IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Chas

To what end, then? If attempts at humor, how can I put it gently old bean.... Monty Python you are not, Monte. The other likely motivation old chap ..... even worse.

This thread can really benefit from the Euro perspective on what happened in Chicago. Please carry on with that if you've got more to add.

I think I've done this in this thread. Forgive my acute intolerance of idiots.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Joakim

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Fuzzy Zoellor

This is a big concern to me. I can't see a strong captain for Gleneagles. I think USA needs to reconsider one term captains and they are considering it. Go with what won

before... Paul Azinger.

Azinger, 52, broke Europe’s stronghold on the cup by leading the Americans to victory in ’08 at Valhalla. He probably would have come back to lead the Americans again in ’10 if he had been asked, but the PGA doesn’t bring captains back anymore.

By bringing Azinger back, the PGA has a chance to outsmart the Euros and give the Americans an early advantage.

Would Azinger be willing to reprise his role?

“I wouldn’t rule it out,” Azinger told Golf Channel this week. “I just don’t know. If I were to be asked, I would probably consider it.”

Yeah, I don't know what early advantage it gives anyone. Azinger is a brawler, but ya know, that's not what you need. You need players who can get the job done.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

I think I've done this in this thread. Forgive my acute intolerance of idiots.

That's a relief then. Cheerio ....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

Yeah, I don't know what early advantage it gives anyone. Azinger is a brawler, but ya know, that's not what you need. You need players who can get the job done.

Thanks, you made my point. Azinger got us the cup in 2008.

Openly acknowledging posting under multiple names says a lot about the poster.

psst... He's not Monte as well, is he?

Just kidding .............

Pete Iveson

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Nosevi

psst... He's not Monte as well, is he?

Just kidding .............

Nah it's him.

acute intolerance of idiots, And the hits keep rolling along.

Did anyone watch Sneds on Sunday? What happened to his game exactly?

He shot level par compared to Lawrie's 6 under through 15 holes. Nothing serious just ran into a guy that played really well. Zach Johnson had the same score and won handily.

He shot level par compared to Lawrie's 6 under through 15 holes. Nothing serious just ran into a guy that played really well. Zach Johnson had the same score and won handily.

Thanks, good to hear. I should have checked the numbers. We're going to be needing those guys to perform 2 years from now. I suggest they play some rounds in Washington State in February to get an idea of likely weather conditions .... at the least they should all be banished from FL/AZ/SoCal the winter of 2013/14 ..... :-)

4-hybrid:

So what's the word on Europe captain @ Gleneagle. Heard Monty might be a consideration.

No chance - though if it kept him off the TV great.

McGinley, Clarke & Bjorn are the leading contenders - Lawrie as an outsider, mainly because he fancies playing again - especially at homein Scotland.

Probably McGinley is favourite, Clarke when its in the States next & Bjorn when its in France.

So what's the word on Europe captain @ Gleneagle. Heard Monty might be a consideration.

Personally I'd think not but could be wrong. We have too many other possibilities. I'd like to see Paul Mcginley get the nod.

Pete Iveson

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

No chance - though if it kept him off the TV great.

McGinley, Clarke & Bjorn are the leading contenders - Lawrie as an outsider, mainly because he fancies playing again - especially at homein Scotland.

Probably McGinley is favourite, Clarke when its in the States next & Bjorn when its in France.

Beat me to it - I concure sir.

Pete Iveson

Yes, very droll .....

I hope this thread doesn't go the way of Americans Shouting. I suggest that posters try to demonstrate some mature reflection on the RC. Openly acknowledging posting under multiple names says a lot about the poster.

I totally agree regarding mature reflection on the RC.

BTW, Re accounts on this blog, only one, I apologize and let me clarify. Been here awile ago and forgot my user name.

Fair enough. I retract the harshness towards you of a couple of my posts, even as I don't budge an inch on substance :-) I actually agree that DL3 was a bit too passive in style. The whole consensus thing goes too far imho. If he really did let others "talk him into" certain picks, against his better judgement (has he actually said so?), that is not good. But he stuck with a reasonable and defensible plan IMO. I feel sorry for the guy.

4-hybrid:

Personally I would love to see Colin as captain. Of course I'm a US fan.

Quiet, I think I hear an avalance rumbling.

Candidates to Captain at 2014 Ryder Cup

Options for Team Europe and Team USA

One thing we can say with certainty: Jose Maria Olazabal will not be back as Ryder Cup captain in 2014. The 2012 skipper has ruled that out.

Colin Montgomerie , the 2010 European leader, seems to desperately want the job again, especially for the 2012 match in Scotland. Monty takes every opportunity to reiterate what an honor it would be to get the job again, and in Scotland. Nothing at all wrong with Monty wanting it, but there isn't exactly a paucity of candidates on the European side, so I think it's highly doubtful Montgomerie will be considered.

Fair enough. I retract the harshness towards you of a couple of my posts, even as I don't budge an inch on substance

I actually agree that DL3 was a bit too passive in style. The whole consensus thing goes too far imho. If he really did let others "talk him into" certain picks, against his better judgement (has he actually said so?), that is not good. But he stuck with a reasonable and defensible plan IMO. I feel sorry for the guy.

No problem, we don't get much of that in the US, I'm getting used to it. Honestly as a religious person I feel for DL3 and wouldn't wish that criticism on anyone.

You roll the dice and he crapped out. Yes he said his assistant captains were on the walkie begging him to see Phil and Keegan about playing another round.

This thread has gone far afield of the central issue that the Euros played with confidence due to their finish on Saturday and the early bloodletting on Sunday and they deserve congratulations for their epic performance in retaining the Ryder Cup. That doesn't forgive Davis Love for his lack of foresight and his refusal to adapt. He needed to break up some of his pairing on Saturday afternoon and he needed to frontload his lineup on Sunday to stem any opportunity for further momentum.

JMO.

Bill M

Yes, very droll .....

I hope this thread doesn't go the way of Americans Shouting.

Not a chance ... that one veered into the relatively benign subject of WWII ... this one's careening into a debate on religion.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!