IGNORED

SC Circa 62 #3

Note: This thread is 6138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have one of these?

I finally got mine today and it is absolutely gorgeous and rolls the ball beautifully.

Everything I want out of a putter and a very simple clean look to boot.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

jealous... I was in my local store the other day fooling around with one. It felt real nice, a nice weight to it. I have a studio design, works fine. Not really looking to replace it but if I had 300 lying around I'd love to pick one up

good luck with your new gamer

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

jealous... I was in my local store the other day fooling around with one. It felt real nice, a nice weight to it. I have a studio design, works fine. Not really looking to replace it but if I had 300 lying around I'd love to pick one up

Thanks, yeah it was like 260$, so not chump change, but with my birthday coming up I felt okay about splurging.

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

I have one and it is amazing. I was happy with my SC Newport, but when I putted with the Circa 62 I was sold. The charcoal mist finish looks great and I am making more putts than I did with my other Scotty. That may be a confidence thing, but who cares. Great putter!
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

Agreed, it is just a simply beautiful club. Very clean looking, not fancy, but with a good stroke it just putts the ball in the hole (pun intended ).

- Stuart Appleby

I have one that is waiting on the BBT (big brown truck) to come and take it away to the putter spa yet this afternoon. I've been playing my Circa #2 and still like it a lot but I was sold on the #3 when I picked up up and dropped 4-9' putts in a row with it. I traded my SS Newport Studio and $50 for the #3 just today and I'm so impressed by it that it's going to the CS for some stampage and orange grip and headcover. I can't wait to get her back and put her in my bag.

Well I have never tried the #3, but I love my Newport 2 :D

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

• 3 weeks later...
a quick question about the circa 62's. I have one and i have a few tiny rust spots. (i cleaned after every round but unfortunately, after one my brother tossed his wet towel on top of it which soaked through the headcover and left the rust) Anybody have any suggestions?

Go to Home Depot and pick up a spray bottle of Rust Out or something similar in the cleaning section. Give it a spray and let it sit for a bit, and the rust will rinse/rub off.

I've never tried it with golf clubs, but it works like a dream on bicycle parts.

a quick question about the circa 62's. I have one and i have a few tiny rust spots. (i cleaned after every round but unfortunately, after one my brother tossed his wet towel on top of it which soaked through the headcover and left the rust) Anybody have any suggestions?

Suggestion:

KILL YOUR BROTHER
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

Suggestion:

^^ good call there

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

Go to Home Depot and pick up a spray bottle of Rust Out or something similar in the cleaning section. Give it a spray and let it sit for a bit, and the rust will rinse/rub off.

I'm a regular lurker, but this post compelled me to register. Do

not do this. Rust remover will remove the entire finish from your Scotty, right down to the bare metal. I know this because I did it almost a decade ago with my first Cameron, an original gun-blue finished Newport. The entire black finish came off like I was wiping juice off the counter with a paper towel. Perhaps the Circa 62's have a more durable finish, but I really doubt it. If the rust won't come off from regular baby oil and a bit of elbow grease with a chamois or very soft towel, you can always send it back for a refinish someday.

Note: This thread is 6138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!