IGNORED

Cleveland Browns

Spyder
Note: This thread is 4127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

So who is going to be the next coach and GM of the Browns?  Rumors are already going around about Haslam having interest in Nick Saban.  Who else could be the guy?  John Gruden?  Bill Cowher?  Anyone else??

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

So who is going to be the next coach and GM of the Browns?  Rumors are already going around about Haslam having interest in Nick Saban.  Who else could be the guy?  John Gruden?  Bill Cowher?  Anyone else??

Not a Browns fan, but man for your sake I sure hope that you don't consider Saban.  Remember how well that experiment turned out in Miami?

Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher (and Jeff Fisher last off-season) have all been on my short list for the next Chargers coach ... which should have happened 3 years ago.  And two years ago.  And last year.  And now.  And don't even get me started on the firing of Marty Shottenheimer after that "dismal" 14-2 season.

But this ain't an SD thread so I digress ... back to the Browns.

• Administrator

Anyone who gets Bill Cowher, you've been warned. Good luck to you. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Cowher & Chucky get trotted out whenever there's a vacancy. Gruden is interesting given he's from Sandusky, as is Cowher since he both played for and coached for the Browns, but I highly doubt either. So who will replace The Laminated Play Sheet as Browns HC?

Well let's see -

Joe Banner: Philly guy

Tom Heckert: Philly guy

Therefore the next Browns head coach will be -

Andy Reid. Philly trifecta.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Spyder

If Andy Reid is ever considered, I will disown the Browns.

Start the disownment then. Cuz I'm sure he will at least be considered. Just stands to reason with Banner & Heckert in the house.

But explain your disdain for him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Originally Posted by zipazoid

Oh yeah. Cle 20 Pit 14.

I know I know...third string QB & RB. Eight turnovers. The excuses are already coming out.

Cle 20

Pit 14

So that's how many wins in the past decade or so, again?

I'm happy for you that the Browns won one of their two Super Bowls. Maybe a few Browns wins can renew the rivalry. More than likely the game was a fluke and they'll go right back to sucking again and for years to come.

There are no excuses. But your team's gotta be pretty lousy when you're given eight turnovers and still barely win (and might have lost had the Browns fumble been ruled properly at the end - but probably not, Batch would have just thrown another INT or something).

Congrats on your Brownie Super Bowl victory! When's the ticker tape parade? If it's 2 hours from now or later I can attend and take some photos for you!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm happy for you that the Browns won one of their two Super Bowls. Maybe a few Browns wins can renew the rivalry. More than likely the game was a fluke and they'll go right back to sucking again and for years to come.

There are no excuses. But your team's gotta be pretty lousy when you're given eight turnovers and still barely win (and might have lost had the Browns fumble been ruled properly at the end - but probably not, Batch would have just thrown another INT or something).

Congrats on your Brownie Super Bowl victory! When's the ticker tape parade? If it's 2 hours from now or later I can attend and take some photos for you!

All I read was... GO BROWNS!!!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by iacas

Erik, if I were you I would worry less about the Browns' future and more about your team's.

LOL...you gotta love it when Browns fans are excited about beating an old, worn-out team with no QB who turns the ball over 7 times and still BARELY won the game, BTW.  These are the same people who are proud of an undefeated season in a year where it doesnt mean a thing and honor a coach who screwed them over by running and covering up a dirty program and cost them a chance to play for the BCS Championship.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

Erik, if I were you I would worry less about the Browns' future and more about your team's.

Your mistake is assuming I'm worried about the future of either. It's just football.

Fair enough. I just figured someone who is as much of a fan of the Steelers would be concerned that they're getting old and falling apart. Good to know you're not letting that bother you.

Far as Browns fans excited, nah. We knew we beat a beat-up team. It's just one step in the process. Having said that, it's always good to beat the Steelers.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Originally Posted by zipazoid

Fair enough. I just figured someone who is as much of a fan of the Steelers would be concerned that they're getting old and falling apart. Good to know you're not letting that bother you.

They've always been old and falling apart. I'm fairly certain Lebeau (who should have retired years ago) is a skeleton at this point leading the army of the undead or nearly dead. That would explain why they're so brittle.

Far as Browns fans excited, nah. We knew we beat a beat-up team. It's just one step in the process. Having said that, it's always good to beat the Steelers.

Id be much more worried about the Browns than the Steelers.  The Steelers are a storied franchise who have proven they can win year after year after year.  The Browns?  Whens the last time they were even relevant after September?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Id be much more worried about the Browns than the Steelers.  The Steelers are a storied franchise who have proven they can win year after year after year.  The Browns?  Whens the last time they were even relevant after September?

Answering your question is irrelevant because you're talking about the past. I'm talking about the future.

Going from 'veteran' to 'old' happens real quick in this league; like in one offseason. What Pitts has done better than any other team is draft well & let players go before they start declining due to well, drafting well. They've had players waiting in the wings ready to step in & not miss a beat. I don't see that continuity now. Who's stepping in for Polamalu? Ben? Mendenhall?

In the meantime, in the past couple of years the Browns have had good drafts - Haden, Ward, Richardson, Schwartz, Taylor, Weeden, Gordon, Little. They're the 2nd-youngest team in the league.

Basically, you have two lines on a graph that are moving in opposite directions. It's just a matter of time before they intersect.

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

LOL...you gotta love it when Browns fans are excited about beating an old, worn-out team with no QB who turns the ball over 7 times and still BARELY won the game, BTW.  These are the same people who are proud of an undefeated season in a year where it doesnt mean a thing and honor a coach who screwed them over by running and covering up a dirty program and cost them a chance to play for the BCS Championship.

The Steelers have been beating up on the Browns, aka a team with 'no QB' for the last decade.  Let us enjoy a win.

Oh, and I hope Wisconsin kicks some tail this weekend in the Big Ten championship that you guys backed into.

Note: This thread is 4127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!