IGNORED

Just regripped my 1st club

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I regripped my putter tonight after reading and watching how to do it and I have to admit:

It's so easy, anyone can do it.  I don't know why I've been paying to have clubs regripped for the past 4 years when it took literally 5 minutes to do my first one.  The hardest part was cutting the old putter grip off.  I could have saved a lot of money over those years, since I like soft grips that wear quickly.

Good for you! You picked the most difficult club to do properly for your first one though..... It's absolutely critical that the flat part of the putter grip be EXACTLY perpendicular to the putter face. The alignment of the grip on other clubs is somewhat less critical. Now, get the rest of the bag done! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by JaxGolfer1

Did you buy a vice to help hold and align the grip or do it free hand?

I was told that I really didn't need the vice, so I did it without and now I see no real reason to get the vice unless you're working with multiple wraps of tape and the grip is really hard to get over them.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Good for you!

You picked the most difficult club to do properly for your first one though..... It's absolutely critical that the flat part of the putter grip be EXACTLY perpendicular to the putter face. The alignment of the grip on other clubs is somewhat less critical.

Now, get the rest of the bag done!

Yeah, I used the island in the kitchen and layed it flat so that I could look straight down the grip and align the flat part with the alignment mark on the head of the putter.  I didn't trust myself, since I can't even hang a picture straight, so I had my wife verify the alignment.  Then I placed the putter on the carpet and looked down the shaft to make sure.  With the Riflescope on the SeeMore, I'm sure it made it a bit easier to ensure it was square.

I am going to order the Winn Dri-Tac midsize grips as a set and do them all now.  My Winn Hero Softs are getting hard and worn.

A friend of mine is a club builder and I have watched him change grips many times. You're right it is not that hard but the vice does make it easier. If you plan on doing it often you may want to invest in one.

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!