• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
iacas

Share Your Photos

Very nice.  Looks like it was taken with a long range lens because the depth of field brings out the focus on the leaf.

Originally Posted by camper6

What is the best way to upload a photo on this forum?

Create an album. Put them there. Or just click the photo icon in the toolbar and locate the image on your hard disk.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for starting the group.  I hope we get more members and more photos from around the country or the world for that matter.

Well, post more and put a link to the group in your signature or something.

In the end this is still a golf forum, so we're drawing from photographers who are mostly golfers. Maybe there are a lot out there. I hope so. But I don't know...

Close, it's the Owens Valley in California, not too far from the Nevada border.  Both pictures were taken within 100 yards of each other (that truck was parked below and to the left of the radio telescope).

Originally Posted by camper6

Getting the stars in is what makes that picture.

It was a bit of a challenge to keep them looking like stars. Even with the moon lighting the dish, it took about a 30 second exposure, so if you look closely, they're already starting to trail.

Actually, although I like that photo a lot, it has some technical problems that make it hard to use as a print. In addition to the stars trailing, the dish was actually moving during the photo, so if you look closely at its edge it has some motion blur. It's hard to see online (especially in the low-res version here), but it's distracting in print.

Ok, I did a search and nothing about posting photos you have taken recently, but I did discover that there were some people on here into photography. So this thread may go well or just get ignored. But anyway, post up some of your favourite photos you have taken. Me personally, I like cityscapes, day or night, but love night or dusk. Here Goes.

SG206204.jpg

SG205968scaled.jpg

SG204038scaled.jpg

SG203928crop.jpg

Little bit of tilt/shift fun

SG205971TS.jpg

SG206350scaled.jpg

SG202002scaled.jpg

SG202328scaled.jpg

Taken HDR

SG202343scaledHDR.jpg

SG202331scaled.jpg

Very nice! I'm more into iPhonography than full photography at the moment. Started out mainly as a budgetary constraint but not I enjoy the challenge of making a scene lok great with only a couple of apps.

Some of my stuff:

63376_136387313074298_100001090894181_195452_2917423_n.jpg

62697_136747229704973_100001090894181_197306_4700340_n.jpg

28588_111785998867763_100001090894181_83797_2414847_n.jpg

36363_114497221929974_100001090894181_95930_8047464_n.jpg

28272_113101372069559_100001090894181_89830_1339214_n.jpg

Nice work both of you!  Check out our photography spot in the groups section and maybe you can get it kick started.  One day I'll get around to processing and posting a few pics myself....

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/41/photographers-shutterbugs

We have a group here actually: http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/41/photographers-shutterbugs . Here's a thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/54402/share-your-photos .