IGNORED

Playing as a single & awkward stories from who you got paired with

sflemon
Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It would have never come to that for me.....

I would have politely let the man and his girlfriend know that I was hitting away and playing through because I was making the turn.  I'd also let them know where they can find the first tee as a courtesy.   I guarantee I would have played through them without incident..........before they ever left 10tee.  It would have been a non issue.  It's all about how you handle the situation.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

It would have never come to that for me.....

I would have politely let the man and his girlfriend know that I was hitting away and playing through because I was making the turn.  I'd also let them know where they can find the first tee as a courtesy.   I guarantee I would have played through them without incident..........before they ever left 10tee.  It would have been a non issue.  It's all about how you handle the situation.

Yeah okay. You forcing yourself through would have resulted in no incident, but me reminding him of the rules was somehow not the correct approach.

Read my post again - I first established that he was starting his round on 10. I then explained he didn't have right-of-way since I was making the turn. He responded by ignoring me & driving away.

So I'm curious - at exactly at what point would you have 'politely' played through & assured no incident?

I handled it just fine. He was an a-hole.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Yeah okay. You forcing yourself through would have resulted in no incident, but me reminding him of the rules was somehow not the correct approach.

Read my post again - I first established that he was starting his round on 10. I then explained he didn't have right-of-way since I was making the turn. He responded by ignoring me & driving away.

So I'm curious - at exactly at what point would you have 'politely' played through & assured no incident?

Had they already teed off when you arrived?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Had they already teed off when you arrived?

Brandon

Yes. He was walking back to the cart when I arrived at the tee. She was just along for the ride - which I think emboldened him. It became a macho thing to him.

You know when you come to a tee & you know the group on the tee cut in front of you? I gave it a moment for him to acknowledge my presence, for him to let me through. When that didn't happen, I spoke up. I mean, he was putting his headcover back on & heading to the driver's seat when I then spoke up.

Hey, I gave him two chances - to allow me through which he didn't do. I then felt compelled to tell him the rules. He ignored me.

Far as I'm concerned he deserved to be hit into. You wanna cut in front of me & be a dick about it? I can roll like that too.

Yes. He was walking back to the cart when I arrived at the tee. She was just along for the ride - which I think emboldened him. It became a macho thing to him.

You know when you come to a tee & you know the group on the tee cut in front of you? I gave it a moment for him to acknowledge my presence, for him to let me through. When that didn't happen, I spoke up. I mean, he was putting his headcover back on & heading to the driver's seat when I then spoke up.

Hey, I gave him two chances - to allow me through which he didn't do. I then felt compelled to tell him the rules. He ignored me.

Far as I'm concerned he deserved to be hit into. You wanna cut in front of me & be a dick about it? I can roll like that too.

You could have handled it a lot better. Like getting him thrown off the course by the marshall or something. Or maybe just dealing with it since they teed off first. If they were being slow, learn to whistle really loud with your fingers and do it in his backswing or something. It's still a dickish thing to do but it's a lot funnier and less dangerous than assault. Hitting into someone is the douchiest of all golf shots and has resulted in injuries and fistfights in the past. You have not only professed to doing this numerous times but you seem to be proud of it. Stop acting like a 7 year old girl and get the course staff involved if he wouldn't listen to you.

• Upvote 2

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

You could have handled it a lot better. Like getting him thrown off the course by the marshall or something. Or maybe just dealing with it since they teed off first. If they were being slow, learn to whistle really loud with your fingers and do it in his backswing or something. It's still a dickish thing to do but it's a lot funnier and less dangerous than assault. Hitting into someone is the douchiest of all golf shots and has resulted in injuries and fistfights in the past. You have not only professed to doing this numerous times but you seem to be proud of it. Stop acting like a 7 year old girl and get the course staff involved if he wouldn't listen to you.

Dude, you've never played Casselberry. There are no marshals. It's a POS muni.

And I disagree with you - the dickiest thing to do is what he did - blatantly cutting in front of someone & being an ass about it.

Anyway, glad to hear you're constructed of superior moral fiber & would never think of hitting into someone. The way I look at it, he wanted in front of me, he got what he wanted. Oh, my drive was a little close? Gosh I'm sorry about that. There's an easy fix. Let me though, like you were supposed to do. You'll have to trust me (which I'm sure you won't) that I can control my drives well enough to get people's attention without sending a ProV1 upside their cranium.

Anyone else wanna take their shot? I'm here all week.

The way I look at it, he wanted in front of me, he got what he wanted.

The way I look at it, if he decided to head back to the tee and beat the living crap out of you, or if you hit him or his girlfriend and he sued you or called the cops, or pulled a gun on you (and yes that has happened several times), you'd be getting the trouble you're asking for. His playing on was a breach of etiquette, but your hitting into him was a much bigger breach of etiquette. Luckily he was mature enough not to cause a scene like you did. I guess in Florida you have lower standards for behavior if that's considered appropriate.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

In my 33 years Anyone i have encountered who is anti-gay marriage is a homophobe. They are a lot of other things I won't say too, because I was raised better than that :)

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Dude, you've never played Casselberry. There are no marshals. It's a POS muni.

And I disagree with you - the dickiest thing to do is what he did - blatantly cutting in front of someone & being an ass about it.

Anyway, glad to hear you're constructed of superior moral fiber & would never think of hitting into someone. The way I look at it, he wanted in front of me, he got what he wanted. Oh, my drive was a little close? Gosh I'm sorry about that. There's an easy fix. Let me though, like you were supposed to do. You'll have to trust me (which I'm sure you won't) that I can control my drives well enough to get people's attention without sending a ProV1 upside their cranium.

Anyone else wanna take their shot? I'm here all week.

Sure, I'll take a shot.  (Keep in mind though, that a lot of us that have opinions here are people expressing their feelings about what you did, not who you are, so don't take it too personally)

I think since the guy had already teed off, the best thing to do would have been nothing ... unless and until you find out he's a slow player.  If he's not, you never see him again, everybody enjoys their round and goes home happy.  If you do catch him, then ask him if you could play through, and not until he says no do you even need to bring up the fact that he cut you off.  (At that point you've expressed patience with him, and let him be the jerk first, then you'd have the right to go off on him)

The other option would be to, heaven forbid, ask him if you could join him.  You might even make a new friend.

That's my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by wolfsburg2

In my 33 years Anyone i have encountered who is anti-gay marriage is a homophobe. They are a lot of other things I won't say too, because I was raised better than that :)

Huh?  Is that a response to something on this thread?  You should quote the post you are referring to because on its own it looks completely out of left field.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Huh?  Is that a response to something on this thread?  You should quote the post you are referring to because on its own it looks completely out of left field.

Lol, The very first post in this thread mentions such a rant :)

Originally Posted by Eleven

OK, got it.  He was probably responding to Harmonius' response to OP.  Still would be a lot easier with the quote attached.

Speaking of rants ... my Padres suck!!!  That's all.

A couple of weeks back I was a single at Casselberry GC, a piece of crap muni near my home. First tee is quite a distance from the clubhouse but the 10th tee is right next to it - I think some time in the past they reversed the nines. Anyway, I play the front and breezed thru it with nobody in front of me & wouldn't you know - I get to 10 tee & there's a guy on the tee with his girlfriend in the cart.

So I say to the guy 'Are you just starting your round?' He said yes and I said, 'I'm coming off nine so I have priority'. He looked at me like I was from Mars. I elaborated, 'Groups coming off the front nine have priority over anyone starting their round on 10.' He said 'Oh really' then got in his cart and took off, didn't let me play through.

I spent the rest of that nine making sure my drives were landing about 20 feet behind him. At one point he glared back at me & I just gave him the palms-up shoulder shrug like, 'that's what you get for jumping in front of me dude.'

After, asking and then telling you to stop, I probably would have pulled out a 4 iron and sent the ball back your way.

• Upvote 1

I handled it just fine. He was an a-hole.

What you say doesn't matter.....it's how you say it.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

By far most of my encounters with joining a group have been positive experiences

...and I'm sure that somebody feels they got stuck with me.

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post

OK, got it.  He was probably responding to Harmonius' response to OP.  Still would be a lot easier with the quote attached.

Speaking of rants ... my Padres suck!!!  That's all.

Tapatalking on my iPhone. Sorry.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by jtw89

After, asking and then telling you to stop, I probably would have pulled out a 4 iron and sent the ball back your way.

I completely agree.  Being rude, and not understanding/displaying proper etiquette is one thing.  Hitting balls in the direction of another player within your range, with or without the intention of harming the person, should never happen.  He might have made the bad situation, but deciding to take it to the next level like that is not the right way to do things.

Thats impolite and dangerous. Just through it in the woods so he has to spend 5 mins looking for it.

Originally Posted by jtw89

Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!