IGNORED

Jpx825pro or mp53 ?

wilky
Note: This thread is 3781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys Could anyone give some friendly advice as I'm in the market for a new set of mizunos, I play off 15 and a fairly consistent ball striker, I currently use the mizuno mx25, I have pretty much narrowed it down to two sets the jpx825pro or a new set of the older mp53, I have demoed both sets and the 825 seem a little more forgiving but love the look of the 53's, I will be knuckling down and getting a lot more practice and play time in 2013 any thoughts !

If youre going to buckle down, Id say 53s no question.  The 825 Pros are great irons but the feel of the 53s is superior, IMO.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I just looked at both of them this summer and went with the 53's.  Love 'em.

Though now I wish I'd have tried the 63's too at the time.....

If you are knuckling down, and that top line makes you more comfy (like me).  Then 53 is the easy choice.

(as long as you've hit them both and neither just absolutely stands out)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With a 15 cap, I'd say the 825 PRO's are your best choice. Great irons. I just moved this past year into the 800 PRO's, and I'm very

happy. You'll be looking for something else in a couple of years anyway. By then, maybe those beautiful blades.

Just my thoughts.

BTW: Moved from JPX 800's to the PRO model.

If you are looking for forgiveness but don't want to give up the sexy looks of the MP line, you ought to check out the Mizuno MP-H4s... a little more money than the other two sets but you get nearly all the forgiveness of the JPX-825 Pros and all of the looks of an MP iron.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I had the same decision about a year but with the 800pro. I loved the way the 53's felt but the 800pro were more suitable for my game. I play at 10 and take the game pretty serious and I'm continuing to improve and still feel that the 800pro are the suitable irons for me.

• 10 months later...
Not to hijack a thread but.... I play the 800 pros got fitted for them and ended up with 2*up which I really like. I had the opportunity to buy mp53 2* down for165$ used. I took both sets to the range and found myself more accurate with mp53. I did not expect this, being they are harder clubs to hit. I guess what I'm asking is if I have a consistent swing is the mp going to be more predictable over the Jpx and thats why i found them more accurate. The mp had a better flight a consistent distance and checked immediately on the green. Is their truth to y assumption.

If you are looking for forgiveness but don't want to give up the sexy looks of the MP line, you ought to check out the Mizuno MP-H4s... a little more money than the other two sets but you get nearly all the forgiveness of the JPX-825 Pros and all of the looks of an MP iron.

Thanks for the tip. For some odd reason, I though the MP-54 was the most forgiving iron in their new MP line.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just made the move from MX-25's to the MP-54's. I think the move from the MX-25's to the JPX825pro is actually going to LESS of a player's club than what you had. For me the question was not to go to the JPX line or even to the MP-H4's (because I think the MX-25's are already less forgiving than either of those sets) but whether I should go to the MP-54's or all the way to the MP-64's. After hitting both it was clear to me that the MP-54's were perfect for me now. Still some forgiveness but much more blade-like turf interaction.

EDIT - just realized how old this tread is...  so the above is not all that relevant. But to anyone looking to move from MX-25's I'd highly recommend checking out the new MP-54's...

Note: This thread is 3781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!