IGNORED

Golf Photography Commission

AndrewBrooks
Note: This thread is 4380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but just wanted to share some new photographs I've taken of a Uk Golf Course.  The Mere is near to Manchester and I was lucky enough to get to photograph it over 4 seasons to create bespoke wall art for the club house.

Please take a look at the work here and let me know what you think.

Sorry, but I would rank them pretty poorly compared with others I've seen on this site.

The actual photography is pretty good, but half of those pictures you can't even tell are taken on golf courses. The other half show a course that looks poorly maintained/closed.

You should pay to walk a nice course in your area and take more pictures of the hole features instead of just the flora, or a combination of the two.

Nice work, Andrew. I like them.

I've never been out on a course at dawn. It has to be magically different with the mist coming off the ponds, like when I hit a lake for fishing and watch the sun come up.

The photos are nice. But, you should be focusing on the course itself. The second photo is great, but it needs more green. You have an eye, now just look at the course.

Thanks for sharing, though. I like em.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Agreed, from a photography standpoint they are good but from a subject standpoint they are lacking since they do not really have any focus on the golf course itself.  The photos should show the course in a way as to lure players to the course; pictures of mostly trees and a rake will not accomplish that.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by DocWu1948

Nice work, Andrew. I like them.

I've never been out on a course at dawn. It has to be magically different with the mist coming off the ponds, like when I hit a lake for fishing and watch the sun come up.

When I opened as a starter at my old course, we let people golf even before the sun comes up.  So, I would be there too, and it is definitely magical to see the morning dew rise as the sun peeks through the trees.  Watching the PGA tour on tv, the stations usually show a shot of the morning dew rise with the sun.

I think the best way to get great photos of golf courses is to become a serious golfer, and take the pictures of what you think the beauty is in golf.  Im not saying the photos were poor, they were good!

My favorite photo is a guy carrying his bag as he walks towards the sun peeking through the trees with the morning mist surrounding everything.  The picture shows the golf hole, as well as the golfer and just captures the moment very well.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf course photography needs to be taken from the perspective of a golfer. They shot focus on shots the golfer faces. For example: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/250295/width/640/height/267][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/250295/width/640/height/267[/IMG][/URL]

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I meant they should focus on shots the golfer faces. You seem to have looked for what you see as interesting views - some of which could be in any park or on any golf course.

At least you have resisted the temptation to avoid your favourite Dutch Tilt in the golf course photos.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 4380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!