• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Valleygolfer

Another forum opinion question.....

0  

  1. 1. Shaft changes, what would you do?

    • Buy new shafts and install into existing set
      1
    • Buy used shafts and put into existing set
      0
    • Buy new irons with shafts included
      1


Recommended Posts

Valleygolfer    310

I want to use project x shafts (6.0 to be exact) for my irons. I am unsure what would be the best alternative. I have ping i10s with AWT stiff shafts. I have very high ball flight and want to bring it down. I like my pings, they feel great and hit well but it might be cheaper to change clubs all together.

Anyone go through this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Shorty    567

Perhaps if the thread title had something to do with the subject.....

Maybe "Question about replacing shafts"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valleygolfer    310
Originally Posted by Shorty

Perhaps if the thread title had something to do with the subject.....

Maybe "Question about replacing shafts"


You opened it and read it. Thanks for not voting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ERLoft    3
I just got a set of the same shafts (flighted version) from eBay - BestBuyGolf.com. Cost me $130 plus tax & shipping, so not too bad... Plus, if you're buying ones here, they're uncut, so no worries about shaft length being wrong as could be the case on a fully used set. Not sure how much normal installation would be - I'm paying $80 to get my 3i-PW cut to length, reshafted, swap the grips to the new shafts and adjust lie & loft angles to my specs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valleygolfer    310
Originally Posted by ERLoft

I just got a set of the same shafts (flighted version) from eBay - BestBuyGolf.com. Cost me $130 plus tax & shipping, so not too bad... Plus, if you're buying ones here, they're uncut, so no worries about shaft length being wrong as could be the case on a fully used set.

Not sure how much normal installation would be - I'm paying $80 to get my 3i-PW cut to length, reshafted, swap the grips to the new shafts and adjust lie & loft angles to my specs...

I have seen those on ebay and they are used, no?  New shafts were pretty pricy from what I have seen. I have guy that would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shorty    567
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

You opened it and read it. Thanks for not voting...

Why would I vote?

The answer would depend on the new shafts, the old shafts the new clubs and the old clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this