IGNORED

Hello from North East Ohio!

Leebo
Note: This thread is 4405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello fellow Stand Trap members, I’ve been trolling you website the last few days and decided to take the plunge and join in. Played my first 18 last weekend, and considering I didn’t end up pulling a Tin Cup and break every club in the bag except a 7 iron, I think I’m going to keep playing this game. It gives me some quality time outside, competing with close friends, enjoy a few adult beverages and it’s a great excuse to get away from the wife. Just don’t tell her that. Someone how I managed to stay out of the water hazards only sent a handful of balls into the woods and still had a great time. I’m looking forward to seeing you guys & gals on The Sand Trap and maybe even on the course.

Lee

Great to have you.  If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome - I live in VA but spend a lot of time on the east side of Cleveland - Solon, Aurora and Hudson area.  Stick with the game - you'll find out what a true love/hate relationship feels like!

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Fore Left

I just joined myself.   I'm in Lakewood.   What course did you play?

I've been playing The Fairways at Twin Lakes in Kent. It's a nice 9 hole course that's reasonably priced.

Originally Posted by stealthduffer

Welcome - I live in VA but spend a lot of time on the east side of Cleveland - Solon, Aurora and Hudson area.  Stick with the game - you'll find out what a true love/hate relationship feels like!

Much agreed! I'm leaning more and more to the hate side right now however, my game is slowly improving. I grew up in the Hudson area and now live in the Falls.

Cuyahoga Falls! My hometown! (I say Akron cuz not too many people have heard of the Falls). CFHS Class of '76!

Welcome aboard...go play Brookledge. I aced the old #8 there when it was a 9-hole course back in the 70s. About where the 18th green is now.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Cuyahoga Falls! My hometown! (I say Akron cuz not too many people have heard of the Falls). CFHS Class of '76!

Welcome aboard...go play Brookledge. I aced the old #8 there when it was a 9-hole course back in the 70s. About where the 18th green is now.

Brookledge is right down the road from me! I go there to practice on the chipping green when I get some free time. I haven't played there yet, I need to since the city dropped 2 million in improvements!

Originally Posted by Leebo

Hello fellow Stand Trap members, I’ve been trolling you website the last few days and decided to take the plunge and join in. Played my first 18 last weekend, and considering I didn’t end up pulling a Tin Cup and break every club in the bag except a 7 iron, I think I’m going to keep playing this game. It gives me some quality time outside, competing with close friends, enjoy a few adult beverages and it’s a great excuse to get away from the wife. Just don’t tell her that. Someone how I managed to stay out of the water hazards only sent a handful of balls into the woods and still had a great time. I’m looking forward to seeing you guys & gals on The Sand Trap and maybe even on the course.

Lee

Welcome! I am also from the Akron/Canton area as well. Small world!

If your in the Cuyahoga Falls area and want to meet up at the Brookledge/Downview driving range shoot me a message. I'm usually available on Fridays.

If your in the Cuyahoga Falls area and want to meet up at the Brookledge/Downview driving range shoot me a message. I'm usually available on Fridays.

I am typically not in the area, but I work right around Lyndhurst. Friday's are my only day off though, but I typically go play Deerpass in Seville, Skyland in Hinckley, Pinebrook in Grafton, Dorlon in Valley City, Royal Crest in Strongsville, Ridgetop in Medina and Cherokee/Coppertop in Brunswick.

I don't think I've ever played anything North of Strongsville to be honest.

Brookledge is right down the road from me! I go there to practice on the chipping green when I get some free time. I haven't played there yet, I need to since the city dropped 2 million in improvements!

They did a fantastic job. I believe Arthur Hills did the redesign. Some really memorable holes - #3 is a drivable par 4 but you have to hit it laser-straight to an elevated green that falls off on all sides. #8 is a great long par 3, about 200y. #9 is a longish par 4 with the second shot over a creek up against the green - miss your drive & you're laying up. #11 is the old #1. #12 is a par 3 over a ravine. Great course.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!