IGNORED

Another forum opinion question.....

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Shaft changes, what would you do?

• Buy new shafts and install into existing set
    • Buy used shafts and put into existing set
    • Buy new irons with shafts included

I want to use project x shafts (6.0 to be exact) for my irons. I am unsure what would be the best alternative. I have ping i10s with AWT stiff shafts. I have very high ball flight and want to bring it down. I like my pings, they feel great and hit well but it might be cheaper to change clubs all together.

Anyone go through this?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Perhaps if the thread title had something to do with the subject.....

Maybe "Question about replacing shafts"

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Perhaps if the thread title had something to do with the subject.....

Maybe "Question about replacing shafts"

You opened it and read it. Thanks for not voting...

I just got a set of the same shafts (flighted version) from eBay - BestBuyGolf.com. Cost me $130 plus tax & shipping, so not too bad... Plus, if you're buying ones here, they're uncut, so no worries about shaft length being wrong as could be the case on a fully used set. Not sure how much normal installation would be - I'm paying $80 to get my 3i-PW cut to length, reshafted, swap the grips to the new shafts and adjust lie & loft angles to my specs...

:tmade: R11 9* Blur Stiff --- R11 14* 3w Blur Stiff --- Rescue 11 21* Aldila RIP Stiff :tmade: Tour Preferred CB 3i-6i --- MC 7i --- MB 8i-PW - Project X Flighted 6.0, custom lie and lofts :vokey: Oil Can 52.08 --- Oil Can 56.11 --- Oil Can 60.07 :cameron: 1996 Catalina - Custom specs made @ :titleist:

Originally Posted by ERLoft

I just got a set of the same shafts (flighted version) from eBay - BestBuyGolf.com. Cost me $130 plus tax & shipping, so not too bad... Plus, if you're buying ones here, they're uncut, so no worries about shaft length being wrong as could be the case on a fully used set.

Not sure how much normal installation would be - I'm paying $80 to get my 3i-PW cut to length, reshafted, swap the grips to the new shafts and adjust lie & loft angles to my specs...

I have seen those on ebay and they are used, no?  New shafts were pretty pricy from what I have seen. I have guy that would do it.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

You opened it and read it. Thanks for not voting...

Why would I vote?

The answer would depend on the new shafts, the old shafts the new clubs and the old clubs.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!