IGNORED

Anybody else play their aggressive game against their game management self?

justasgood
Note: This thread is 4126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every now and then(depending on how crowded or not the course is) I will put two balls in play. One by my aggressive self(Driver, fire at pins, challenge par 5's in two) and one by my management side(Yardages from the tee to the pipes, lay ups to solid yardages on par 5's). I find it a good practice to chart fairways hit and GIR's to solidify my game approach and mind set.

Just curious if anyone else does this and what are your results? Also, did it change your mind set when you had to put one or the other into play $$.

MP68  Classic Putter  I20 8.5*  Wedges

RBZ 3 & 5 woods  Hex Black

Owner/Operator Stellar Interiors

My brother and I used to and called it 'ball 1 ball 2'.

We always made sure the 'agressive' shot went first.

The thinking was subconsciously you may make a smoother stroke knowing you've already kept the 'safe' shot in play. Play the agressive one first every shot to simulate taking a big risk.

Almost always did the safe shooting ball win.

Great topic to analyze course management.  I am curious about scoring results between the two approaches.

Op, there is a thread on here regarding the "forward tees experiment" where a bunch of users played the forward tees from their home course once each in the two styles you referred to and then they each did a little write up with their findings. I would link it here for you but don't know how to do that on my iPhone. :) You might find it interesting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!