IGNORED

Hitting into a Net

iacas
Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, nabzi said:

I've been thinking about this topic myself, so I'll put the question here.

I have a small garden with a shed at the end and a moody neighbor so I don't like to make too much noise. I was thinking about screwing some hook screws from the shed roof and then tying up a cheap net to the screws to create a net I can swing balls into.

The question I had was if it makes a difference whether I used plastic/foam balls or real balls? Inclined to go more towards the practice balls as they make less noise and less chance of damage if I hit the odd crazy shot but wondered if anyone could offer any advice?

Very similar to what I do. I have loops on the net that I attach to patio rafters and secure the bottom with a couple bricks.  It goes up or down in about a minute.  This is the net I use (note, the poles that come with this netare useless, I just threw them away):  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JQ2N5A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=36UCNS1FJJC7E&coliid=I30LBTG82S54QI

I use foam balls and have become so accustomed to practicing this way that I can pretty much tell the quality of my hit.  You can't use real balls with the net I'm referencing.

Here's it set up:

Screenshot_2016-07-15-09-05-37.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

I have a Skytrak setup in my garage, and often times, I find myself hitting into a blank screen, not using the Skytrak.  I go off feel, rather than as you mentioned, trying to send the ball to a particular spot.

I've found I actually make more consistent strikes when I'm hitting into it without the Skytrak.  I'm more focused on what I'm doing rather than where the ball is going.

IMG_0779.thumb.JPG.2d0a79ce5dee2ab6c4289197c6068e81.JPG

On 7/15/2016 at 9:11 AM, No Mulligans said:

Very similar to what I do. I have loops on the net that I attach to patio rafters and secure the bottom with a couple bricks.  It goes up or down in about a minute.  This is the net I use (note, the poles that come with this netare useless, I just threw them away):  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JQ2N5A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=36UCNS1FJJC7E&coliid=I30LBTG82S54QI

I use foam balls and have become so accustomed to practicing this way that I can pretty much tell the quality of my hit.  You can't use real balls with the net I'm referencing.

Here's it set up:

Screenshot_2016-07-15-09-05-37.png

That Pergola is almost exactly like ours, except that not a room on the right, but a shed. I don't dare string a net facing those windows however and hence, my net set up in the yard in front of the shed.

5970ff7af3a55_capturedlag.jpg.bc7a4a98e82b8b254203596a6bc1c41c.jpg Since his photo was taken, the rotted wood has been replaced along with several posts and new paint, and the junk removed.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!