IGNORED

Monthly Award Winners Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by B-Con

Congrats to the winners.

BTW, do we have a tagging award anymore?

We don't anymore

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by B-Con

BTW, do we have a tagging award anymore?

Replaced by the Kickstarter award. Tagging isn't very sexy. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Tagging isn't very sexy. :)

Except when I do it.

Mike McLoughlin

Wow, I won Member of the Month? Cool!

Bad news though. I got diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome a couple weeks ago. No joke. I thought it was tendinitis from golf (had it since May 2011), but it turned out to be more serious than that. I'm seeing a physical therapist and was told to reduce all computer use as much as I can. I'm not even supposed to be on here right now, but saw that I got some PMs as congratulations and sure enough, I won this award. Seriously, could the timing be more awful.

Anyway, I definitely try to make good posts as often as I can. It's too bad I won't get to post at all for a while because of this. Even typing this now is hurting me. I should make a full recovery though eventually and don't need surgery. But if I kept going on the path I was going, I would've made it a lot worse. I'm only 28 and never took the whole carpel tunnel thing seriously but it turns out it's a very real thing.

It's too bad because it looked fun to make posts with the Member of the Month award thing in your signature.... kind of gives your posts a bit more legitimacy. But oh well. I need this to heal. Badly.

Sorry for keeping this so short, and thanks a lot to everyone here who gave me a thumbs up in the past. It means a lot. This is my favorite website by far and this award is more of a reflection of the community here being so informative since pretty much all my knowledge comes from here. I'm just really good at using the search function. I've been a lurker since the first day I ever played golf and I joined the site only four months later. This means a lot.

I hope to be 100% again soon so I can return to being a regular member. Thanks again, guys!

• Upvote 2

Constantine

Jet Fan, very sorry to hear about this.  Good to hear you don't need surgery, do what you need to do and see you back on here soon!

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

JetFan, also sorry to hear that. Time to invest in some of the speech-to-text software packages? I've heard they're quite good these days (though I suspect their dictionary of golf terminology may be lacking…).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

JetFan, also sorry to hear that. Time to invest in some of the speech-to-text software packages? I've heard they're quite good these days (though I suspect their dictionary of golf terminology may be lacking…).

yeah get the MORAD/TGM compatible version

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 weeks later...

Site Awards for February, 2012

Here are the performance awards for the month of Feb, 2012.

55812df0_tst_award_rookie_otm.png

The winner of "Rookie of the Month" is the member who registered within the previous 60 days and achieved the most reputation points during the month! Congratulations goes out to Gordo865 !

f306b88b_tst_award_reviewer_otm.png

The winner of the "Reviewer of the Month" award goes to the member who posts the most reviews in the calendar month. This month, the Reviewer of the Month award goes to Beachcomber !

tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

The winner of "Kick Starter of the Month" is the member who started a thread with the most responses in the calendar month. That thread was Tiger Wants to Ban the Long Putter , congrats AGAIN to brocks !

ec6c360a_tst_award_member_otm.png

The winner of the "Member of the Month" award goes to the member who receives the most reputation points, as voted on by all the eligible members , in the previous month. The winner of this month's Member of the Month award is..................................... Ernest Jones !

If You'd Like to Win...

... Member of the Month , then get out there and make some top-notch posts!

... Reviewer of the Month , then write up some course or equipment reviews!

.. . KickStarter of the Month, then think of or find interesting threads to start!

The awards cycle for March has already begun!  So get to it!

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks guys!  I have some new golf goodies and gadgets I'll put some reviews up later this month.  Hopefully someone finds some use out of using them! :D

I don't know what to say. I guess first and foremost I need to thank God. Without him I wouldn't have the shotty attention span that I use to post on this forum during Stat 201 lecture. Umm. The state of Tennessee and it's lottery scholarship that helped pay for my laptop. And of course mom and pop. Without them I wouldn't even be here. But most of all. THANK YOU SANDTRAP!! Without your love and support I wouldn't be accepting this award. Y'all drive safe tonight and thanks for comin' out.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by gordo865

I don't know what to say. I guess first and foremost I need to thank God. Without him I wouldn't have the shotty attention span that I use to post on this forum during Stat 201 lecture. Umm. The state of Tennessee and it's lottery scholarship that helped pay for my laptop. And of course mom and pop. Without them I wouldn't even be here. But most of all. THANK YOU SANDTRAP!! Without your love and support I wouldn't be accepting this award. Y'all drive safe tonight and thanks for comin' out.

good one dude

Mike McLoughlin

Cool! I didn't see that one coming. Thanks for the reputation points everyone. I guess good things do happen when you spend WAY too much time on the trap!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm sensing sarcasm....in which case

thought it was a very funny post

Mike McLoughlin

Then I retract my troll face retort and hope you accept sincerest apology good sir.

No worries at all, glad to have you on the site

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 weeks later...

Site Awards for March, 2012

Here are the performance awards for the month of March, 2012.

55812df0_tst_award_rookie_otm.png

The winner of "Rookie of the Month" is the member who registered within the previous 60 days and achieved the most reputation points during the month! Congratulations goes out to Dormie1360 !

f306b88b_tst_award_reviewer_otm.png

The winner of the "Reviewer of the Month" award goes to the member who posts the most reviews in the calendar month. This month, the Reviewer of the Month award goes to boogielicious !

tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

The winner of "Kick Starter of the Month" is the member who started a thread with the most responses in the calendar month. That thread was 2012 WGC Cadillac TPC Blue Monster at Doral Discussion Thread , congrats to Tourspoon !

ec6c360a_tst_award_member_otm.png

The winner of the "Member of the Month" award goes to the member who receives the most reputation points, as voted on by all the eligible members , in the previous month. The winner of this month's Member of the Month award is..................................... zipazoid ! !

If You'd Like to Win...

... Member of the Month , then get out there and make some top-notch posts!

... Reviewer of the Month , then write up some course or equipment reviews!

.. . KickStarter of the Month, then think of or find interesting threads to start!

The awards cycle for April has already begun!  So get to it!

Mike McLoughlin

congrats to Tourspoon, however I believe Patrick57 was probably the guy who generated the most posts!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!