IGNORED

This bothered me at the range this morning.

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 6166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at the range this morning and I heard this guy cussing up a storm about how he was slicing everything. I stood behind him and it was the same guy from a few weeks ago who was completely bragging about how he was smoking the ball and he was going to go low this weekend on the course. Well the only difference now was he wasn't smashing the balls he was slicing the heck out of the ball. Now keep in mind this is a public range and there are a lot of children clinics going on. Well anyway two things really bothered me about this guy. First he was bragging the first time now he was struggling, but he was so over the top it was sickening. He literally was chopping wood, casting, over the top, whatever you want to describe it but it was bad. Anyway the 2nd thing that bothered me was he was cussing so much yelling the F word loud very loud with kids around. It was boardline screaming FK!! and something other words followed by the f word. Have any of you experienced this before. I was very uncomfortable and being a father of a 4.5 year old daughter I was getting very angry.

The fact this jackarse was so over the top and thinking he was great and now he wasn't and cussing around children right and left made me so mad!

I don't put up with cussing in front of my kid, and usually other people's kids as well. But I'm a pretty big guy, so I have the luxury of not putting up with things that I don't want to. It sucks because even after you tell the guy to watch his language, your attitude and heart rate are shot for the next hour. Good luck hitting decent shots after that.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

i dont really care i'd just ignore him

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

That really is rude, especially if there are kids around. I don't think I could focus with someone like that around.
In my bag:

Driver: Launcher 460Ti 10.5° ProLaunch R Flex
Woods: Launcher 3 wood 15°, Old Golfsmith 5 and 7 woods I built
Irons: Big Bertha X-12 Irons 3-PWedge: 588 Gunmetal Sand Wedge 56°Putter: B60i putter

You should of told him that he was bringing the club WAY inside and maybe that's why the ball was going right. Then mention maybe he should try brining it over the top a little more.

Tell him that you know it sounds strange but it worked for you.

If he's as big of an ass as he sounds he probably would have taken your advice and really had a meltdown.

You should of told him that he was bringing the club WAY inside and maybe that's why the ball was going right. Then mention maybe he should try brining it over the top a little more.

His swing was so bad that from the back swing the first part of the club that would move was the club head. He was literally bringing the club so far down it stood out so bad. That even someone who never played golf before could see that he was terrible. I should of said hey buddy you are too inside, but you almost have a pro swing. All you got to do is come down a little more steep and come across the ball and little more to really hit down on it.

I don't put up with cussing in front of my kid, and usually other people's kids as well. But I'm a pretty big guy, so I have the luxury of not putting up with things that I don't want to. It sucks because even after you tell the guy to watch his language, your attitude and heart rate are shot for the next hour. Good luck hitting decent shots after that.

The problem is that this clinic is really kid oriented. You see a lot of 7 years old on up to around 12 who are learning the game of golf and usually you have a nice blend of seniors and your occasional 20-40 year olds there at this time of day. A lot of times you see the older people who stop and really enjoy watching the youngster play, some of the seniors having grandchildren who the kids remind them of and other who don't and really appreciate just having the chance to watch the young kids learn. They really have a great time watching and interacting with the kids. Then you have the A hole who comes it and really ruins it for a lot of people. Just think one man ruining the time of 30+ people.

I was at the range this morning and I heard this guy cussing up a storm about how he was slicing everything. I stood behind him and it was the same guy from a few weeks ago who was completely bragging about how he was smoking the ball and he was going to go low this weekend on the course. Well the only difference now was he wasn't smashing the balls he was slicing the heck out of the ball. Now keep in mind this is a public range and there are a lot of children clinics going on. Well anyway two things really bothered me about this guy. First he was bragging the first time now he was struggling, but he was so over the top it was sickening. He literally was chopping wood, casting, over the top, whatever you want to describe it but it was bad. Anyway the 2nd thing that bothered me was he was cussing so much yelling the F word loud very loud with kids around. It was boardline screaming FK!! and something other words followed by the f word. Have any of you experienced this before. I was very uncomfortable and being a father of a 4.5 year old daughter I was getting very angry.

Go get the pro. Don't put up with this, and don't elevate your own heart rate by telling the guy off (unless, as another poster is, you have the physique to back it up).

There's a reason that when I swear at any golf-related activity, it's mild and in either French or Mandarin. But my favorite "that was a bad shot" swear replacement is "hmm... I'll just have to do better next time."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alot of pga pros cuss. Tiger being one of the worst. His repeated use of G D is just one of the many reasons i dont like the guy. You just dont hear it all the time. So whats worse a pro being a role model for little kids and saying F or something else infront of millions of viewers or some hack at the course getting upset. He sounds like a douche bag so why even waste a post on the loser. I for one get angry when I hit a poor shot with a wedge in my hand but there are some words I know are off limits on the course.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I don't think you have any right to complain since it is a 'public' course unless the owner/ operator specifies some rules for his range. If that is the case, then it should be easy to enforce a written rule and I would expect the management to take the appropriate action.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

i dont really care i'd just ignore him

Bubba would care. WWBD.

In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

I don't think you have any right to complain since it is a 'public' course unless the owner/ operator specifies some rules for his range. If that is the case, then it should be easy to enforce a written rule and I would expect the management to take the appropriate action.

You have every right not to hear loud profanity in a public setting. Now on the course, I'll over-cuss to the point that squirrels and rabbits give me dirty looks, but at a range with kids around? Not right.

In my bag:

I've got a foul mouth and always have. I have always thought that people get unnecessarily worked up about vulgarity, but at a public range in earshot of ladies, children or older folks even I have to respect the sensibilities of others. To do otherwise is classless IMHO.

Golf and cussing go together like peanutbutter and bananas. I know ministers that cuss when they golf. It's the kid thing that's a problem for me. I didn't care as much before having kids, so I'm a little bit of a hypocrite, but I think that's probably pretty standard.
In my bag:

I will respectfully disagree. And that what this is about, respect for people while you are in public. The fact that it is a "public" course gives you every right to complain, actually.

If that is the case, then it should be easy to enforce a written rule and I would expect the management to take the appropriate action.

Swearing infront of children is such basic knowledge not to do that you dont need a written rule. The guy should know there is children around. Just wait till a little 7 year old drops an F bomb in that clinic for missing a putt.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I agree with you all that foul language in front of children is in poor taste and I would not do it out of respect for the kids and for everyone else around for that matter; however, it is a public place and you have as much right to voice what you believe. The other guy has the right to tell you to $*!# off.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!