IGNORED

Best thing about golf?

Goodfella
Note: This thread is 4489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its the only thing I've ever done where something can just click at any time.  You can be totally lost, and then think of something to try, or read something, or see something on TV - and you're killing the ball.  Its that little hope that keeps all of us coming back.

Beyond that, the exercise.  Walking my local is 4.5 miles.  I don't like to run or bike or play basketball, but I sure do love to walk my local track with a few friends.  Its exercise I love to do and that is a key to being healthy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MbolicGolf

The Balls

Ha ha!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

There is nothing I like better than being one with nature.........rockin' the ball.........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I play golf for many reasons but the main ones are to get away from real life for a few hours and to spend time with my father, brother and friends.

Originally Posted by JBird

I play golf for many reasons but the main ones are to get away from real life for a few hours and to spend time with my father, brother and friends.

Who can argue with that?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Who can argue with that?

Apparantly you're not married...

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

I like golf for 3 reasons:

1. You really start to relax if you played a golf course

2. It is a nice sport to play, you can do it everywhere in the world

3. Golfers are living 5 year longer! ;)

1. It's a personally challenging sport that can be played at any age.  While physical ability and fitness is a factor the game accounts for that by offering different tee boxes and  handicap to make it possible for anyone to compete fairly.
  2. It's a total hobby you can emerge yourself into, from watching on television, buying or testing equipment to practicing in your home or backyard
  3. It's a relaxing and social activity where you can be active, competitive, yet not so intense that you can't do some business, share some laughs and just have a good time doing it.
  4. I find it like running in that I'm consumed with the desire to improve which keeps me motivated to practice and learn more about it.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm starting to get more into the competitiveness and wanting to improve mode.  Golf to me used to be nearly 100% casual and social.  Not so much anymore.  I find myself much more motivated to improve.  I think most of that stems from knowing golf is one of the few sports I can improve in and continue to be good at.  I'm 38 and have played sports all my life.  I played basketball through college and still play a couple times per week now.  Obviously, you don't get better at basketball at my age...and golf is easier on the body.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Room for unlimited improvement, outdoors in a natural environment, everyone involved with course appreciation and respect for the common ground, not especially age or sex related, easy to set a goal and work towards it, demands focus on the moment, a physical skill with massive mental overtones, room of occasional humor (tee shot going backwards or ball bouncing off the OB stake onto the green), a great place to practice compassion for others and loving kindness towards self, realizing no one is perfect and accepting life in the moment....

however, can be expensive, demanding and may lead to injury or mental depression

but i luv it !!

Note: This thread is 4489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!