Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerseyThursday

Would the Explanar work with the stack and tilt?

4 posts in this topic

They have an Explanar (see photo below) at one of the local driving ranges and I have been curious to give it a try. My current swing is based on the stack and tilt but struggle with a consistent take away & plane angle. I was wondering if any of you thought this would be of any benefit.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

They have an Explanar (see photo below) at one of the local driving ranges and I have been curious to give it a try. My current swing is based on the stack and tilt but struggle with a consistent take away & plane angle. I was wondering if any of you thought this would be of any benefit.

Since it's there, I don't see the harm in giving it a try. I wouldn't pay to try it - a simple pair of sticks in the ground or something can do what it does (and slightly better).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it is a very good aid. Just make sure you know how to set it at the correct angle and how to align yourself for your preferred pattern.

As Erik stated, I would not pay to use it.

But get it set up correctly for you.

I tried it 4 years ago at a couple of places. I don't know if it will prevent you from getting your arms in, that may have more to do with the setup, but looking back on it, I do not think it was helpful.

I'd buy S&T; 2.0 and the 5 Keys DVDs - I've learned more from the 2.0, it is technical at spots, but the more I review it, the more I learn, especially as to swing path and face angle, etc, and looking at swings of professionals.  I look forward to getting more of a preview of the 5 Keys.

But the Explanar? I tried. Maybe you will have better luck.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades