IGNORED

New Adams releases for 2013...First Look: LS and S Drivers, Woods and Hybrids

Note: This thread is 4123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I literally went to Golf Galaxy yesterday to pick up a 17˚ super hybrid... Now it seems they're releasing an entire new line. Bought a Mizzy 650 13.5˚ fairway as well, though I'm not unhappy with that decision at 150$.

I think it's pretty decent looking, but entirely too Taylormade-like for my tastes with the crown graphics. I might have to get their new player's driver though, since it's a laundry list of what I want in a driver; 8.5˚ head with +/- 1˚ of loft, velocity slot for thin shots, and deep face. Nice of them to keep it 45" too. I was thinking about a 9064LS to be honest, but this piqued my interest.

Anyone know of their custom shaft options?

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

are you completely wedded to the Adams? Other manufacturers also offer the laundry list I think...

Quote:

I literally went to Golf Galaxy yesterday to pick up a 17˚ super hybrid... Now it seems they're releasing an entire new line. Bought a Mizzy 650 13.5˚ fairway as well, though I'm not unhappy with that decision at 150$.

I think it's pretty decent looking, but entirely too Taylormade-like for my tastes with the crown graphics. I might have to get their new player's driver though, since it's a laundry list of what I want in a driver; 8.5˚ head with +/- 1˚ of loft, velocity slot for thin shots, and deep face. Nice of them to keep it 45" too. I was thinking about a 9064LS to be honest, but this piqued my interest.

Anyone know of their custom shaft options?

Below are photos of the Adams new drivers, fairways woods and irons for 2013. The  products are available in two versions — LS and S.

The LS is Adam’s premium line, which features all of Adams cutting edge technology and targets better golfers. The S line targets golfers looking for game-improving equipment and more modest price points.

The Speedline SUPER S Driver will come standard with the Matrix Radix S shaft. It will be available in late January

The Idea SUPER LS Fairway Wood will feature the Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage shaft

The Idea SUPER S Hybrid will feature the Matrix Kujoh shaft and will be available in late January.

The SUPER S fairway wood will come standard with the Matrix HD Radix 65.

The Speedline SUPER LS Driver will feature the Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage shaft.

The Idea SUPER LS Fairway Wood will feature the Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage shaft

The Idea SUPER LS Hybrid will feature the Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage shaft

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by benjamindanila

are you completely wedded to the Adams? Other manufacturers also offer the laundry list I think...

I'm really getting pissed about every company's shaft options. 3/4 of them don't make anything even close to my preferences at any cost. The stock shafts all suck for the most part, and even in custom I can seldom find what I want. Enough of the ladies shafts with the S on them... TM and Nike are especially thin on their offerings, Titleist overcharge like crazy and still only offer about 2 shafts I'd like, and Adams doesn't show their shaft options, let alone the cost. I would buy an i20 in a second, but once again they have to offer really light shafts. Their custom options are great, except they have nothing suitable at 80 or so grams. I would spend as much on a head alone as I would for a whole driver, and I would rather not waste money.

Adams has offered some decent, real deal shafts in some of their stuff like the Fubuki in their fairways, but they still go too light for me. It's looking like finding a 75+g shaft is nearly impossible in a driver, unless I feel like paying 375$ extra for an Ahina or something. At least I can get a hosel sleeve and install a new shaft that way on the adjustable ones instead of pulling them. My shaft has to be an X flex and a stable one at that, play at 44" with 80ish grams, and not cost a ridiculous amount. Slim pickings among the OEMs, and the head has to be low lofted and heavy, low spinning with a deep face, and I really like the velocity slot. If they offer the Adams with the kuro kage in X but at a higher weight without an upcharge, I'd be thrilled. Of course I could get in touch with a really good clubmaker and special order a hot melted, tour issue head with a prototype shaft, with the spine aligned with the magnetic fields of the Earth, sprinkled with unicorn tears, and 7 3/11 wraps of tape under the left ring finger, but I can't afford to spend 800$. At least the Adams looks to be a really solid head with almost all of my needs.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 4123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!