IGNORED

Tour edge exotics 11.5* 3++ wood

Note: This thread is 3463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish they made them in lefty because I would have dropped the driver long ago.  I still play the TEE CB1 15* and  I've just never hit anything like it. I heard that the Adams are really good and I'm sure that there are others but I just love how the TEE fairways perform.

I have the 15* and a stiff 5w on order, just fell in love with the exotics line when I demoed them!

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

Originally Posted by 2ironfrenzy

I have the 15* and a stiff 5w on order, just fell in love with the exotics line when I demoed them!

They are really good sticks for sure....I wish I could get the 11.5* in lefty and I would just drop the driver out the bag but such is the life for the lefties!

Bump from a long hitter, I constantly drive the ball in excess of 300 yards, and am wondering if this would be the perfect club for short public courses? I am constantly hitting my driver further than any designed carry even from the tips on some courses. I have to admit it is not always straight, but i string some very good shots together most of the time. I am wondering if this club would help me avoid that problem while also letting me hit the long par 5s in 2 which i can do with driver 3w or driver driver if i have a favorable lie....  I would basicly sub this club in for specific courses.

Hey now I wasn't the one who started it :). But in all honesty I have nothing against him, just don't like being called a liar...

I wasn't trying to call you a liar.  (I'm skeptical, considering most pros don't constantly drive in excess of 300 yards, but I'll take your word for it)  I was being a smart-ass, definitely, and for that I apologize if I offended, however, my point still stands.  Here's a better definition of what I took your post as ... "humblebrag."  Which means: Subtly letting others now about how fantastic your life is while undercutting it with a bit of self-effacing humor or "woe is me" gloss.

If you re-read the bold form your original post, I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

So, again, no need to buy yourself a 2-wood ... just hit 3 wood or 5 wood or hybrid or 2-iron on any holes where your driver will go too far.  That is the benefit of being a long hitter ... that you can afford to hit a shorter and STRAIGHTER club more often.

Anyways, welcome to the site.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

been looking at the XCG5 line -- at first for the 4w, but then the 13* 3w caught my eye, and now this 11.5* as a potential driver replacement.  like the OP, i cannot stand the 460cc driver heads and don't bag a driver because i can't get comfortable with any newer driver i have tried over the years.

if anyone has any insight on the 11.5* and 13* 3+ woods from TEE (differences if you've swung both, however subtle they may be), i would appreciate it as i look to narrow down that decision.  not sure i would hit it off the deck very often, but i might be tempted to give it a go on par 5s.

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

Bump from a long hitter, I constantly drive the ball in excess of 300 yards, and am wondering if this would be the perfect club for short public courses? I am constantly hitting my driver further than any designed carry even from the tips on some courses. I have to admit it is not always straight, but i string some very good shots together most of the time. I am wondering if this club would help me avoid that problem while also letting me hit the long par 5s in 2 which i can do with driver 3w or driver driver if i have a favorable lie....  I would basicly sub this club in for specific courses.

A person who "constantly" drives 300 + doesn't need to ask what he should hit if he wants to be shorter off the tee. How about ANY 3 or 5 wood or, as another said, your 2 iron.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• 1 year later...
I have issues with my impact positions currently. Ive been looking for a club that can help me on into the wind holes. Is this a club that fires the ball low. I know I need to fix my swing instead of buying a "bandaid" for my game. But I simply dont have time to hit the range anymore.

Note: This thread is 3463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!