IGNORED

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by franky21

Well i am sure we can put both accounts into effect.It hit the tree and landed in the rough then first cut and trickled into the fairway.Regardless what it was, all those reasons were the real reason why Tiger's tee shot was farther. Tiger still did smash that that 3 iron off of the tee.

Certainly, just wanted to add that detail.

Bill

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Certainly, just wanted to add that detail

Well that was a great observation because i don't recall seeing the ball hit the tree.That was a very aggressive play by Zach,to pull out the big stick in that particular situation was great to see.He was not laying down,like they say go big or go home.

Shorty the way i do things is the way i do things.I have come a long way in life to be successfull to let a guy with a pipe dream tell me what to do.

Yeah? Well I had two birdies on Saturday and lipped out a 12 footer, so it's no pipe dream.

In fact - I'm looking at REGULAR Q School in 2012. Eat that.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Dude this has nothing to do with you so mind your business.

Lay off my buddy, Franky.

You're REALLY starting to push my buttons.

Call me whatever you like, but leave Kieran123 out of it.

You upset him, you upset me. Mess with him, you mess with me. Understand?

Kieran........it's OK. Don't worry about him....it's all talk.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Yeah? Well I had two birdies on Saturday and lipped out a 12 footer, so it's no pipe dream.

Shorty i am happy to hear that. I have no problem with you.Since the first week that i joined this forum you have been an arrogant loud mouth person.I was shocked to hear that you were 51 cause you act like your 21. I personally enjoy debating with you just don't like your remarks towards me and others,i think it is uncalled for.But i guess that is your personality. Like i said before lets stay on topic,i know that isn't a easy task for you but give it a try.

Shorty if you haven't realized it by now anything you say goes right over my head,

Now that really is stating the obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Shorty the way i do things is the way i do things.I have come a long way in life to be successfull to let a guy with a pipe dream tell me what to do.

It's not a pipe dream. I have faith that if you dedicate your entire life to following this dream, next year at this time you'll be living in that pipe!  "Dream big" I always say.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

It's not a pipe dream. I have faith that if you dedicate your entire life to following this dream, next year at this time you'll be living in that pipe!  "Dream big" I always say.

Well looking at the scores at Q School this week, I figure that I only need 6 good rounds and three of them in the 60s.

Can't wait!!

The beauty of the dream is that a lifetime's dedication and energy can be realised in a 23 month time frame. Awesome.  But...that's golf!

I'm going to have to make me some popcorn and watch this thread unfold.  Keep it up, kids!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

This thread could turn out to be the best yet. Franky I've missed your words of wisdom!!!. *cough* So keep it up.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Depends...Tiger can control his 3wood quite well and can opt to hit that off of the tee vs. his driver on longer holes (of course, he will hit the driver on the really long par 4s that are 470+yds plus).

With the way Tiger is hitting his irons right now, I think we are going to seem him play a lot of longer second shots into holes vs. in the past when he would try to blast the driver to have a shorter second shot.  We saw this strategy in the Australian Open, Presidents cup and now at Chevron.  I noticed that when he did decide to pull the driver, it was mostly on par 5s and par 4s that had more generous fairways.

Personally, if he continues to play this way it's a great strategy and one that many people have always asked of him in the past.  "Why not hit the hard 270+ yard 3 wood instead of blocking the driver into the trees on the right?"  I remember, like others, asking that question over and over again.

This was also the strategy that got him a British Open win at Hoylake.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You had me and then you lost me. What's that last paragraph about again?

What does any of this have to do with the 2012 Chevron World Challenge?

Rich - in name only

Well that was a great observation because i don't recall seeing the ball hit the tree.That was a very aggressive play by Zach,to pull out the big stick in that particular situation was great to see.He was not laying down,like they say go big or go home.

Nah, Zack was hoping that his drive would go out of bounds so he wouldn't have to miss that putt on 18 to let Tiger win.  LOL

Rich - in name only

Well looking at the scores at Q School this week, I figure that I only need 6 good rounds and three of them in the 60s.

Can't wait!!

The beauty of the dream is that a lifetime's dedication and energy can be realised in a 23 month time frame. Awesome.  But...that's golf!

Go make a thread to discuss Q-school.This is about the Chevron.

Originally Posted by turtleback

Nah, Zack was hoping that his drive would go out of bounds so he wouldn't have to miss that putt on 18 to let Tiger win.  LOL

LOL,i know but it got a good kick so he had to finish the hole.

Originally Posted by turtleback

This was also the strategy that got him a British Open win at Hoylake.

Good stat Turtleback,nothing like a good fact to back up a statement.

LOL you got it Officer Shorty.

Good stat Turtleback,nothing like a good fact to back up a statement.

So to get back on topic,i have to say if Tiger has won with long irons off of the tee it may be his new way to stay in play so he can attack the course.Tiger has said that with Foley's swing he is compressing the ball a lot which is giving him more distance.So gaining more yards with his new swing could make him more comfortable using the 3 iron off of the tee.Maybe he should get rid of his 5-w and throw in a 2 iron Time will tell if depending on the long irons will be a good strategy..

Note: This thread is 4530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!