IGNORED

Your Golden Rule

lostmyballs
Note: This thread is 4468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't pee into the wind!

• Upvote 1
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Never leave myself in a position to 3-putt.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

"The most important shot in golf is the next shot"

The one rule I play by the most is knowing my limitations. I don't drive the ball 300 yds. So I drive the ball, 8-9 to the the front. Pitch or chip onto the green, and putt for par or bogey. If I bogey every hole, I'm under 100.

don't whine when you hit a poor shot.   HATE when others (especially men) do that ...  I catch myself doing that once an a while & really try hard to just suck it up and keep my emotions to myself

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1) The only shot is the next one.

2) Something like, swing smooth and short, not hard and long, is a close second.

In service of (1), I read something in a book about sports psychology.  The author has worked with many PGA players, and one thing he has them do is play some rounds with two scorecards.  One regular, and the second you just record the answers to three questions after each shot.  I can't remember the third question, but the first two are (i) did you visualize the shot you wanted to hit before stepping up to the ball, (ii) did you step over the ball fully committed to the shot with no doubts or extraneous thoughts?  He said he's worked with pros who could only answer yes to those questions after 60% of shots when they first did this.  The idea is to focus on process and variables you can control, and not on the outcome you want.  We all know we can't physically hit a perfect shot every single time, but we can control our mental process 100% of the time.  The obvious example is when you hit hole 14 or 15 with a good score and you think you might be able to score low enough to break some barrier or personal best or maybe just your best round in a while or best at some particular course.  Then you start thinking about outcomes rather than the process, and suddenly you stop playing so well.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by Anjew

Keep your goddamn head down

While having a pretty bad round one day, I sat in the cart, closed my eyes, and laid my head back. When I opened my eyes, this is what I saw....

KeepURHeadDown.jpg

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by inthehole

don't whine when you hit a poor shot.   HATE when others (especially men) do that ...  I catch myself doing that once an a while & really try hard to just suck it up and keep my emotions to myself

My house is about 75 yards from the tee box of a dog leg right over bunkers and a lagoon.  I actually find it rather amusing whenever I hear the strike of a ball immediately followed by one of the following:

-Crap!

-Shit!

-Damnit!

-Son of a bitch!

It happens a lot more than I would normally expect.  I suppose it would get old if you played with someone that was always like that, but sitting in my backyard and hearing it is always funny to me.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

It's always funny when it happens to someone else... When I play with friends, I try to laugh at those shots, mine and theirs. Not only does this give me an opportunity to bust their balls, it lightens the mood. No such luck when playing alone, though.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

My house is about 75 yards from the tee box of a dog leg right over bunkers and a lagoon.  I actually find it rather amusing whenever I hear the strike of a ball immediately followed by one of the following:

-Crap!

-Shit!

-Damnit!

-Son of a bitch!

It happens a lot more than I would normally expect.  I suppose it would get old if you played with someone that was always like that, but sitting in my backyard and hearing it is always funny to me.

sounds pretty much like every group I've ever played in ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Liquor before beer....it is clear.

Beer before Liquor....it comes up quicker

A golden rule to live by.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Spackler

While having a pretty bad round one day, I sat in the cart, closed my eyes, and laid my head back. When I opened my eyes, this is what I saw....

Hahahaha....that is hilarious!

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Don't pee into the wind!

Hahahahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:

Note: This thread is 4468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!