IGNORED

Whats the most enjoyable part of playing golf

njcl13
Note: This thread is 4259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. The most satisfying in golf??

• Hitting a shot off the sweet spot,perfect contact,the best you could hit it
    • Making a tough par,or birdie
    • Holing a monster putt
    • Booming a drive,or iron off the tee past your usual yardage

Originally Posted by dave67az

Gotta say I'm surprised about the results on this one.

While I admit that there's little better than the feeling that you get when you hit an awesome shot just as you planned, off the sweet spot, with perfect distance and direction, the one thing that feels better for me is when I can actually combine multiples of those shots and score a birdie on a difficult hole.

You guys really believe one shot feels better than multiples giving you a great score on a tough hole?

Yes, for me, because it's so damn elusive. I've made birdies on holes without hitting any shots I would call "good". And there's definitely a joy in that. But when I think of all the time I put into this game, all the range balls I hit, the 'holy grail' is that perfect contact. And because it is so elusive, when I experience it, it just feels awesome.

Put another way - there's definitely a satisfaction in managing my game, getting out of tight spots, sinking a sliding 15-footer for par and so on. But those are the result of good mental discipline - all I gotta do is convince myself to hit a smart shot & then make a putt. But every swing is an attempt at perfect contact, and 90% of the time it just doesn't happen. Even if you practice a lot, it just doesn't occur that often, for me at least. So it's a matter of going from 'hope' of hitting the sweet spot to two seconds later, 'doing' it. It's that immediacy of result that is just so...intoxicating... about the game.

I can't even vote.....

The best part about golf is spending a morning with good friends................good company with a beautiful nature backdrop.  For me, it's all about getting away and being at peace in a beautiful green space.....to get away from daily life stresses.  Playing well is a bonus....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I can't even vote.....

The best part about golf is spending a morning with good friends................good company with a beautiful nature backdrop.  For me, it's all about getting away and being at peace in a beautiful green space.....to get away from daily life stresses.  Playing well is a bonus....

BAM!! :) I second that!

Of course, I already voted... :-p Still..............

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

The number of people who answered one pure shot surprises me. If I hit a perfect tee or approach shot and blow the approach shot or easy putt that is the pitts. I think coming back after a poor shot and salvaging par, making a tough comebacker after a misread putt, these type of situations are what gives me satisfaction. One pure shot can be luck. Hanging tough is something I control, and luck is not a factor.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

That "perfect shot" is what makes me keep working so hard, so that those shots are more rather than less frequent.  It might be a pitch from 50 yards that takes a couple of bounces and stops a foot from the hole, or a towering drive down the middle of a tight fairway, or a 20 foot downhill double-breaker, I seem to always hit one or more shots that keep me coming back, and just because I know that I CAN hit the perfect shot I work toward making those shots more commonplace.

None of the above ... or I guess you could say a combination of 1,2,4.  Basically, executing 3 (or 4) "perfect" shots in a row.  I can hit a perfect drive, then blow the approach.  I can hit a good approach and blow the putt.  (I can also recover froma bad drive with good approach or a bad approach with a good chip)  But the best feeling is stringing together a "perfect" drive, "perfect" approach, and a solid putt for an "easy" birdie.

If I had to break it down to one shot, I would say it's when I am able to pull off the shot (any shot) exactly as visualized.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

for me its nailing the approach shot... with a well struck ball in the sweet spot... right onto the green, of the high-arking-beauty category. The icing on the cake is having a nice little ball mark to fix a short distance from the hole!

second to that is a well struck scorcher off the tee that lands beyond all the other balls in the group... smack dab in the middle of the fairway.

closely behind that: a well struck put from beyond 10 feet that drops in dead center.

close behind that: a really good bunker shot that stops within 3 feet of the hole to save par.

its the balance of power and finesse that really holds my admiration of this sport.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You've missed the most important part. HAVING FUN. While I am a single digit handicap, I enjoy playing with people that are fun. I could care if that is a low handicap player someone that can't break 120. For me it's having fun.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

Note: This thread is 4259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!