IGNORED

What are you currently working on?

Stargaze
Note: This thread is 4301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sgibs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodaddy

Consistent contact with hybrids/irons. I'm likely to have a beautiful drive or a frighteningly terrible one, I'm learning to deal with the drive, but after teeing off..........man it's rough. Once I'm 75yds in, I have a pretty solid chance of a good hit. I'm just missing all of my irons. Every time, 3 foot off the ground, shanked to my left, hooking to my left. :(

story of my lifeeeeeeee - but i just recently flipped this - i know how my longer irons and hybrids well but cant hit ANYTHING short - 8,9, PW, 56. I hit them all right like 30 yard. Dont know what to do

I got my hybrids, took them to the range, the first hit with the 3H off the ground was a perfect hit, a hair over 200 after carry. I did that over the next 3 swings and put the club in the bag to try something else (literally every club in my bag was new and I had never swung any of them minus my driver. I was.....antsy lol).

Then the first round I played with the new clubs, I never got a single good hit out of the irons or hybrids. I don't blame the clubs however.

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

right now I'm working on learning to break 100.

I felt like I had great strides until this morning when I shot a 62 on 9. I literally have never played this poorly in my entire life. My coach gave me a new grip, alignment, posture, and follow through and I have been hitting the ball better then ever before. For some reason today I just couldn't even hit the ball.

It was hot and muggy and I felt rushed as I was playing with a older man who was riding in a cart. I don't know if that sense of being rushed is what made me play so poorly. Looking back on it I dont remember actually "thinking" about any shots. I didnt even finish a lot of puts. It was almost like I was just out there to walk around.

Anyone else ever deal with something like this? What did you do to get around it? Thanks

-Sgibs

Don't worry, this happened to me not recently.  I literally felt like I was back at day 1 for a day.  I was at the driving range lastnight and today at lunch...nice stroke, follow through and made some nice shots.

So having a really bad day doesn't mean anything more than you had a bad day.  I recommend you take your best club [the one you're most comfortable with] and go to the range.  Key in on these items while you hit the balls:

1.  Don't kill the ball, let the club do the work

2.  Relax.  Have fun, don't choke the club, have a nice easy grip

3.  Try to start with nice easy fundamnentally sound swings.  Who cares how far you hit it

Doing this may help you get some confidence back.

story of my lifeeeeeeee - but i just recently flipped this - i know how my longer irons and hybrids well but cant hit ANYTHING short - 8,9, PW, 56. I hit them all right like 30 yard. Dont know what to do

Take a look at this video.  I think it's one of the better out there for a good sound iron swing.  Hopefully this helps, it did for me.

Mainly 2 things.....

1. relax and make a full turn

2. temo

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Stargaze

Take a look at this video.  I think it's one of the better out there for a good sound iron swing.  Hopefully this helps, it did for me.

thanks so much for this - i tried it out and it worked for me

stephengibbons.me

Driver: 9.5 Stage 2 stiff
3 Wood: 15 Stage 2 stiff

2I: MP-H4 regular
3-4H: Taylor Made Super Launch regular
5-PW: Burners regular
56 CG16 Black Pearl

60 Taylormade RAC
Putter: Ghost White Hot 35"

Originally Posted by Stargaze

Don't worry, this happened to me not recently.  I literally felt like I was back at day 1 for a day.  I was at the driving range lastnight and today at lunch...nice stroke, follow through and made some nice shots.

So having a really bad day doesn't mean anything more than you had a bad day.  I recommend you take your best club [the one you're most comfortable with] and go to the range.  Key in on these items while you hit the balls:

1.  Don't kill the ball, let the club do the work

2.  Relax.  Have fun, don't choke the club, have a nice easy grip

3.  Try to start with nice easy fundamnentally sound swings.  Who cares how far you hit it

Doing this may help you get some confidence back.

I'm struggling  now where I cant seem to string together consistent hits. Also I'm super confident on the range but when I get on the golf course I just lose it all. I instantly feel like I cant hit the ball

terrible feeling. my last two rounds of 9 holes were 62 and 58. Playing 9 tomorrow morning so should be interesting to see how things turn out tomorrow

stephengibbons.me

Driver: 9.5 Stage 2 stiff
3 Wood: 15 Stage 2 stiff

2I: MP-H4 regular
3-4H: Taylor Made Super Launch regular
5-PW: Burners regular
56 CG16 Black Pearl

60 Taylormade RAC
Putter: Ghost White Hot 35"

Driver and 3-wood off the deck.  If I could get off the tee and be able to hit a long 2nd shot that ends up on the green or close to it I could really start shooting some low scores.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I have really got to figure out how to stop this rediculous hook I am getting out of my Driver.  Everything else seems to work ok.

Driver: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 9.5*

Woods: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 15*

Hybrid: CALLAWAY Diablo Edge 21*

Irons: CLEVELAND TA7 3-PW

Wedges: CLEVELAND 588 51*, 56*, and (60* on standby)

Putter: ODYSSEY DFX 1100 mallet

Bag: NIKE Performance Carry (Lime green/Grey)

Ball: NIKE One Tour D

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Driver and 3-wood off the deck.  If I could get off the tee and be able to hit a long 2nd shot that ends up on the green or close to it I could really start shooting some low scores.

You know I've temporarily abandoned the 3 wood in favor of a hybrid until I can get more practice at the range.  I just can't seem to get nice solid contact with a 3 wood off the deck.

I'm struggling  now where I cant seem to string together consistent hits. Also I'm super confident on the range but when I get on the golf course I just lose it all. I instantly feel like I cant hit the ball

terrible feeling. my last two rounds of 9 holes were 62 and 58. Playing 9 tomorrow morning so should be interesting to see how things turn out tomorrow

stephengibbons.me

I know exactly what you're talking about.  The last time I played I started off miserable.  I knew that my frustration was starting to surface and affect my game.  I just took a couple deep breaths and went through my swing routine in my head.  The next shot I made was a nice one, it brought me back into the game.

Working on my iron game. Seems like anything outside of 120 has been causing me a lot of grief lately. Full swings with my 5 or 6 iron are almost always push slices so I'm probably releasing the club too late in the swing, and also swinging too hard as opposed to just letting the club do the work. I also need to improve the loft on my iron play.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tempo on the backswing, and the proper amount of shoulder turn on the backswing. My bad shots are from getting too aggressive and bringing my left arm too high on the backswing, taking me out of the slot. This only happens w/ my woods from the the fairway for some reason..

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Note: This thread is 4301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!