IGNORED

December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)

agoodmanmbk
Note: This thread is 4141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

And yes... I'll let you know what I read them at.  And you can pay for my coffee.

Deal!  Give me your Starbucks order, and I will pick it up on the way.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

My suggestion is we simply meet at the course.  Mile Square has a small range and several large putting greens... And even a chipping green (you have to pay for the chipping area).  So we could all gather in the practice area near one of the greens, then go inside and pay for the round once we're all accounted for.

Note, I recommend that you provide your name and mobile phone number here so that we can call/text you in case you are running late, or missing (it happens).  Then we know what the deal is and aren't all guessing what is going on the morning of when we have 5 or 6 guys and waiting on one or two others to show.  Plus, if for some reason if you can't make it, you can text one of us to let us know.  Please try and make it though... It sucks having guys bail.

Personally, I'll probably get there 60 to 90 minutes before we tee off to hit a small bucket of balls, and roll some putts, maybe even grab some grub at their restaurant?  This will also give us a chance to introduce ourselves before we tee off and come up with the foursomes/pairings.  They have a restaurant at the course which serves a great country fried steak with biscuits and gravy... At least this is what one of the guys I've played with there has said.  He always goes there early and eats breakfast before the round when we play at Mile Square.  So if you guys want to meet up for breakfast and coffee, we could do that too.  This would give us a chance to talk about what game(s) we want to play if any.

Regarding the game(s)... My suggestion is to keep it simple... $5 NET and $5 GROSS skins game which is optional to get in.  Split the pot such that 75% of the pot goes to the winner, and 25% to the runner-up for each pot (NET and GROSS).  Use your handicap to determine who gets a skin.  Only one skin (lowest recorded score) wins the hole.  Ties on the hole cancels the skin on that hole.  This ensures the skins winner actually gets a decent amount instead of splitting the skin with several guys.

All sounds good to me.  We probably should start a PM with everybody who's coming and share our numbers that way, so we're not giving them to the general public.  We could do it now, or we could wait a little bit and see if we could wrangle up a few more players.

And, Beach, if you're getting there that early you will just tell me the green stimp right?  You're not going to make me figure it out for myself, are you?

sounds good to me im in for sure

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

Originally Posted by Lihu

I'm in.

Lihu- you mentioned bringing your son and a friend in the other thread.  Are they coming to this or just yourself?

we have 8 players right now...

Agoodman

Jim

Beach

Tristan

Pakoh

GolfDad

Avant

Lihu

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Deal!  Give me your Starbucks order, and I will pick it up on the way.

I will take an iced dopio with 1 raw sugar and a splash of milk... thanks!;)

Venti Pike!

OK ...

Originally Posted by Pakoh

I will take an iced dopio with 1 raw sugar and a splash of milk... thanks!;)

Got it ... ANybody else want anything from Starbucks??  SO far I'ev got an order for 1 soy milk, and 1 apple juice ... wait, did I get that right ???

Originally Posted by mvmac

Count me in

Hello!!!!!!!!!!  (Make that 9 now)

. Just. Got. Real...

Yup

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Recently joined TST and looking to play. Shawn from Socal Golf League referred to me to this thread mentioning the 16th Dec at Milesquare. Have any more openings for this date?

Definitely! The more the merrier ... We haven't booked anything yet partially for this reason. Oh, and welcome! I don't think I've met you yet but I'm on your email threads because I told Shawn I'd sub for you guys when I could ... Just haven't been able to yet.

we have 10 players now (3 groups)... if we get enough people for 4 groups it might be worth considering the early booking option to ensure our times.

how do others feel about this???

we have 10 players now (3 groups)... if we get enough people for 4 groups it might be worth considering the early booking option to ensure our times.   how do others feel about this???

Agreed

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Originally Posted by Pakoh

we have 10 players now (3 groups)... if we get enough people for 4 groups it might be worth considering the early booking option to ensure our times.

how do others feel about this???

Agreed.

Here is the 10 guys... Just to keep the list handy so we don't get confused.

Quote:

1.) Agoodman

2.) Jim

3.) Beach

4.) Tristan

5.) Pakoh

6.) GolfDad

7.) Avant

8.) Lihu

9.) Mvmac

10.) CDoug

That's a pretty solid list. If we can get a few more we would have three foursomes.  Or if we stall out at 10 guys, we could go two threesomes and one foursome.  I really look forward to this, should be a good time and a great way for us to get to know some of the other Sand Trappers.

Here is the 10 guys... Just to keep the list handy so we don't get confused.

That's a pretty solid list. If we can get a few more we would have three foursomes.  Or if we stall out at 10 guys, we could go two threesomes and one foursome.  I really look forward to this, should be a good time and a great way for us to get to know some of the other Sand Trappers.

And we'll have to recruit the singles that get matched up with our two threesomes into the world of TST.

I just joined the forum but and live in Irvine.  Let me know all the details and I will for sure make this as well.

Yii buddy!

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Note: This thread is 4141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!