IGNORED

Tom Cruise the Scientologist

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 4312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

^exactly, I know what you are saying but I prefer it as a game that you experience

"God" doesn't go so far, you do. Maybe your faith gives you strength to persevere or accomplish certain goals. You already stated you are having a tough time with your religion, maybe you should check into other possibilities.

Sure, game, test, trial...it all works.  Some people face tougher opposition in life, but perhaps their reward is greater in the end.  I believe it's true that God only gives you as much as you can handle.  A lot of people don't realize how strong they are or how far they can push themselves.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

"I believe it's true that God only gives you as much as you can handle"

I don't know that there is a "too much" for the spirit. Like I said, the physical realm can get as bad as ever but the spirit lives on. No one truly dies and nothing is "really bad", just people's chosen perception of acts or religious beliefs. All I know is that the more you go against the grain of humanity, the tough life is for you physically and mentally.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe you should shut your interweb mouth and we should just end the discussion... Okay? Ready?!?! 1........2....................3! DONE!

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

Maybe you should shut your interweb mouth and we should just end the discussion... Okay? Ready?!?! 1........2....................3! DONE!

I guess when someone challenges your beliefs and you have no answer to the challenge, it is best just to run away. It is called the "ostrich effect" or the "three monkeys".

dude.....dude.....I think that was a little inflammatory. Just as we were about to go off letting each other believe as we wish, YOU had to say that...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................haters are my motivators *runs away after kicking you in the shins.*

dude.....dude.....I think that was a little inflammatory. Just as we were about to go off letting each other believe as we wish, YOU had to say that...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................haters are my motivators *runs away after kicking you in the shins.*

Don't live a lie. Don't force belief on yourself. Trust me. Better to find answers than to blindly believe.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Don't live a lie. Don't force belief on yourself. Trust me. Better to find answers than to blindly believe.

I'm leaving for vacation pretty soon. You're pissing me off. You have no religion why try to get me to convert. **** off dude. I'm done.

I'm leaving for vacation pretty soon. You're pissing me off. You have no religion why try to get me to convert. **** off dude. I'm done.

Lol. That is awesome. I am not trying to convert you to anything except opening your mind. "**** off" is very christian of you. *click "unsubscribe" and have a great vacation, hope you get some golf in.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Why don't you two guys take to PM's.

What and leave 3wiggle out of the loop?

LOL...classic Domenic!

The hypocrisy of religion. No religion is free from it. It is truly the most fundamental flaw with religion.

Dom, when someone affronts you, you are told to offer them the other cheek, not to tell them to **** off. Right???

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

The hypocrisy of religion. No religion is free from it. It is truly the most fundamental flaw with religion.

Dom, when someone affronts you, you are told to offer them the other cheek, not to tell them to **** off. Right???

Nothing is free of hypocrisy.  Even Atheism.

Originally Posted by dak4n6

How so?

It's pretty self explanatory...   For instance, an Athiest that believes in superstistion.  Science can't prove that you need to throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it. :)

The last part of my comment was in jest, I'm sure you get the idea

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

There will always be mysteries in the universe that science cannot fully explain.  There is always a, "what happened before that".  If the universe is almost 14 billion years old, what happened before that?

Who knows what we will or will not be able to explain? At least science will attempt to answer things with rational research based on testable hypotheses. Religion will answer it by making up some cock-and-bull story based on nothing other than the writings of some unknown, contradictory, misogynist people claiming to be revealing the word of God at least several hundred years after anyone who was alive at the time has died. A typical Chinese whisper is almost certainly more accurate. Or even better, they'll say the answer has been 'revealed' to them....

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Originally Posted by misty_mountainhop

At least science will attempt to answer things with rational research based on testable hypotheses.

Depends on who is funding their research grant, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by misty_mountainhop

Who knows what we will or will not be able to explain? At least science will attempt to answer things with rational research based on testable hypotheses. Religion will answer it by making up some cock-and-bull story based on nothing other than the writings of some unknown, contradictory, misogynist people claiming to be revealing the word of God at least several hundred years after anyone who was alive at the time has died. A typical Chinese whisper is almost certainly more accurate. Or even better, they'll say the answer has been 'revealed' to them....

Until science explains it, we have religion.  And is it so bad that the old and sick have something to believe in, instead of just thinking when they die nothing happens?

Note: This thread is 4312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!