IGNORED

What would be your ideal ball flight?

golfaddiction
Note: This thread is 4359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could choose any, what would be your ideal stock shot?

• High Fade
    • High Draw
    • Mid Fade
    • Mid Draw
    • Low Fade
    • Low Draw

If you aim at the flag, any curve and your ball is getting further away from the flag. Very hard to hit it close that way.

That is why you need a predictable ball flight. If you hit 50% draws and 50% fades, without being able to control which shot comes out, you're probably better off aiming for the flag. If you do however have a predictable pattern, you can remove one side from play. Say I hit a draw 95% of the time, so I don't have to worry too much about going right. The ball draws a couple of yards in the air, so I aim on the right side of the green. If I hit one of those 95% shots, my ball will land on the green. If you miss it a bit both ways and hit it straight at the flag, there is no telling where you are going to miss it. Having a stock shot pattern makes it easier to get it close. Of course, if you hit it dead straight all the time you can aim at the flag.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a mid to high fade on almost every shot. I can take the left out of play and plan for the fade. If i need to draw it I can but it is only when neccesary. If the pin fits my shot shape ill go after it otherwise ill jut cut it into the middle of the green and putt it out.

I chose I high draw because its so darn pretty.  My standard shot is fairly straight and can draw if I want, however my natural miss is a slice which I hate!

I hit a slight fade now. I voted mid draw, it gets pretty windy in Nebraska. I also see a lot more dogleg right than left holes it seems, or maybe since I fade the ball I just remember them since I have to challenge the trouble on the inside and fade off it.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 4359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!