IGNORED

The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread

Kapanda
Note: This thread is 3181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cheap shots won't win the fight for Anderson, Sonnen is too smart to risk losing his pay day during a weigh in.  It does show the slime Silva is to cheap shot someone while his posse is there to protect him from retaliation.

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

WOW!!!  Silva with the shoulder chin check!

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Cheap shots won't win the fight for Anderson, Sonnen is too smart to risk losing his pay day during a weigh in.  It does show the slime Silva is to cheap shot someone while his posse is there to protect him from retaliation.

i agree.  i was just shocked.  total lack of composure on silva's behalf.

Not to defend Silva, that was cheap, wrong, stupid, but you think he did it because he had backup??

Makes me glad to learn that I'm not the only one with a bias here.

Feel like putting some money down. I have never heard of any instance where antagonising the baddest kid on the block turned out to be a good idea!

I take my hat off to Chael though. I'm definitely a fan now. I absolutely love hard workers. He wasn't as good, but he went all in. I love that. That's a winner in my eyes.

It was a good fight.  Chael made a huge mistake with the spinning back fist.  It was also a very terribly executed strike.  Man that was really telegraphed and you can't telegraph those shots with Anderson.  He has seen those his whole life.  But with that being said, I think Sonnen wouldn't have been able to rely on the takedowns as much anymore.  Silva was stuffing them very well in the 2nd. It was just a matter of time after that.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I taped the PPV, was away this weekend so didn't get a chance to see it.  I did read that Chael controlled the first round, and in the 2nd round went for a spinning punch or elbow that Silva easily ducked and countered.  The death blow was a knee to the chest followed by numerous punches and kicks until the ref stepped in to stop it.  I'll watch it tonight.  I'm disappointed in the results, but not shocked given I've only seen Stoney Carter knock out Matt Serra with a spinning punch, the rest of the ones I've seen thrown miss and leave the guy who threw it in a vulnerable position.  I was happy to ready Sonnen showed proper respect to Silva after the loss which is what MMA is all about.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by TN94z

It was a good fight.  Chael made a huge mistake with the spinning back fist.  It was also a very terribly executed strike.  Man that was really telegraphed and you can't telegraph those shots with Anderson.  He has seen those his whole life.  But with that being said, I think Sonnen wouldn't have been able to rely on the takedowns as much anymore.  Silva was stuffing them very well in the 2nd. It was just a matter of time after that.

This... and it wasn't even so much throwing the spinning back fist but falling down is pretty much the end. If you fall on your own into that position with Silva you either catch a knee to the chest, get some mean G&P; or both. I thought Chael had things going his way and made a very stupid mistake but props to Silva for seizing the opportunity.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

If you watch very carefully, Silva tripped Sonned while he slipped the backfist.  His subtle counterattacks are really amazing to watch.  If you ever get a chance watch the switch he hit on Nate Marquart.

Originally Posted by pholmes

If you watch very carefully, Silva tripped Sonned while he slipped the backfist.  His subtle counterattacks are really amazing to watch.  If you ever get a chance watch the switch he hit on Nate Marquart.

That would've been cool, but he didn't

From bird's eye you can see that there is no tripping going on.

The whole card was strange to me.  Sonnen throwing a spinning backfist was really confusing.  Forrest running out of the cage and then coming back to take Joe's interview. Maia breaking Kim's rib with a take down.

I also feel that Silva holding the shorts should have had a point deducted from him.  Yves is a terrible ref.

If he did trip him that would have been cool but it was Chael taking a wild swing and losing his balance. I will give Silva credit for throwing the knee because if he is just slightly off the mark he loses a point or the match. Actually maybe Chael should have dropped his head into Silva's knee sure he would have been KO'd but Silva would have gotten DQ'd leaving Chael another quick turn around to fight him again. I'd love to see Stann get a shot soon granted I know he has almost no chance against Silva but he has a great story. I'm guessing Lombard, Munoz or Bisping are probably next in line with Munoz or Lombard being the front runners.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by BEAN

The whole card was strange to me.  Sonnen throwing a spinning backfist was really confusing.  Forrest running out of the cage and then coming back to take Joe's interview. Maia breaking Kim's rib with a take down.

I also feel that Silva holding the shorts should have had a point deducted from him.  Yves is a terrible ref.

I believe Dana went after Forrest so I imagine that conversation ended with "do you want to get paid". Yves is a terrible ref but that's normally because he stops fights to early.

Note: This thread is 3181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!