IGNORED

Golf Sets or Golf Games ???

Uncle Lau
Note: This thread is 4479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me, i have 3 sets of golf clubs...i played very regular at home club.....i always switch my 3 sets to play and i enjoy taking them out for a spin.

Buying a new or desire sets are not always my first priority as my budget is tight.

I can wait for a desire set in 5 to 10 years time, i am not in a hurry to change. By than, the preowned sets pricing will be just nice.

At my age, able to play golf with friends and loved one is already a Blessing.

I don't mind if i have time to try different golf course as guest with my golfing buddies

Oversea course if i got time. Yes you can say i am willing to spend a little more to enjoy and admire the lovely layout of different course...once a while. It just like bring your loved one to different restaurant to eat.

I am from the old school, so i won't keep changing clubs.

I belong to Golfer B

I don't think anyone that owns 3 sets of clubs belongs to Golfer B...

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

I don't think I'm a A or B fellow.  That is sort of the problem in trying to divide people up into A or B groups.

I have two complete sets of clubs, one is my regular set and the other I keep mostly for my Grandson's visits.  But I use the second set when I am here and my regular set is somewhere else.  But I also have two other Iron sets, a few putters, drivers and wedges around the garage I use upon occasion.   Sometimes I just need a different feel in my hands.  My newest set is a 3-4 year old set of Callaway X 22 Irons and my oldest is a 15 or so year old set of Titleists CPR irons.  When I do buy clubs I always buy either last years model or from the used club bin.  Trying to save a few $.   I usually play golf two times a week (sometimes more and sometimes less average about 100 rounds a year)  and have range cards at two local practice facilities and try to practice at least once a week.   I am unsure if this is an A or a B, but it's accurate portrayal of my golfing equipment and play.

Butch

I'm more Player B. Tho I don't mind playing lousy golf courses - golf is golf.

The reason for being a 'B' is pretty practical. I'm left-handed, and grew up in a time when lefty clubs weren't readily available. I took what I could get. And even now, with the vast majority of new stuff catering to righties, I'm not tempted. When I walk into a golf store, I am conditioned to go to the far back corner where the 10 sets of left-handed clubs are.

Blessing in disguise, actually. Got more money to spend on playing good courses.

Originally Posted by Uncle Lau

For me, i have 3 sets of golf clubs...i played very regular at home club.....i always switch my 3 sets to play and i enjoy taking them out for a spin.

Are you Mr. Johnson on the Wilson commercial?

You made me think of the commercial as the guy yells at the attendant....... "get my blades" .  Hahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Gresh24

You're right. I sure don't. But I don't belong in the OP's group A either. The choices are extremes and neither one describes any single person I know.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You're right. I sure don't. But I don't belong in the OP's group A either. The choices are extremes and neither one describes any single person I know.

Originally Posted by Gresh24

I own 3 sets and I belong more to group B than A.  My primary clubs are 20 year old Pings.  My backup clubs are 40 year old blades.  I have a 25+ year old set of clubs that were mine in highschool.  I keep them in my practice area for loaners.  I only have 1 bag, a cheap one at that, so my other clubs are leaned up against the wall or rubber-banded together.

I also won't spend much to play.  I always gravitate to the cheapest local courses and I play the same one over and over.  I am not particularly good at golf and I just feel more comfortable walking through the weeds at cheap courses carrying cheap clubs in a cheap bag.  I could afford a brand new set of nice clubs but I would feel really conspicuous shanking all over the place with them.   I can also afford to play wherever I want - with in reason, of course.  However, I feel like a truly nice course would be wasted on a golfer of my ability.  The $30 courses actually have less trees and water and stuff . .so that's better for me, lol.

I'm a "B" with a dose of "A" tossed in.     My last 15 rounds have been at 13 different courses.    And although I usually play at more upscale courses, I shop for deals where possible.     I am starting to travel more to play golf, and just booked a vacation in Lanai to play some of the courses there, and am also finalizing other summer trip plans to Bandon and Pebble this year and am also planning on Scotland next summer.

I only own one set of clubs, but I do switch them out occasionally - generally the wedges every couple years, irons every 2-3 years, and woods every few years as well.    But I am also an inherent equipment nut in whatever sport i've done (golf, cycling, scuba), so I'm constantly looking at what's new and evaluating if it's any better than what I'm using, and if so I'll switch without hesitation.

Note: This thread is 4479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!