IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, I know. It's a semi-public course. Anyone can book it. I'm just expecting more from a bloke that 'used to make and sell things to Boeing'.

How about Shinnecock Hills? Or the Congressional? Fix those for me and I'll become a believer.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

Yeah, I know. It's a semi-public course. Anyone can book it. I'm just expecting more from a bloke that 'used to make and sell things to Boeing'.

How about Shinnecock Hills? Or the Congressional? Fix those for me and I'll become a believer.

è During the Final Assembly of 747-8F, numerous  standard part numbers were not on hand to support Manufacturing Operations
Caused Delays in Manufacturing
Diverted Resources to Make Shims/Fillers in house
¬ Manufacturing  & Planning for over 100 Shims/Fillers
Required additional Engineering activities to determine if there was acceptable substitute parts
Created Expedite Costs and urgent hardware procurement activities

Look chaps, let's be candid: some of Monte's posts are pure trollery. He seems to find it amusing, to most it's probably just tiresome. To some it must be extremely hurtful. That would not be me as it happens. The closest I've ever gotten to religion was during my first ILS approach at night, through a 3000ft thick coastal cloud layer with a base at 350 AGL - in the doughnut most of the way down. Or maybe a break of ~40 on the snooker table at that once-ecclesiastical College. Sadly it hasn't happened to me yet on a golf course but I haven't given up hope. Charles.

That was why I blocked him. Typical country hater looking to piss people off no matter how ignorant he sounds.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

That was why I blocked him. Typical country hater looking to piss people off no matter how ignorant he sounds.

And I was just about to start a Monte the Bear Anger Management thread too. Oh well, never mind.

Pete Iveson

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

As you have blocked me, I have no way to respond to you. But if you do read this, you must realise that it is impossible to hate a country. You can hate elements of it, but you can't hate it all. I can't do that. I can hate arrogant blowhards, bullshit artistes and fawning sycophantic numbskulls. But I have yet to find a country that is entirely composed of them.

I can tell we would'nt get on though. I'll leave it at that.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

As you have blocked me, I have no way to respond to you. But if you do read this, you must realise that it is impossible to hate a country. You can hate elements of it, but you can't hate it all. I can't do that. I can hate arrogant blowhards, bullshit artistes and fawning sycophantic numbskulls. But I have yet to find a country that is entirely composed of them. I can tell we would'nt get on though. I'll leave it at that.

Hi Monte, thought you had departed the fix. Just curious, which one am I? I'm voting for the last I think if those are my only options. Did you avoid that water btw?

Pete Iveson

Originally Posted by Nosevi

Hi Monte, thought you had departed the fix. Just curious, which one am I? I'm voting for the last I think if those are my only options. Did you avoid that water btw?

No, I don't see you in amongst those descriptors - that said, we've only just met.

No, I'm afraid 3 V1X's went for a dip. Tough course - quite how it plays off of the black's, I don't know.

Playing at Burnham tomorrow - one of my favourite links courses and always open despite the recent inclement weather.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

No, I don't see you in amongst those descriptors - that said, we've only just met. No, I'm afraid 3 V1X's went for a dip. Tough course - quite how it plays off of the black's, I don't know.  Playing at Burnham tomorrow - one of my favourite links courses and always open despite the recent inclement weather.

Inclement weather? Down there? You're just showing yourself up as a soft southerner, Monte.

Pete Iveson

Inclement weather? Down there? You're just showing yourself up as a soft southerner, Monte.

The links courses have drained incredibly well, but the inland courses are in some trouble. We've had most of the autumn / winter rain in one month. Most of the farmers around here reckon the price of cattle feed will go up extravagantly because of the crop damage caused by disease and the wet weather - the local cider house to me (Thatchers) reckon the cider apple harvest is shocking as well.

That said, played Weston Super Mare the other day and the greens were some of the best I've played on - the links greens seem to have thrived with the mixture of extreme damp and a coolish but sunny summer.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

The links courses have drained incredibly well, but the inland courses are in some trouble. We've had most of the autumn / winter rain in one month. Most of the farmers around here reckon the price of cattle feed will go up extravagantly because of the crop damage caused by disease and the wet weather - the local cider house to me (Thatchers) reckon the cider apple harvest is shocking as well. That said, played Weston Super Mare the other day and the greens were some of the best I've played on - the links greens seem to have thrived with the mixture of extreme damp and a coolish but sunny summer.

My normal track is a parkland course (Blankney in Lincolnshire) but it's not too bad even when wet. That said my old man's local is a place called Rutland County down near Stamford, it's an inland Links course, pretty much no trees, long rough and really sandy soil. Never known it to have standing water on it. When mine get's a tad boggy Ijust go there instead.

Pete Iveson

My normal track is a parkland course (Blankney in Lincolnshire) but it's not too bad even when wet. That said my old man's local is a place called Rutland County down near Stamford, it's an inland Links course, pretty much no trees, long rough and really sandy soil. Never known it to have standing water on it. When mine get's a tad boggy Ijust go there instead.

Small world, I was a member at Sleaford before I left Lincs for the gold paved streets of London.

It always used to drain pretty and played more like an inland links.

Well errrr yes, it is a small world over there in Jolly Old and no mistake ... :-P. Pity I didn't play goff when I was at school near Weston-super-Sludge ..... Next time I'm over there I shall rent some clubs and play at that course near Taplow, the one by the Astor estate. Couple of bitters at the Bird and Feather to follow.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!