IGNORED

Hello from Baltimore

thumper07
Note: This thread is 6052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys I have been golfing for around 11 years now and i am 21. I just started trying to be good about 2 years ago. I absolutely love golf, all parts, the range, the putting and hitting little flops in the living room over the coffee table, and yes the best part, beating my Dad who is a 6 handicap. I joined this board becuase lately i cant stop thinking about golf, all i want to do is go to the range to get better. atleast now when i'm thinkin about golf and cant play i can talk about it. I hope to learn alot and maybe shed some of my young wisdom arround.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

Hey Thumper, I'm new here also. I tried to start my own thread but I think I can only reply right now. I have been playing golf for about a year and a half, and I'm 18 years old. I'm still pretty bad right now, but I'm obsessed so I like this forum. I wanted to get into the 80s in 2007, but right now 91 is still my best. O yea and I'm from Pennsylvania.

Driver: R7 Quad 8.5°
3 wood: A10
Hybrid: 20° DWS Baffler
4-GW: FP Irons
SW: 06 Big Bertha 56°LW: A10 60° Putter: White Steel 2-ball

cool man, yeah you need to have atleast 3 posts before you can create a thread.

-matt

Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

Hey guys I have been golfing for around 11 years now and i am 21. I just started trying to be good about 2 years ago. I absolutely love golf, all parts, the range, the putting and hitting little flops in the living room over the coffee table, and yes the best part, beating my Dad who is a 6 handicap. I joined this board becuase lately i cant stop thinking about golf, all i want to do is go to the range to get better. atleast now when i'm thinkin about golf and cant play i can talk about it. I hope to learn alot and maybe shed some of my young wisdom arround.

hey thumper, where abouts in Bmore? grew up in Pasadena until 4 yrs ago, moved up to PA where I currently reside now. I've played Carroll Park, Diamond Ridge, The Woodlands, Longview, Rocky Point, and just last week the newer course down in Pasadena Compass Pointe. Nice to see someone close by.

i'm from middle river, i play rocky point all the time, i consider it my home course. i haven't played compass point yet. i love rocky point, have you played it recently? the opened it up a hole lot. like on 10 all along the bay on the right they cleared out. same with 15 on the right. they also added alot of fairway bunkers and narrowed all the fronts of the greens where the fairways end. really nice down there now, and for $42 cant beat it.

-matt

i'm from middle river, i play rocky point all the time, i consider it my home course. i haven't played compass point yet. i love rocky point, have you played it recently? the opened it up a hole lot. like on 10 all along the bay on the right they cleared out. same with 15 on the right. they also added alot of fairway bunkers and narrowed all the fronts of the greens where the fairways end. really nice down there now, and for $42 cant beat it.

NO I haven't played RP in about 5-6 yrs now, I used to play in a Golf League through a previous employer there on Wednesday Nights (just the 1st 9 holes) it was nice then. Sounds like they have done alot of improvements to what was already a nice course.

If you ever get the chance, you have to play Compass Pointe, just over the Key Bridge, down Fort Smallwood Rd, awesome course, slighty pricey but well worth it, it's a 27 hole layout....

• 3 months later...

Nice to see some MD people! I just joined because (like you) I'm always thinking/talking golf. I used to play Rocky Point all the time, but I don't know how much I'll be going from now on. One word: mosquitos. I guess since it's starting to cool down I won't have to worry about it so much, but they kill me every single time I go there.

huh, thats weird usually they are only a problem when it doesn't rain for a while or no wind is blowing(which is hardly ever at RP) but i usually never have a problem. yeah bug season is coming to an end, woohoo!

-matt

Note: This thread is 6052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!