IGNORED

ROLL TIDE !!!!

cruzthepug
Note: This thread is 4484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Roll Tide.

Let the gnashing of teeth begin,

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by shades9323

I can't wait to fall asleep during another defensive battle(read boring game).  If I can stay away, I will be watching LSU win again.

No offense, but anyone who says a defensive game is "boring" doesn't really appreciate football.  When points are at a premium, the stakes are that much higher on every single play.  A single mistake can cost you the game.  In a 45-35 game, single plays don't matter and sloppy defensive play isn't punished.  A defensive battle is like watching a high wire act without a net, whereas an offensive score-fest is like watching a bunch of clowns juggle bowling pins.

You know what kind of games are boring?  The kind where an SEC team beats the brakes off of a "superior" offense from the Big 12.  Seriously, the BCS did Oklahoma State a favor.  If the Cowboys played LSU they'd probably get beaten by 40.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Different strokes for different folks. We just appreciate football in different ways. The majority of people like to see touchdowns and exciting offensive plays. Very very few can get excited about a game that had 5 field goals and no touchdowns. I doubt LSU would beat OSU by 40.  They would win, but not by that much.  Especially with the lack of competent QB's.

Originally Posted by bwdial

No offense, but anyone who says a defensive game is "boring" doesn't really appreciate football.  When points are at a premium, the stakes are that much higher on every single play.  A single mistake can cost you the game.  In a 45-35 game, single plays don't matter and sloppy defensive play isn't punished.  A defensive battle is like watching a high wire act without a net, whereas an offensive score-fest is like watching a bunch of clowns juggle bowling pins.

You know what kind of games are boring?  The kind where an SEC team beats the brakes off of a "superior" offense from the Big 12.  Seriously, the BCS did Oklahoma State a favor.  If the Cowboys played LSU they'd probably get beaten by 40.

I'd have to agree that LSU wouldn't beat OK St by 40 because if there is one knock on LSU it's that there offense can sputter at times. Which was why I thought OK St would have been a good match up for LSU. Think about it OK St high powered offense vs LSU's high powered D would have made for a great game. Unfortunately if I have to sit through another 9-6 game I will be disappointed it's not like the NFL where a lot of field goals are made so points still get on the board. It's hard to watch in college because the kickers are so inconsistent I lose interest when I know a teams kicker probably won't make anything beyond 40 yards. Yeah there is a premium on points but watching an offense put together a decent drive only to watch a kicker miss from 32 yards isn't all that entertaining. I hoping this game turns out to be different and some points get on the board one way or the other but please I don't need to see 12 field goal attempts.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

How many "high powered offense" versus "high powered defense" BCS bloodbaths do we have to see before people realize that defense truly does win championships?

Oklahoma State's defense is ranked outside the top 100.  The only thing they do well is "create" turnovers.  They are able to "create" so many turnovers because they play in a pass happy conference.  LSU has five road graders up front and a backfield as deep and talented as you'll ever see in college - or pro - football.  I would be shocked if LSU threw the ball more than 15 times if they played Oklahoma State.  And, LSU has show that they don't have to rely on their offense to score all of their points anyway.

As an Alabama alum I have to admit that there was a little part of me that secretly hoped the Cowboys would jump us just so we could see another bloodbath.

May not be 40 but either LSU or Bama would put a beat down of OK St. The stats speak for themselves. Ok St has to have a high powered offense and score a bunch ot points because their defense gives up so many points.

Offense:

OK St. ranks 2nd - 49.3 pts/gm

LSU ranks 12 - 38.5 pts/gm

Alabama ranks 16 - 36 pts/gm

Defense

Alabama ranks 1st - 8.8 pts/gm

LSU ranks 2nd - 10.5 pts/gm

OK St. ranks 60 - 25.8 pts/gm

I would like for OK St. to put LSU on the schedule EVERY year and see how many times they beat them. Everyone keeps saying that Bama already had their chance, well, so did everyone else. OK St, Stanford and all the other 1 lose teams had their chance and didn't win, just like Alabama. Alabama can't help that LSU is a yearly conference game, and this year is the #1 teams. Maybe next year they can drop LSU and play Iowa St.

Bloodbath? What BCS game involved a SEC school and a Big 12 school that was a blood bath? Bama beat Texas by 16 when Colt McCoy got hurt so I wouldn't call that a blood bath. Outside of that I think Florida beat Oklahoma by 10, LSU beat Oklahoma by 7, and Nebraska beat Tenn by 10 so I'm not sure what's the knock on the big 12 unless you're confusing it with the Big 10 because those games were ugly.

As for everyone is saying Bama had their chance and so did every one else. I agree but what if Ok St or Stanford lost early in the season and Bama lost late in the season guess what Bama is out. I'm not knocking Bama but thats a flaw of the BCS which will probably never be corrected and it's a shame for any team to be penalized on when they lose.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I'm not knocking Bama but thats a flaw of the BCS which will probably never be corrected and it's a shame for any team to be penalized on when they lose.

Let the top 4 teams play (1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3), either use existing bowl games or create new games all together with the highest ranked team being the home team, and then have the championship game between the winners.

As far a loosing early, it's just a fact that if a team looses they drop in the polls regardless of when they loose. It's just when you loose early you have a chance to climb back up if the teams ahead of you falter. Even with the +1 or 4 team playoff the same would apply. If a team was to loose early and climb back to fourth they would be in, a team in second or third that looses late would more than likely drop out of the top 4 and still be out of the mix. That's the mindset of the voters, it's the "what have you done lately" thought and if you loose early the voters forget about that with quality wins at the end of the season.

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

Let the top 4 teams play (1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3), either use existing bowl games or create new games all together with the highest ranked team being the home team, and then have the championship game between the winners.

As far a loosing early, it's just a fact that if a team looses they drop in the polls regardless of when they loose. It's just when you loose early you have a chance to climb back up if the teams ahead of you falter. Even with the +1 or 4 team playoff the same would apply. If a team was to loose early and climb back to fourth they would be in, a team in second or third that looses late would more than likely drop out of the top 4 and still be out of the mix. That's the mindset of the voters, it's the "what have you done lately" thought and if you loose early the voters forget about that with quality wins at the end of the season.

I agree and the top 4 teams is a better idea then what they got going now. I mean if the top 4 were in a playoff it would cut down on the shoulda woulda coulda teams but it would just lead to the  fans of #5 and #6 complaining too. I like they way division 2 does it but that would probably be a little much and more travel expenses involved. I also like the idea of the top 10 teams in a playoff just because it would lead to a lot of good games.

What a stupid system.  They didn't win there conference and get to play for a national championship game.  It would be nice to see a game that hasn't already been played.  Nothing against AL, I love the SEC, but this really sucks.  I think it should be an 8 team playoff.  No conference championship games as they seem to mean nothing.  Just start last weekend, attach some stupid name to each and let them play it out for the title.  Still let others play in bowl games but have a top 8 playoff.

Brian

I think it stinks that a team that wins their conference, all be it very easily, does not get a chance to win a national championship. Lets start putting the teams that run first and second in the AFC in the Superbowl and forget the other conference even exists...I hope the tide get smashed. Its nothing personal against them, but lets see how many points their offense can score...I am dirtier than a $5 hooker over this.....

Alabama doesn't belong in the 'BCS Title Game', you already lost to LSU (too bad you missed those field goals).  Sure, rematches can happen in other sports, but only appropriate if there is a playoff system.  Since in the current BCS mess, there is no playoff system, then no rematch.  That's my opinion and since that's what the BCS title game matchup is largely based on, then that's what counts.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

I think it stinks that a team that wins their conference, all be it very easily, does not get a chance to win a national championship. Lets start putting the teams that run first and second in the AFC in the Superbowl and forget the other conference even exists...I hope the tide get smashed. Its nothing personal against them, but lets see how many points their offense can score...I am dirtier than a $5 hooker over this.....

West Virginia won their conference, Clemson won their conference, Southern Miss even won their conference, does that mean they deserve a shot the the national championship, don't think so. Granted OK St. had a great year but the loss to Iowa St. cost them, if Alabama's loss would have been to Miss. St. (same record as Iowa St.) they wouldn't be playing in the championship game.

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Alabama doesn't belong in the 'BCS Title Game', you already lost to LSU (too bad you missed those field goals).

If that's the case there's no need for a championship game, because no other teams belong either. Crown LSU the champions since they are the only undefeated team and let's move on to next year.

Note: This thread is 4484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!