• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
dlance

Adjustments on TaylorMade RBZ driver??

Recommended Posts

dlance    0

I recently purchased the TaylorMade RBZ driver  and while it advertises 8 settings for lie, loft, and face angle with the shaft, only 4 of them are labeled. I have been looking around online and cannot find anywhere that gives a breakdown on what each setting specifically does.

I would prefer not to have to just experiment with each one. Is there anybody that either knows what each setting is, or a site online that shows this? This would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Current set up is: 9* Tour head, with X-Stiff Matrix Ozik HD6 shaft set at "Lower -1.5*" (for the one that is labeled at least).

Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

mvmac    1,759


Originally Posted by dlance

I recently purchased the TaylorMade RBZ driver  and while it advertises 8 settings for lie, loft, and face angle with the shaft, only 4 of them are labeled. I have been looking around online and cannot find anywhere that gives a breakdown on what each setting specifically does.

I would prefer not to have to just experiment with each one. Is there anybody that either knows what each setting is, or a site online that shows this? This would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Current set up is: 9* Tour head, with X-Stiff Matrix Ozik HD6 shaft set at "Lower -1.5*" (for the one that is labeled at least).

Drew


Did you get a booklet when you bought it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

marcus    0

i just bought the rbz its a 10.5...my old driver had 3 setings n,o,c i had it at closed and liked it..i have no idel what this ones doing, it just seems to give it more loft.can any body help..please 9519664459.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gioguy21    30

i believe the adjustments are in .75* of changes...ie you move it two clicks and it's 1.5* loft change...could be wrong, haven't checked the site, i have mine set to the first tick higher loft (mine's a 9, x stiff aldila RIP beta 60 shaft)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dmnoland    6

This week I bought the RBZ and was wondering the same. Both the booklet and website were completely worthless in answering any questions. So I called Taylormade this afternoon and even the product representative didn't know, he had to put me on hold for 5 minutes to go and find out.

Alright, I'm sure we know that the 2 settings on either side of standard are +/-.75 degrees of loft with a total difference of 3 degrees. The other three are standard loft with an increased lie angle and +/- .75 degrees with a total difference of 1.5 degrees.

So that accounts for all 8 settings but what the guy at Taylormade didn't know was how much different the lie angle was. Since I am only 5'5" and don't play anything steeper than standard,, plus I was running out of patience for what I thought was a very basic question, I just let it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wade    0
You should've bough the R11s if you wanted more adjustability. I got mine about a month ago and LOVE it! I hit the ball a lot straighter and farther than my old driver. So far I've shaved about 4 strokes off my game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gordo865    4

When you raise or lower the loft you're also opening and closing the face. You raise the loft; you close it. You lower the loft; you open it. Whatever degree amount that you change the loft just double that amount for how much you're changing the face angle. So if you lower the club 1 notch to .75 degrees lower then you're opening the face 1.5 degrees. Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dlance    0
Originally Posted by Wade

You should've bough the R11s if you wanted more adjustability. I got mine about a month ago and LOVE it! I hit the ball a lot straighter and farther than my old driver. So far I've shaved about 4 strokes off my game.


Nobody ever said they wanted more adjustability...we wanted to know exactly what the effect of club set up was for each notch since it was not abundantly clear in the original documentation provided with the equipment..

P.S. I hit the R11, and it goes consistently shorter that they RBZ (at least for me) by about 10 yards. I am curious though - once you got the club set up the way you liked it, how often do you change the setting on the R11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blue72ss    2

I started thread with same questions.

The club has eight positions, the instruction book shows 8 positions, the print on the club only has 4 positions marked.

This is the first I've heard of "lie angle" changing, this is not advertised in the instruction book,  and is NOT marked on the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

moparman426    27
Originally Posted by blue72ss

This is the first I've heard of "lie angle" changing, this is not advertised in the instruction book,  and is NOT marked on the club.

It does change the lie angle.  That's why there is an "Upright" option.  You can have STD, STD Upright, Higher STD, Higher Upright, etc...On the Taylormade system, the hosel adapter applies loft, face angle and lie angle changes.  The Titleist system is capable of making independent lie angle changes, regardless of the loft/face angle chosen.  There isn't room to write everything the club can do on the hosel adapter.

For reference: http://tunetaylormade.com/

I think this link should be made into a sticky on all golf forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dlance    0
Originally Posted by moparman426

For reference:  http://tunetaylormade.com/

I think this link should be made into a sticky on all golf forums.

That is a very useful link. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blue72ss    2
Originally Posted by moparman426

It does change the lie angle.  That's why there is an "Upright" option.  You can have STD, STD Upright, Higher STD, Higher Upright, etc...On the Taylormade system, the hosel adapter applies loft, face angle and lie angle changes.  The Titleist system is capable of making independent lie angle changes, regardless of the loft/face angle chosen.  There isn't room to write everything the club can do on the hosel adapter.

For reference:  http://tunetaylormade.com/

I think this link should be made into a sticky on all golf forums.

This should be marked on the shaft, this is crazy.

So I basically had to squint at the computer screen on this link to determine that higher 0.75 degrees is actually not just one click towards the word "higher" like I thought, it appears to be one click to the right of the word "lower".

And than the full standard higher 1.5 degree is labeled on the shaft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blue72ss    2

For example, I dont want to go higher by the full 1.5 degree, I only want to go higher by .75 degree, this position is not marked and the only thing I have to by is that link and all I can determine is that it is one click to the right of the word "lower" on the shaft.

This is pretty shoddy, because when you go lower, it is still not consistent, standard lower by .75 degree is indeed only one click to from standard.

You would think they would just mark the darn shaft, most people probably dont go through all the trouble I am and probably never figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

moparman426    27

Yes, it can be very confusing.  I have the booklets that came with my R9 and R11 and still assumed standard +.75 (or .5 depending on the adapter) was one click off of the labelled standard.  As the link provided shows, that is incorrect.  I was using mine at "UPRT LIE" which I thought was standard loft, just more upright, which also was wrong, (My driver static loft was 7.75 degrees at that setting) because it is actually one click counter-clockwise from "Higher" when looking at it from the shaft side of the hosel, and un-labelled.   I ended up making notes in a small notepad I keep in my bag for range sessions, using that chart from the link I provided further up.

Clear as mud, hey?

If you use a smartphone, bookmarking the tuner for visual reference may also be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

moparman426    27
Originally Posted by blue72ss

This video by Taylormade golf contradicts the tunetaylormade.com link, this video (by Taylormade) says you can adjust loft in half degree increments.

I dont know who to believe, Taylormade or Taylormade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxANBwHKdfA&feature;=related


The R9 adaptors are in half degree increments, for a total of 2 degrees change.  That's what came stock on my Supertri.  My R11 3 wood also has 0.5 degree increments, which is the same as the R9.  The R11s and RBZ are .75/1.5 degree.  The only difference between the R11s and RBZ adaptors is the color.  I actually use the RBZ adaptors on my replacement shafts for the Supertri, which can knock my 8.5 degrees all the way down to 7, or up to 10.  Clear?  Oh yes, almost forgot...  there are also TP and non-TP versions, but the only difference is the inside diameter for either .350 or .335 shaft tips.  Clearer still?

Also, that video was for the original R11, not the R11s and RBZ.  Same principal, just different degrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blue72ss    2
Originally Posted by moparman426

The R9 adaptors are in half degree increments, for a total of 2 degrees change.  That's what came stock on my Supertri.  My R11 3 wood also has 0.5 degree increments, which is the same as the R9.  The R11s and RBZ are .75/1.5 degree.  The only difference between the R11s and RBZ adaptors is the color.  I actually use the RBZ adaptors on my replacement shafts for the Supertri, which can knock my 8.5 degrees all the way down to 7, or up to 10.  Clear?  Oh yes, almost forgot...  there are also TP and non-TP versions, but the only difference is the inside diameter for either .350 or .355 shaft tips.  Clearer still?

The video I posted was of Taylormade stating that the R11 was in half degree increments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Posts

    • I play steel in my 4 and 6 hybrids (dont play a 5 at the moment). The 4 is TM burner with a OEM steel shaft but the 6 is one i built on the cheap as an experiment. Its an Acer XDS, fitted with an Appollo steel shaft. Its the cheapest one they do and its spot on. You can get the Appollo Shadow lite are Acculite for decent prices through Nordica golf 
    • It's not an informed opinion but I have tried a DG s300 in a 5 wood head and found that the overall weight was very heavy. I was able to get the swingweight down to d2 but the whole club felt like I was swinging a mallet. Since the DG SL is about 20grams lighter ( lower ball flight) or AWT ( Mid Ball flight) I would opt for either of these, bearing in mind that the shaft would have to be parallel tip hosel .370 to fit the Adams Pro .370. ( I could be wrong here but hopefully someone that knows more will pitch in )
    • Hiya All I've been Playing Golf for: 10 years - with a 5 year kid break My current handicap index or average score is: 18
      My typical ball flight is: pull/pull draw
      The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull draw Current swing thoughts are -Posture don't arch back and neck -Start backswing with right ass cheek -Just rotate on the way back, don't sway to the right -downswing - rotate body, rotate, rotate...ROTATE! -impact try to drive club face forward (impact bag feeling) not flip Not all at the same time, of course! Videos:      The hand signals show the ball flight on DTL. This is a 6I This is a selection of shots, I've not given you the highlights real. Shank happens once every 20-30 Push every 15-20 over draw every other shot.  
    • Probably this,   No specifically, but the overall confidence level is probably low.  
    • This I really agree with.  Really   As it happens I went for the trackman certified guy.  Thanks for the all the thoughts, At lot of them made a lot of sense. Not sure I really got an answer into the fundamental question -How do you know if the advice you are being given is just plain wrong? I, for one, don't want to waste a couple of months being shown the wrong path.  It's a difficult game and weeding out the good advice from the bad is tricky.  The best I've found is to look at how an instructor fixes a "problem"  If they talk about fixing the movements that lead up to the problem, the previous links in the chain, then they get more points.  If they just fix the problem without referring to anything else, then they lose points with me.   Thanks for the help all. Now to get to the range again!  
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Nevsteve
      Nevsteve
      (58 years old)
    2. Pab4141
      Pab4141
      (24 years old)
    3. rdpoffenberger
      rdpoffenberger
      (32 years old)
    4. stothemc
      stothemc
      (34 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon