IGNORED

Why do the steelers sucks so bad??

BenGolf19
Note: This thread is 4323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

i'm hard pressed to think of another athlete more undeservingly revered.  who do you have in mind?

Derek Jeter.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Motley01

I just fell out of my chair! LOL

You gotta admit, that was something special teebow did that day.

btw, that play was officially called "The Mile-High-Goodbye" by ESPN.

teebow is a boss; the definition of a player making his team, and others around him better.  i'm pretty sure i lost my voice cheering for denver that game.

classic polamalu:

teebow is a boss; the definition of a player making his team, and others around him better.

Seriously?  Tebow is more that definition of a player who is overhyped and overrated.  A player who gets all of the credit when his team wins and gets none of the blame when they lose.  Im looking forward to him getting exposed when the Jets give up on Sanchez and make him the starter.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Seriously?  Tebow is more that definition of a player who is overhyped and overrated.  A player who gets all of the credit when his team wins and gets none of the blame when they lose.  Im looking forward to him getting exposed when the Jets give up on Sanchez and make him the starter.

This is football.  It's not like comparing baseball players with Sabermetrics.  Two stats matter:  wins and loses.  It is impossible to argue the difference Teebow made last year - he took that team from the outhouse to the penthouse.  IIRC, in interviews, Teebow shouldered the burden solely when Denver lost, and gave praise to everyone else when they won.  The guy took more hate from the secular progressives in this country, and had to constantly answer media questions regarding if he is the QB of the future, or just for the moment.  The guy received zero credit; credit was constantly awarded to the defense, and Matt Prater.

• Administrator

This is football.  It's not like comparing baseball players with Sabermetrics.  Two stats matter:  wins and loses.  It is impossible to argue the difference Teebow made last year - he took that team from the outhouse to the penthouse.  IIRC, in interviews, Teebow shouldered the burden solely when Denver lost, and gave praise to everyone else when they won.  The guy took more hate from the secular progressives in this country, and had to constantly answer media questions regarding if he is the QB of the future, or just for the moment.  The guy received zero credit; credit was constantly awarded to the defense, and Matt Prater.

Yeah, numbers that small are difficult to fathom. The defense played better. And they still lost 4 of their last 5 games.

Since this thread's about the Steelers and not Tim Frickin' Tebow, here are some more "classic Polamalu":

Six time pro-bowler, 2010 defensive player of the year. Sure sucks to be over-rated like that!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

.                                 .

You know who else is overrated? Ray Lewis. I've seen him get trucked before as well.

LOL...what???  He got zero credit?  Really?  Im not sure which NFL you were watching but Tebow got ALL the credit and none of the blame.  Like I said, Im looking forward to Tebow being exposed for the overrated, no talent bum that he really is.  The New York media isnt going to coddle him like the media in Denver did.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

this is how you protect the goal line in a playoff game, right?

Congratulations. You found a single play!

Ray Lewis isn't the topic here either.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

*inserts confused gif*

Originally Posted by iacas

Congratulations. You found a single play!

i'm confused?

phew, i thought i was the only one.  it looks like warren sapp agrees too...but then again, what does he know about the NFL and playing defense.

I'm a big Polamalu fan even though I am a Pats fan.  I think the Steelers struggled when he was hurt and covered up how much he was injured last year.  the Steelers, as a team, were very beat up by the time the playoffs arrived otherwise they would have beat Denver easily.  Health is a huge factor in the playoffs.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

phew, i thought i was the only one.  it looks like warren sapp agrees too...but then again, what does he know about the NFL and playing defense.

That video doesn't support your case like you think it does. I think someone could make a better case that Sapp was overrated than Troy. You haven't proven your case, and you won't be able to overcome the staggering pile of evidence against you. But thanks for trying.

P.S. Troy isn't the reason "the Steelers suck so bad." They don't suck, but they do under-perform a bit. But hey, I'm hard on them. We expect to win the SB every year. ;)

Originally Posted by iacas

And sorry, you haven't proven your case, and you won't be able to overcome the staggering pile of evidence against you. But thanks for trying.

Haha!  I thought you agreed that he was " Over-rated "...hmph.

"Staggering pile of evidence"...was that the same evidence used that caused your sudden change of heart?  What size are those John Kerry flip-flops you have on anyway?

• Administrator

Haha!  I thought you agreed that he was "Over-rated"...hmph.

You said " the single most overrated pro athlete in existence; past or present." I did not agree to that. Please learn to read. Thank you.

Ravens fan here.  Love the thread title.  Fantastic stuff.

My only thoughts are, perhaps the rotund people of Pittsburgh ought to stop putting french fries on their sandwiches.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

• Administrator

???

Once again, I suggest you learn to read. The debate is not that someone might be slightly over-rated. You said the single most over-rated player of all time.

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

My only thoughts are, perhaps the rotund people of Pittsburgh ought to stop putting french fries on their sandwiches.

Says the fan of a team who wears purple and, well, exists in Baltimore, MD.

Note: This thread is 4323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!