IGNORED

how much would you spend on a golf ball if you lost...

Note: This thread is 4163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The OP never qualified whether he plays a 'tough' course or not. Just that he loses 5-6 balls a round. Even on the toughest courses I've ever played- Royal County Down, Pebble Beach and a few others I didn't need spectators to find my ball and didn't lose 6 balls. My point was to take a few lessons to LESSEN the chance of losing the ball. Cut down on those really bad flailing slices or hooks, so that maybe the ball rolls into some heavier rough 200 yards out instead of flying in 40 ft in the air at 100mph only 50 yds off the tee. If they're losing the balls carrying water, then maybe a different club or style of course management would be better. OP didn't say that either, so we're all guessing on what the issue is. Either way- developing a swing that doesn't result in reaching into the ball pocket for another will certainly make the game more enjoyable.

All good points Ray BUT lessons aren't an immediate fix. I've taken lessons, which have helped immensely but doesn't stop me from losing balls straight away so for me, until I am consistent in my swing then I'm happy sticking to Pro V1's that cost me about 50p a ball :) Regards Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!