IGNORED

Hybrids and furry animal headcovers

rolopolo
Note: This thread is 4518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking about wearing spurs on my golf shoes and riding a horse instead of cart...

• Upvote 1

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I am thinking of getting a dragon headcover, riding a unicorn, and wearing a suit of armor so I can go all midievel on your arses with my 48* hybrid.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Kobey

I sleep with my furry headcovers at night.  Is that wrong?

Not wrong, but definitely illegal In 15 states.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I would definitely add overuse of emojis as number 1.

Why the converse? Don't hate on Chuck. Really, the best selling basketball shoe of all time. Get real.  Club fitting? Come on, let me have you hit a club that is 2* flatter than what you need. I will give you furry animal covers as it kind of goes along with the smilies and maybe hybrids under the three iron and throw in Starbucks. I am still trying to figure out what a club with a non-functional feature is. All my clubs are pretty functional.

I like your blog tourspoon i always read it

the golf club market is primarily one for cosmetic appeal, and secondly functionality.

it is in a sorry state. callaway, titleist, ping, whatever - they are not in the business of supplying the golfer with the best tools to play the game.

this is not my opinion, this is a fact, and you will find this in any strategic report for the big oems. anyways, it is pretty obvious how they go about things.

unfortunately, the cosmetic appeal theyre after will only appeal to people with zero taste, and those who like tacky nonsense

i cannot, and will not, play an iron with any piece of foil insert, wings, stupid gimmicks, non functional shapes and features, or anything that does not impact on its performance.

unfortunately most people are not that smart (my iq is 149), and marketers of not only golf equipment but also other goods need to account for the 90% of stupid people out there

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by rolopolo

the golf club market is primarily one for cosmetic appeal, and secondly functionality.

it is in a sorry state. callaway, titleist, ping, whatever - they are not in the business of supplying the golfer with the best tools to play the game.

this is not my opinion, this is a fact, and you will find this in any strategic report for the big oems. anyways, it is pretty obvious how they go about things.

unfortunately, the cosmetic appeal theyre after will only appeal to people with zero taste, and those who like tacky nonsense

i cannot, and will not, play an iron with any piece of foil insert, wings, stupid gimmicks, non functional shapes and features, or anything that does not impact on its performance.

unfortunately most people are not that smart (my iq is 149), and marketers of not only golf equipment but also other goods need to account for the 90% of stupid people out there

But your EQ* is over 200.

*Emoticon Quotient

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by rolopolo

I gave you a thumbs-up for reading my blog!

I have to agree with some of your sentiment for non-functionality. My golf clubs have to look like golf clubs or else it is a problem. The only exceptions is my Adams Hybrid that is a Boxer and my Odyssey Two Ball Blade putter.

Quote:

You're over thinking it. Typical of people with high IQs and dysfunctional social skills.

The recent increases in technology shared by all golf club manufacturers has resulted in much better clubs in the last 10 or so years.

Buy clubs from 2 or 3 years ago (still readily available) for a fraction of the original price or the price of this years slightly aesthetically modified version.

The doodads are irrelevant and, in fact, will make future high IQ curmudgeons pine for the days of old when clubs had flames and plastic inserts.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by WWBDD

A real man unfurls the chipmunk headcover from his #6 hyrid at the tips.

A real man unfurls his 6h from a chipmunk head cover at the tips on #1 from 420, hits the green pin high, one hop, brings it back to 2 feet.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

A real man unfurls the chipmunk headcover from his #6 hyrid at the tips.

A real man unfurls his 6h from a chipmunk head cover at the tips on #1 from 420, hits the green pin high, one hop, brings it back to 2 feet.

"Hmmm. Should I go with Moose or Squirrel? Squirrel it is.", said Boris to Natasha.

Note: This thread is 4518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!