IGNORED

Stacy Lewis Wins Player of the Year. First American since 1994.

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 4173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congratulations goes out to Stacy Lewis for winning the 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Award. Stacy is the first American player to win this award since Beth Daniel in 1994. After winning the Mizuno Classic last week, Stacy followed that up with a fourth place finish this week to clinch the title. She will go into next week's final event with a 53 point lead over Inbee Park. A first place finish is worth 30 points. Stacy finished 4 strokes behind Cristie Kerr.

The win for Cristie Kerr was her first in almost 2 1/2 years. It was the second consecutive win for an American player. It was also the 8th win by an American player, assuring them of at least a tie for most wins this year. Although shut out the last four weeks, South Korea has also had a fine season with seven wins.

Here is the list of tournament winners by country:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2012/11/stacy-lewis-wins-player-of-year.html

• Administrator

This would be a big deal if it weren't the LPGA. :(

Stacy's a great girl, her instructor is a good guy, and I wish her continued success. I root for her more than anyone else I can think of on the LPGA Tour. She seems to work at her game and seems less concerned with her nails or outfits, and I think that's sorely lacking among many of the other U.S. gals.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by kathybhylton

She's really good but she has a long way to go. Give this girl a chance.

The Player of the Year has a long way to go and needs a chance?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am amazed at how far she hits it for her size.  She has a very well rounded game.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by iacas

This would be a big deal if it weren't the LPGA. :(

Stacy's a great girl, her instructor is a good guy, and I wish her continued success. I root for her more than anyone else I can think of on the LPGA Tour. She seems to work at her game and seems less concerned with her nails or outfits, and I think that's sorely lacking among many of the other U.S. gals.

But Erik, didn't you know personal hygiene is critically important for these gals?  Having a dry bed of cuticles can lead to injury.  You know... Hang nails.

I really like Stacy Lewis.  With the amount of Asian LGPA golfers dominating the sport, Stacy should be celebrated as someone who's battling as the LGPA's North American leader.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I certainly think Stacy Lewis is deserving and I root for her all the time.  Given the physical difficulties she has had to overcome to play golf I think she is remarkable.  I believe if some of the other American women on tour had Stacy's determination the win percentages for America would be different than they are.  I am not trying to diminish the accomplishments of the foreign LPGA golfers.  They work hard and are very good.  But I somehow don't get the feeling that many of the American LPGA golfers have the same fire in the belly that Stacy and most of the foreign LPGA golfers have.  Not sure why.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!