IGNORED

Whats the most enjoyable part of playing golf

njcl13
Note: This thread is 4258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. The most satisfying in golf??

• Hitting a shot off the sweet spot,perfect contact,the best you could hit it
    • Making a tough par,or birdie
    • Holing a monster putt
    • Booming a drive,or iron off the tee past your usual yardage

Originally Posted by Fourputt

For me, it's simply being out and enjoying a round with good friends.  If good things happen as well, then great.  I like sharing my successes with them, but I like equally being able to share in their successes too.

For me, it's the overall experience which matters, not the details.

Hey.... That wasn't one of the options!!!

Hehehe... j/k

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Flushing it. The feel of a ball hit in the exact center of the sweet spot. Indescribable.

This is it. It is really the only reason I play. I don't care if it is a 4 ft putt or a par 5 driver, I live for that sensation. It is truly a drug.

dak4n6

I chose holing a monster putt because my putting is good but not great but my drives are damn near always 300 yards down the middle.  So a long putt really gets me amped alot of the time.

Gotta say I'm surprised about the results on this one.

While I admit that there's little better than the feeling that you get when you hit an awesome shot just as you planned, off the sweet spot, with perfect distance and direction, the one thing that feels better for me is when I can actually combine multiples of those shots and score a birdie on a difficult hole.

You guys really believe one shot feels better than multiples giving you a great score on a tough hole?

If hitting it flush feels better than scoring then why leave the range?

Driver - RBZ 10.5 

3 Wood - Burner 2.0 - 15

Hybrids - Burner 2.0 3-18, 4-21, 5-24

Irons - Burner 2.0  5-P

Wedges - RAC 52 and 56

Putter -  Anser 2 

Ball -  NXT-Tour

Originally Posted by dave67az

Gotta say I'm surprised about the results on this one.

While I admit that there's little better than the feeling that you get when you hit an awesome shot just as you planned, off the sweet spot, with perfect distance and direction, the one thing that feels better for me is when I can actually combine multiples of those shots and score a birdie on a difficult hole.

You guys really believe one shot feels better than multiples giving you a great score on a tough hole?

Not at all.... but many times multiples of good shots are just that, good shots. The "sweet spot" that they are speaking of is more that shot you take that has the sound, look, and physical feeling of a perfect shot.

But yes, multiple good shots are definitely reinforcing. The question really is quite limiting in perspective, as it only asks a question with a relatively finite limit........ Err..... :-p Seriously, though... who wouldn't enjoy a span of great shots.

I voted for birdie/par a difficult hole.... which usually exhibits the very characteristics that you describe. :)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

That's actually a good point - hitting it flush is a visceral thing, like sex. I'm not going to contend that stringing together a good score isn't satisfying, but if I score well but didn't strike the ball well (scrambling, journey-man work, etc.), I just don't get my fix. I feel cheated.

dak4n6

The only thing I can think is maybe the question was worded in way that those people who are actually USED to getting birdies don't get quite as excited as we duffers do.

Yes... That would be quite valid.

Its sort of like me when I hit the perfect "short game" shot. My short game is a joke. My mid irons and short irons often sail true toward their destinations. Club selection isn't perfect, but I'm learning. However, when it gets to my short game, I might as well be using a hatchet.... Its improving, and good shots are becoming more frequent, but my score still suffers from it quite badly. So it feels REALLY good when I hit that pitch just feet from the hole, or inches. I'd imagine that in time when it becomes more frequent, it will feel more normal and less "great."

However, challenges never end on the golf course, and there is always that illusive hole, or the difficult shot. Getting out of trouble is an uplifting experience...... :)

But yes, the question was quite basic in nature..... and I'm rambling.... :-p

Being able to hold in your gut the entire time the cute beer cart girl is serving your foursome with out turning red or passing out.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Cart girls are a joke. Not amused by that whole idea.

On topic: Hitting a drive straight is the best feeling I get. Another ball I won't lose!

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

On topic: Hitting a drive straight is the best feeling I get. Another ball I won't lose!

Cart girls are awesome here in AZ.

Sorry they aren't up to par in IL.

i didn't vote for any of them.. I feel that when I visualize a shot and it flies with the same trajectory with a draw/fade/straight flight that I pictured in my head, I get full satisfaction. It doesn't happen as often as I'd like it to but that's what I truly love. Watching the guys on tv they make it look so easy and you know multiple multiple multiple times a round that they hit exactly what they visualized and it's almost like deja vu when I do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Cart girls are awesome here in AZ.

Sorry they aren't up to par in IL.

Yeah.... that was a strange comment.  They may or may not be supermodel hot, but they are invariably smiling and friendly, and they provide a service which I make use of, although I rarely drink beer while I play.  I'll get a soda, or a candy bar, that sort of thing (quickly, not unduly delaying play, of course).

And I sort of agree with Teamanglerx that in some rounds, the high point of the day is flirting with the cart girl.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

For me, it's simply being out and enjoying a round with good friends.  If good things happen as well, then great.  I like sharing my successes with them, but I like equally being able to share in their successes too.

For me, it's the overall experience which matters, not the details.

Same here. It's an opportunity to spend time with friends and make new friends. Though more important is I spend a lot of time on the course with my Mom. She's a 2x breast cancer survivor so every minute with her is a good thing.

Dave :-)

Nothing better to me and my current skill level than trying to hit a specific shot, knowing what you are trying to do with your swing and actually pulling it off. I love seeing the ball do exactly what I want it to do.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Hitting an iron close to the pin. It's amazing how enjoyable replacing your divot is after hitting a solid iron shot.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!