IGNORED

Music for golf

The Rambler
Note: This thread is 6198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What music do you listen to before, during, or after golf

Kiss-Strutter
All of The Killers - Sam's Town, Hot Fuss
The Shins

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

What music do you listen to before, during, or after golf

"Anyway You Want It" by Journey. Only Caddyshack fans will understand, which I am sure most of us are. I actually can't listen to music while golfing. Throws off my concentration.

I like listeing to ska music before a round. Started years ago and I played well after listeing to it.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Rap music or Rock before a round. During? LOL... I don't have one of those Rodney Dangerfield mega bags so... I don't listen to anything during a round. After the round, same as before although the intensity level can fluctuate depending on how well I played

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I use my ipod while I'm at the driving range...usually have some 80's metal.

Driver: R7 460cc 9.5* (Stiff Shaft)
3W:Firesole (Reg Shaft)
Hybrid: 3i 22* graphite (Stiff Shaft)
Irons: G5 3-PW (Reg Shaft)
Wedges: iWedge 52* Vokey 56*Putter: White Steel 2-ballBall: Platinum One

I like listeing to ska music before a round. Started years ago and I played well after listeing to it.

This is an interesting topic. I recently found that I've played my best rounds when I had a tune going through my head. I think it may be calming - better to be humming along to a song than over-thinking about my swing. So...lately I've been listening to anything with a catchy tune or repeating chorus that I can get stuck in my head before a round.

I use my ipod while I'm at the driving range...usually have some 80's metal.

+1

Lots of hair metal and some select new tunes. I also wear my IPOD when I play alone.

hammerTyme();
stop();

I often listen to music when I warm up before a round. It helps get the blood flowing and since I don't have to concentrate too hard its not overly distracting. I can't listen to music during a round or while practicing because I can't concentrate.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

usually whatever is on the sirius at the time if you do not have one you should pick it up they are the best.

Keep it on the short grass.

I listen to whatever's on my MP3 player during the drive to the golf course. Sometimes I catch humming the tune to some random Metallica song whilst on the golf course...dont know the effect on my game, though.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! So many different types of tunes. Quite interesting

I often listen to smooth jazz on the way to practice or play as I feel it sets the mood. I am an "A" type personality and can tend to play to aggressively so I am working on dialing it back a bit and when I do I score better. I feel like it helps my tempo.

Here is a possible list of who I may listen too:

Paul Hardcastle (greatest musican alive today)
Boney James
Rick Braun
David Sanborn

Cool thread...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

On the way I listen to XM Radio on the 90s channel. But I like the jazz aspect. Maybe it will calm me down some, since I get amped during the round. Maybe some Dave Brubeck... I will give that a try.

Cool thread, next to golf music is a big part of my life. Mostly Rock, I always have some Metallica in my Mp4 player. Right now.. The Stooges new album which is great, Priestess, Seether, Amy Winehouse.

If my mp4 player isnt charged I'll listen to classic rock on the radio. All that stuff is good.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Oakley Thumps are great for the range and the course when I play alone. I have been listening to the new Linkin Park CD - Minutes To Midnight great cd. The thumps are great because there are no cords to mess with you just flip them down or up.

haha

Before I listen to some Death Metal... if you don't listen to it you wouldn't understand. It just gets me going.

After the round I usually bust out the classic rock, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe Cocker etc.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!