IGNORED

I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)

FutureTourPro
Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

You don't have to be delusional to realize that "you can be anything you want to be in life" is bullshit.

A slow, short 40-year-old who can't jump just isn't going to become a star center in the NBA.

Really depends on what you mean by bullshit. It's hard to disagree that such ideas are unrealistic. It's also hard to agree that such ideas are impossible to happen. Highly unrealistic, extremely far-fetched, highly improbable, yes yes yes. Impossible, not as a matter of fact.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Really depends on what you mean by bullshit. It's hard to disagree that such ideas are unrealistic. It's also hard to agree that such ideas are impossible to happen. Highly unrealistic, extremely far-fetched, highly improbable, yes yes yes. Impossible, not as a matter of fact.

+1

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

I don't understand the screenshot that shows 20 rounds posted in three days.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I don't understand the screenshot that shows 20 rounds posted in three days.

Even if they are true, the dude averages about 77 on a goat track.  He'd need to be 10 shots lower for his boast to not be laughable.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Should we make a list of people who have beaten overwhelming odds in the pursuit of their goals?

Should we make a list of those who have not? If hard copy, there is not enough paper in the world, if electronic, you would need a supercomputer.

dak4n6

Practice and hard work is vital. BUT.

You also need to have an edge. When I used to day-trade, that's what you needed to put yourself just marginally above everyone else. Michael Phelphs won one of his gold medals by 1/100th of a second. Experiment and be creative. That's the approach I took, and I went from shooting 99 to breaking 80 in 3 months.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Dates are MONTH/YEAR, not individual days.

Thanks - I forgot that you guys put the month first.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I can't help but feel like everyone responding with disdain to this poster is wallowing in their self-regret that it isn't them with those high hopes and dreams anymore; like the guy who swears off women because he kept getting rejected, telling strangers not to bother approaching the woman across the room because "you'll never make it, believe you me".

Originally Posted by lostmyballs

I can't help but feel like everyone responding with disdain to this poster is wallowing in their self-regret that it isn't them with those high hopes and dreams anymore; like the guy who swears off women because he kept getting rejected, telling strangers not to bother approaching the woman across the room because "you'll never make it, believe you me".

Ask yourself, what is the purpose of this thread?  It's titled "I will become a tour professional!"  Why would a serious/non-troll post something like this?  Now I think you have the real answer for our disdain.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

i have to agree with the guy above me. this isn't bitter guys getting upset with a kid having high dreams, this is regular guys getting annoyed with a kid who might not even be as good as his handicap implies throwing his "dreams" around as facts and anyone that disagrees is just a hater.

he has a lot more than just this site where he's doing this as well.

if i went on NBA.com and created a thread about how i am getting to the NBA and no one can stop, then made up my abilities, lied about my stats, and refused to play if someone challenged me to a game, i would be criticized as well. and rightfully so.

and a better analogy of the OP is the guy who you've never seen pick up a woman in your life tell you that he goes home with a girl every night, but when you ask him to pick up a girl he says "no, she's not my type."

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by walk18

I've seen a 4 hc shoot 90 in a tournament. I've also seen a 1 shoot 85. Its entirely possible. Just goes to show you how much better than that the pros are.

Quote:

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I think we can all agree that you are the authority on who is and who is not delusional.

I hope you live a blissful life. If you don't, I hope you don't ever complain about it. It's always those with your attitude that - as seen by your your crappy remarks to the OP in this thread - try to bring down others who dare to aim high, while at the same time complaining that their life is "meh, but that's just how life is." That's just a shit way to live.

I'll gladly take delusional over that. Hopefully, you have a great life. From experience, you would be one of the very few that has that attitude AND lives a great life.

I never said you shouldn't have goals or aim high, all I said it is unrealistic to believe we can be anything we want to be and in some ways it's not fair to encourage this believe in others. At some point they just have to be told, look you can't sing or be a brain surgeon or play golf. You don't have the necessary skills.

As it happens you're correct I never complain about my life and I did aim high, but I was realsitic in what I knew I could achieve. I knew my skills and my limitations. My life isn't "meh" it's pretty cool actually and I have been very succesfull in my career. I like people who aim high, but I like it better when they shut up about it and just do it. The problem with the OP and others like him is that all they do is tell you that they are going to be the next big whatever, but never actually do anything about it and then expect the world to owe them a living or feel sorry for them. I'm sorry if I can't be more encouraging to the OP, but I feel he would be better served by being given a dose of reality. He is not going to be a pro golfer.

Originally Posted by iacas

You don't have to be delusional to realize that "you can be anything you want to be in life" is bullshit.

A slow, short 40-year-old who can't jump just isn't going to become a star center in the NBA.

You can dream without such an incredible disregard for reality that you cease to exist in the same mental universe as everyone else.

I think this was the point I was trying to make.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by tiger187126

i have to agree with the guy above me. this isn't bitter guys getting upset with a kid having high dreams, this is regular guys getting annoyed with a kid who might not even be as good as his handicap implies throwing his "dreams" around as facts and anyone that disagrees is just a hater.

if i went on NBA.com and created a thread about how i am getting to the NBA and no one can stop, then made up my abilities, lied about my stats, and refused to play if someone challenged me to a game, i would be criticized as well. and rightfully so.

and a better analogy of the OP is the guy who you've never seen pick up a woman in your life tell you that he goes home with a girl every night, but when you ask him to pick up a girl he says "no, she's not my type."

I'll play with anyone on here, and I am not making any of my stats up. If you are ever in Southern Idaho or ANYONE who will be in southern Idaho, lets play.

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

I'll play with anyone on here, and I am not making any of my stats up. If you are ever in Southern Idaho or ANYONE who will be in southern Idaho, lets play.

That's pretty brave considering you know that no one in idaho owns a set of clubs

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

That's pretty brave considering you know that no one in idaho owns a set of clubs

Hope you come over soon,

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

i'd bet money that if you played with someone on here you would shoot closer to 90 than 70.

and hey if you need people like me to help you get to the tour pro level, then you can thank me later.

and i've been wondering, are there any harder courses near you?

edit:

oh and do you have a speed monitor? i'd like to see what 115mph looks like with an amateur swinging.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger187126 View Post

If you want to be a tour pro, it's not really us you need to worry about beating. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!