IGNORED

Are the NIKE NDS clubs any good?

Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm new to golfing and I found a person selling some Nike NDS clubs on craigslist.

Here is what he has for sale
Like new Mens Nike NDS golf set. 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 PW. Graphite shafts. Clubs are IMMACULATE!!!! Only been used a handfull of times. Pictures speak for themselves. Price is Negotiable.

He is asking $300 for the set, but he does say the price is negotiable. He is also selling a "Like New NIKE IGNITE 460 9.5 degree" for $50, and a NIKE bag for $60.

Should I make an offer for this stuff or try to get him to come down in price? I have a set of Golden Bear clubs my friend would like to buy off me, would it be worth selling those and buying this set? Here are some pictures of the clubs he is selling too.

Is my set good?

Since you're beginning to play golf, I don't think using any kind of irons would be a problem because the first step of learning to play golf, IMHO, is to build the fitness to be able to hold golf clubs throughout the whole swing process. I still remember myself not being able to keep my upper and lower body from moving just because the club was too heavy for me during the swing.

Now that you're able to control the club, it's time to actually shape your swing, rhythm, and tempo. These three things will greatly affect how well you hit the ball.

Probably the next step would be upgrading your current equipment, if you choose to. But if you're comfortable with your old stuff, keep using it until you feel they can't provide such as feel, forgiveness, etc. you later seek for. To some people, like me, you don't know what you're looking for until when you try few clubs and "bang" it hits you and all you say is, "this is it!" So, I suggest you to go to your local pro shop and demo some clubs. If you're confused of what clubs should you try, just ask around on this forum. This forum has tons of experienced players and can provide you inputs on what you should get, that way you can narrow down the demo list and it will save you time.

Hope this helps.

P.S: $300 for NDS is overpriced.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

• 2 weeks later...
I'm new to the golf world and this site. I'm currently hitting some very old wilson prostaff "jumbo sweet spot". I'm hitting them fairly well, but would like to upgrade to take advantage of the newer technology.

I have read some good things about the nds series and have also been keeping my eyes open for some that come up used at all the local shops. I know they're discontinued, so it will be a little harder to find them.

Now to the question: What have you guys heard or seen of the NDS irons. Are they good for a beginner? Worth the money? If not, what else do you guys recommend for a high handicap golfer? Or should I just wait until I've exhausted the life out of my "Hand-me-downs" (wich won't be much longer). Also, if I decide to get these clubs or any others, what are some good websites to order from? Thanks in advance for any help, I tried to search on here for it, but couldn't find much. Thanks again,

Flux
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

I'm new to the golf world and this site. I'm currently hitting some very old wilson prostaff "jumbo sweet spot". I'm hitting them fairly well, but would like to upgrade to take advantage of the newer technology.

I had some Wilson irons as my beginner clubs as well. Mine came full set with the driver which was very difficult to hit, 3, 5, 7 woods, 3-SW irons and a putter.

Anyway to answer your questions, I think you should try some clubs at your local pro shop and look for that chemistry between you and the clubs. To start with it depends on how much you're willing to spend on golf clubs. If your Wilson clubs came full set like mine, note that (more often than not) better clubs come separately so you have to dig more money from your pocket. Keep in mind the maximum clubs allowed to be in your bag is 14 including the putter. So pretty much you know how much you'll be spending for a set. Frankly, Nike isn't the top club maker in the world of golf. In other sports such as basketball, yes they probably make the best shoes, but again not in golf. So, if you are open to other brands, I'd suggest you try them all. If you have extra money to burn, try game improvement irons such as Mizuno MX-19 or MX-25 (I read a lot of good reviews on MX-25) or find pre-owned Callaway Fusion, which I've been using for almost a year. For more forgiveness, try the Fusion Wide Sole or Big Bertha, but they're really bulky though. Or probably Ping G5, etc. You know, there are more irons out there I could recommend to you, but preferences are to one's own. So again, try them out until it "clicks" and works out for you. A very good website to find golf clubs is eBay. The others are EdwinWatts, GolfSmith, Dick's Sporting Goods, or even your local pro shop. The difference is retail stores offer you good quality service for the extra money. You can ask for their help to choose the right clubs for you and sometimes they give you free club fitting and extra stuff. They even will give you good advice for whatever golf related problems you might have. The interaction that's the good quality service. But if you don't mind all of that and all you think of is price, then go eBay. Hope that helps.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

A friend of mine has them (Nike NDS irons) and he loves them...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Thanks for all the help. For the past year I've been a die hard Callaway fan, but as money gets tighter, I've become more realistic with what i can afford to upgrade to. Although, i did find a couple sets of the '04 Big Bertha's at a reasonable price at tgw.com

Thanks again for the advice, and I'll keep my eyes open for some good clubs. (I'm gonna demo some drivers at the range tonight!)

Flux
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

These irons have a pretty good rating on Golf Review:

http://www.golfreview.com/cat/irons/...3_2940crx.aspx

No idea if the price is good or not.

--Will
In my bag:

Driver: Launcher 460Ti 10.5° ProLaunch R Flex
Woods: Launcher 3 wood 15°, Old Golfsmith 5 and 7 woods I built
Irons: Big Bertha X-12 Irons 3-PWedge: 588 Gunmetal Sand Wedge 56°Putter: B60i putter

Thanks for all the help. For the past year I've been a die hard Callaway fan, but as money gets tighter, I've become more realistic with what i can afford to upgrade to. Although, i did find a couple sets of the '04 Big Bertha's at a reasonable price at tgw.com

I have Clevland Launcher LP - brand new only $300. They aren't the best irons ever made for sure, but for the price they are awesome. My dad has the Taylor Made RAC's and he paid 450 for his and I paid 300 for my Clevelands, and they are very very comparable.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• 5 years later...

I bought a set of NDS Irons 3 year ago and not regretted it. I hit them very well my recommendation to you is buy them. I have the entire set 2 - LW. try them if you dont like them resell them.......Pat

Offer him 300 w/ the driver.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Offer him 300 w/ the driver.

The original post is over 5 years old, LOL! :-P

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!