IGNORED

Broke a shaft on my 5 iron

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 6160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyway don't you hate when your clubs are out of commission. I decided to get them regripped so I won't have 3-sw till tuesday. I guess I'll have to practice my woods/driver and putting.

Probably a good thing. Anybody going through this now or have experienced this painful time.

Anyway don't you hate when your clubs are out of commission. I decided to get them regripped so I won't have 3-sw till tuesday. I guess I'll have to practice my woods/driver and putting.

4 times last year, I was without a driver in my bag, so I had to tee off with a 3 wood.

First time... broke a Big Bertha Warbird on the range after hitting it really fat. I had to hit 3 wood out of the box the next day with my buddies. Second time...an el cheapo Wilson driver that came with a set. The head fell off of its own accord on the 10th tee. I just held the club sideways, and with no force acting on it, it inexplicably flopped to the ground leaving me with a graphite stick. Third time... Big Bertha Warbird, again. I cracked it, but didn't break it entirely. Useless as a driver, though. Fourth time... cheap $20 Acuity driver. Cracked the bottom of the shaft when I hit a power drive really fat. Last year, I also managed to break my 3, 4, and 7 irons. All in one year. Haven't broken any clubs this year though.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Last year i broke my driver by throwing a golf ball in the air and hitting it. Had to play a 3 wood off the tee until i got it fixed.

My Friend this year before the year started took a backswing with his 5 wood and broke the shaft about 3 inches from the top, He broke it where the grip was still covering the shaft.

This year somehow i broke my driver, it was a rare thing where the sweetspot gets indented and its unhittable, which happened to me.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Yeah.. I broke mine/my dad's Big Bertha about 2 or 3 months ago, but we traded that and $150 for the new one.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Oh that remindes me also, my same friend hit his 3 iron and indented the face so badly that the club was almost flat, it was amazing how saomething like that could happen.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I tried one of my buddies older left drivers (im a rightie) needless to say I hit the club head into the ground and the head flew off almost knocking out a squirrel, i was entertained

Not much you can do about a broken club but to take it in. As for regripping, I usually tried to do that in the dead of winter right before a major snow storm.

A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

I've been playing over 20years and never have broken a club. Seen many clubs get broken but the guys don't have a swing, they drive the club head down into the ball and ground. after awhile the head just snaps from being driven into the ground so often.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

This year somehow i broke my driver, it was a rare thing where the sweetspot gets indented and its unhittable, which happened to me.

Did you get a new one free? How did that work?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
I broke my 7-iron once. It was cold, I hit the shot a little heavy, and then heard this sickening metal twanging type sound (like a dull tuning fork) as the clubhead (which broke right at the top of the ferrule, basically) went down the fairway. The ball went about 80 yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been fortunate enough to never have experienced a broken club. My golf instructor at Golf Galaxy was telling me that customers are constantly bringing in clubs for repair and he felt that the number one reason which led to broken clubs was golfers leaving their sets in their car where temperatures can reach 115° Fahrenheit or more. Over time, the epoxy expands, contracts, and weakens from the vast temperature shifts.

The number one reason clubs come to me for shaft repair is not hitting a golf ball- it's the retaliation after hitting the ball. Shafts breaking from hitting trees, golf carts, into the ground (sludge hammer style), misc. objects within striking distance, is common. Many golfers don’t want to admit the cause for the shaft break (not saying that this applies to members of this site ). In one season I repaired 4 of 8 irons for a guy. He admitted that he had anger, golf management problem

• Administrator
The number one reason clubs come to me for shaft repair is not hitting a golf ball- it's the retaliation after hitting the ball. Shafts breaking from hitting trees, golf carts, into the ground (sludge hammer style), misc. objects within striking distance, is common. Many golfers don’t want to admit the cause for the shaft break (not saying that this applies to members of this site ). In one season I repaired 4 of 8 irons for a guy. He admitted that he had anger, golf management problem

I used to slam clubs into the ground when I was a teen. Then I read about some guy who did that and had the graphite shaft snap, stick him in the neck, and he died.

I stopped slamming clubs around that instant. Haven't done so in 12 years or so. I don't see much point in it anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!