IGNORED

Virginia Tech Shooter used E-BAY

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 6211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow... I didn't mean to get in on the gun debate. Actually I agree with you. I was just commenting on another post. Just think maybe ammunition should be purchased in person. But whatever, I don't care if he bought them on ebay (and I already said that). If not ebay it would have been somewhere else.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I am curious as to how mant massacres of innocent people it will take in the US before you question your right to buy ammo at walmart and guns over the counter. Please dont tell me guns dont kill people , people do thats a bs cliche wheeled out by the gun nuts to defend their positon.

It's in the "Grill Room" forum. You can talk about whatever you want here, like a real grill room... politics, whatever.

Ah sorry guys, my mistake.....Er...I'll get my coat.

Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I am curious as to how mant massacres of innocent people it will take in the US before you question your right to buy ammo at walmart and guns over the counter. Please dont tell me guns dont kill people , people do thats a bs cliche wheeled out by the gun nuts to defend their positon.

Hmmmm, I don't think it's as simple as that. Just look at the gun crime statistics with America and compare them to Canada. Canada has the same gun laws and accessibility to the firearms as the US.

Equipment

Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

i agree but they do not have the same problem as the us so that does not seem all that relevant to my mind.

That's exactly my point! Canada have nowhere near the same gun problems as the US, but their laws are the same as the US, i.e. pretty flimsy, unlike ours, say, which are really strict, especially since Dunblane. So I was just saying that it's a complicated issue, far more than just the firearm laws, as the Canadian model seems to suggest.

Equipment

saying that Canada has the same gun laws but not the same problem as a reason not to tighten gun laws in the US is rather like saying uganda which has a 75% hiv rate does not need to address safe sex issues because they have the same issues as in south africa even though the rates are far lower there

I'm not saying don't tighten gun laws! Of course they need to tighten gun laws, although it's closing the barn door after the horses bolted to a certain extent. What I am saying is that it's a multi-faceted problem which requires more thought that just the fact that there are lots of guns flying around - as Canada clearly demonstrates - they have guns left right and center, but don't have nearly the same problems.
Equipment

• Administrator
saying that Canada has the same gun laws but not the same problem as a reason not to tighten gun laws in the US is rather like saying uganda which has a 75% hiv rate does not need to address safe sex issues because they have the same issues as in south africa even though the rates are far lower there

Drop it now. Again, I'd prefer not to close this thread (I prefer not to close any thread), but if debate continues, I will.

Go read a book written by a criminologist. And yes, I'm a proud gun owner, former hunter (I hunt birdies now and enjoy "shooting" animals with my cameras now), and friend of knowledge and fact. Final warning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!