IGNORED

Am I the ONLY one who

Mike1122
Note: This thread is 6668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

doesn't really care for Gary McCords' golf commentary on CBS.

It seems to me he tries too hard to be funny. I prefer David Feherty if I'm looking for a laugh.

And I also am not a big fan of either Peter Oosterhuis or Lanny Wadkins.

Overall I think NBC does the best job when the televise golf.

• Administrator
Ditto to all of the above, except Oostie doesn't really bug me. Nor is he "great."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think McCord is ok - just tune him out really. Feherty is great in my opinion. Oosterhuise is good. I can't stand Johnny Miller or Lanny Wadkins. Then again I couldn't stand Venturi either. Jim Nantz is great. Don't really care for Jimmy Roberts. I think ABC has a good team with Faldo and Azinger, with Faldo carrying them.

In the bag:
Titleist 983K
Titleist 904F 15*
Titleist 904F 19*
Titleist 990 3-PW Titleist Vokey 256-12 56*Cleveland Gunite 60*Odyssey 990 putterTitelist Pro-V1*

McCord sense of humor is ok with me - what's annoying is his attempt to "give the insight" as a "golfer who was there and thinks still is", trying to explain/critisize a tour professional in language that "normal people" can understand. What's that word, patronizing? Anyway - most of his technical comments are full of crap. He should stick to jokes IMHO.
In general - I'm used to watch golf with mute on. Much more enjoyable experience.

I think McCord is ok - just tune him out really. Feherty is great in my opinion. Oosterhuise is good. I can't stand Johnny Miller or Lanny Wadkins. Then again I couldn't stand Venturi either. Jim Nantz is great. Don't really care for Jimmy Roberts. I think ABC has a good team with Faldo and Azinger, with Faldo carrying them.

I think Faldo is getting better the more I hear of him - and I also think Ian Baker Finch does a great job. Does anyone know if ABC still will carry the British Open.

• 8 months later...

alas..the search function "David Feherty" got me this thread

I enjoy them both honestly and have watched both of them when they were the featured "Playing with the Pros" pro. Gary was hillarious and seemed very humble..but probably for the cameras..and a riot..I saw Feherty (repeat) a few days ago..I never knew he was a professional..didn't realize he was on the Walker/Ryder cup and went up against Payne Stewart at one time.

Anyway, I hope he continues with those funny Cobra driver commercials.

I did not realize Faldo had such a personality...

However, Golf Channel had him on "Playing Lessons with he Pro's" last week - I was surprised to find he has a natural sense of humor, that you'd never have guessed watching him play during his peak.

Cleveland Ti460 10.5*  |  Cleveland 17* Steel  |  Mizuno MP60  |  Nicklaus JN nickel plated - 52.10, 56.12, 60.09  |  Ping Anser 4
Play it like you found it.

If it's over the top, trying to hard to be funny, look no further than that turd Peter Jacobson. I know he's not a commentator, but those damn clinics and that show of his on the Golf Channel. F that guy.

McCord is an alright guy. He could do without the lame-o mustache though.

Judy Rankin however, she needs to go!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Feherty is my #1. McCord is fine. He was much better earlier in his career as an announcer. I just enjoy the CBS coverage much more than any other network.

That being said, I'm going to miss Faldo and Azinger when ABC leaves next year. I wouldn't mind them replacing Johnny Miller on NBC. Miller sucks donkey $

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 6668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!