IGNORED

Cheap Laser Rangefinders?

Note: This thread is 4533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to get a laser range finder mostly to use at the driving range.  My goal is to determine the exact yardages for each of my clubs, which is hard to do when shooting at greens marked 110, 150, 175, etc. (and perhaps inaccurately marked).  I'm happy with the GPS app on my phone so I don't plan to use it for anything else.

I really don't know what features people generally look for in rangefinders or what makes one better than another.  I'm just looking for something that can be accurate under 200 yards.  Ideally, I would like to be able to measure the distance between two points, i.e., my target and my ball (distances to each from me wouldn't consider right and left).  I don't know if that's even something laser rangefinders can do.

So I'm looking to buy the cheapest laser rangefinder I can find that will suit these purposes.  The cheapest I see on ebay is a Bushnell yardage pro 400 for about $100 shipped.

Any advice about that model or any others?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

I found a little website that sales golf range finders might have something there in your price range,  I think it is a good idea to know how far you hit each club, can make a huge difference in your game.  I had to get a range finder cause on of my local coursed the gps app did not work out there, I find it easy to use and when I forget to charge my phone I use it on other course.  See if you can find what your are looking for here http://www.piriltilimited.com/Golf-Range-Finders-c2.html

I recently bought a Bushnell medalist and have used it during a couple rounds. I'm happy with it. It picks up the flag sticks quickly and seems to be accurate.

Note: This thread is 4533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!