IGNORED

Let's talk college football

bamagrad03
Note: This thread is 4186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Look at who is immediately below ND.

LSU--4-1. Wins against North Texas, Washington, Idaho and a 2 point win over a 1-4 Auburn.  Then a loss to Florida.  Should ND be lower than LSU?

USC -- 4-1.  Wins against Hawaii, Syracuse, Utah and Cal (2-4).  Loss to Standford.

Oklahoma -- 3-1.  Wins against UTEP, Florida A&M;, and Texas Tech.  Loss to KState.

Florida State -- 5-1.  Wins over Murray State, Savannah State, Wake Forrest, Clemson and South Florida.  Loss to NC State.

Which of those teams have beaten two teams that are better than Mich and Mich St.  Sure Florida St beat Clemson, but they lost to NC State.  I dont think any of the other teams beat ONE team that was better than Mich/Mich St.

Which of these teams should be ranked above ND?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bamagrad03

Agreed. But they aren't squeaking by with one score wins like ND did against Michigan and Purdue. There's no way a team like Clemson or Oklahoma beats a Purdue team by 3 points at home.

That's why I'm saying you can't JUST look at the record. You have to look at how they win. Is ND much improved? Yes. Are they a top 7 team? No. ND's defense is winning them games right now. But they HAVE to find some offense before they can be considered an elite team. Have to.

I don't think ND can compete for a national championship.  But they're not ranked #1.  If you're saying they are overrated, then you've got to show that the teams below them are better.  They're ranked #7.  That is appropriate.  They have played better than the teams below them.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Well a lot of this is stemming from them being #1 in the computers. So I do think they're overrated.

It's not PC to put undefeated teams behind 1 loss teams, so technically, they're probably ranked correctly. But teams I think that could beat ND?

I think LSU would beat ND. I think FSU would beat ND. Oklahoma we'll get to see in a couple weeks. Southern Cal we'll find out as well. I think Clemson could, Texas A&M; could. But that's the beauty of it, we get the benefit of sitting back and letting the season play itself out.

I'm going to be an ND skeptic until the find an offense and start beating crappy teams with ease. Miami was a good start.

Well a lot of this is stemming from them being #1 in the computers. So I do think they're overrated.

It's not PC to put undefeated teams behind 1 loss teams, so technically, they're probably ranked correctly. But teams I think that could beat ND?

I think LSU would beat ND. I think FSU would beat ND. Oklahoma we'll get to see in a couple weeks. Southern Cal we'll find out as well. I think Clemson could, Texas A&M; could. But that's the beauty of it, we get the benefit of sitting back and letting the season play itself out.

I'm going to be an ND skeptic until the find an offense and start beating crappy teams with ease. Miami was a good start.

Generally, in sport, teams are judged by who they beat, not by who fans think they could beat.  They've earned a #7 ranking at this point in the season.  Its silly to declare them overrated because of one of the computer rankings that are used as a factor in the overall BCS system had them at #1.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Les Miles isn't your problem. He's a damn fine coach. LSU has been wrecked with injuries this year. Especially on the Oline. Between that and Matthieu's antics, it really put LSU behind the 8 ball. I really like Miles and he's done a great deal while he's been down there. Just think he was dealt a bad hand this year.

The defense has been fine without Mathieu. Les is a good recruiter and motivator. But he is stubborn and has his hand in the offensive play calling way too much.

Originally Posted by LSU_justin

The defense has been fine without Mathieu. Les is a good recruiter and motivator. But he is stubborn and has his hand in the offensive play calling way too much.

Mettenberger is a hot mess.  I think we are seeing why Mark Richt let him walk away from Athens so easily.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 4186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!