IGNORED

The Games We Play

marto97
Note: This thread is 6182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, I would like to know what kinds of games everyone likes to play on the course, and what do you wager? So much per hole or per stroke. What do you like to play?

Myself, our foursome mostly plays skins and the skins are 25 cents each, plus we play double for birds ans KP's also. it's not high stakes by any means, but it still keeps you focused on your game.

The guys I play with back home are a little more adventurous and sometimes we play for $5 a hole. That's way too rich for my new foursome(just joined this year)
My favorite games are Vegas for 10 cents a stroke, and wolf for a $1 ea per hole.

Usually we play a Scotch game. .50 per point. 1-low ball, 1-low total, 1-proxi, 1-putts, 1-birdie and 1-sandy.

Vegas is fun as well.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Most often, my buddies play a 10 dollar nassau on the front and back (I always seem to lose by one stroke which is why I haven't paid up recently). Sometimes, we'll bet each other a dollar on the longest drive for each hole, the key being the ball has to be in the fairway.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My friend and I usually play stroke play but if you do certain things while playing you get money for it, it's our Birdie Bucks system with certain amounts of money depending on what it is that you do... hitting the pin, making a sandy, etc.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

I usually play battle golf with my buddies.. (win the hole take out a club from your buddies bag and they cant use it)

i sometimes play skins on the par 3's 50cents per hole.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

$1 a hole skins if i just play with my buddy, with birdies paying double, eagles triple, and with $5,5,5 for front/nack/total scores.

If I'm playing Publinx, we usually do $20 in a skins pot, and $5 in a pot for medal.

Publinx is a good skin game, as theres 15-20 scratch or so golfers in each match + a $20 a man skins game at the end of the year tournament with 100+ publinxers.

On Memorial Day I played in a outting with $25 skins, $10 to a birdie pot which paid out for every birdie made, and $15 to a straight skins game. There where 60ish players, altho most were high handicappers.

In My Bag:
905T 9.5* w/Graffalloy Blue - D8
Maltby Trouble Out 13* 3+-Wood w/ Aldila NV - D4
HALO 1 Hybrid w/S400 Steel - D4
Maltby M-05 Forged 3-PW w/ Rifle 6.5 - D4 Vokey Oil Can 52* 56* 588 RTG DSG Bioniks Rl 209 Putter (400 grams) E5+

I won't play money golf with my friends -- they all cheat too much.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

What ever we play its usually for $1 a hole. Usually its skins with the PGA set up where you have to Verify the next hole with at least tying the top score. Usually makes it interesting.

I want to play Vegas with them but the problem is for our typical 4 some there are 3 good golfers and 1 terrible golfer.

Also while waiting on the tee box we play a game called poison. What you do for the game is use the tee box markers as your targets. You use the club your going to tee of on that hole and you try to hit to the far tee marker. Then the next person goes. And you go in order always. If you hit the tee marker you hit again. After you hit both tee markers you have to hit another players ball and your the winner. Its a fun game while you wait on the tee.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

What ever we play its usually for $1 a hole. Usually its skins with the PGA set up where you have to Verify the next hole with at least tying the top score. Usually makes it interesting.

When we play Vegas, if we have one player not as good as the rest we change partners every 6 holes, that way everyone has to play with him. Also we've used our handicaps, and this will even it out.

When we play Vegas, if we have one player not as good as the rest we change partners every 6 holes, that way everyone has to play with him. Also we've used our handicaps, and this will even it out.

None of us have a true handicap. We know what it would be around but nothing set.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

We always used to play a $1 Nassau with .25 junk (birdies, greenies, sandies, chippies). I would have preferred more but I used to play with some older guys who did not like to do that. Money always went in for the beer regardless.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

99% of the time we play for fun, other times we play a buck per hole, par or better wins. No one ever pays

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

We play a pretty wide variety of games.

We'll play Wolf for .25 a point-birdies double-eagles triple, .25 Roll Em, occasionally we'll do skins, and we always always have a $ snake out there. Depending on how many and who it is the $ of the snake varies. That's the worst to get stuck with. Very little Vegas as of yet, we're starting to get into that though.

We used to get into a deal where nobody payed up but now we're always settling up at the end, why else play the games if you aren't settling up!?
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Note: This thread is 6182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!