IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not to loyal since I have played Titleist, Cobra, Callaway, Ping and Orlimar. I am a Huge fan of the Cobra and Ping woods, Titlesit Irons and wedges, Ping wedges and their putters and Callaway is kinda ehh. If I was given a sponsorship by any company I dont think my bag would be all one company since I like a little of everything.

909 D2 9.5* Voodoo
906 F4 15.5* UST V2
3DX DC 19* UST SR2
AP2 3-PW PX 5.5
Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.08 DG S300 Circa '62 no. 7 NXT TourWhite Tacki-Mac Itomic Career Low: 1 over par 71

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only real brand loyalty is to Callaway drivers and fairway woods. Perhaps I'll try a Cobra driver the next time a demo days comes around. I am starting to become more loyal to MacGregor. I have some MacGregor wedges and absolutely love them. I'd like to try their irons sometime.
Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

I'm not brand loyal, but I do have my favorite company.

I've got my favorite brands though. Drivers/Woods - Cobra, Wedges/Balls - Titleist.

In my Tourino Stand Bag:
Driver: S9-1 F 9.5º Aldila DVS-HL S Flex Shaft
5 - Wood: 1200 Gear Perfect (being upgraded next year)
Irons: R7 Irons 4-PW
Balls: GamersWedge: 60.08º Vokey Spin Milled Wedge - Oil Can

Adams...enough said! :P

Inside The Owl's bag:
DRIVER: Launcher 10.5
IRONS: Launcher 6-PW, #3, #4, #5 Hybrid
PUTTER: I-Series Anser
BALL: HX Hot Bite or Pro V1 SHOES: "Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but you have to play the...

I'm not much of a brand follower...well yes I am. However my bag is filled with custom clubs that are similar to PING. Haven't hit a better club than these although I'm looking forward to upgrading to the Taylormade burners 09 soon. I too am a fan of all NIKE products.

I have no brand loyalty as i play callaway, slazenger, ping and titleist golf balls.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I'm not, but If I had the money to be, it would be

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

• 8 months later...
Those that are sticklers for a certain brand (myself included) have found the feel or look or playability they are happy with. And they tend to stay with what works for them. The only club in my bag that is not a Ping is my Inza putter. But I have been eyeballing the new im putters :)

Driver Ping G10 10.5 degree
3w Ping G10 14 degree
Hybrid Ping G10 15 degree
Hybrid Ping G10 18 degree
Irons Ping G10 4-W SW Ping Eye 2Wedges Ping Tour-W 52 & 60 degreePutter Taylor Made Rossa Inza

My sister is a Division 1 college basketball coach and her team is sponsored by Nike. She gets a stipend of a couple thousand every year from Nike which can be used to purchased anything from a special website ... including Nike Golf. Thus I began with a lot of my clothes and clubs being Nike. At this point, I'd switch if something were to *really* fit me better but I'm used to most of the stuff now anyway. When (if) I improve enough to get out of the super game improvement set, I'll consider everything.

I'm not really brand loyal, although my bag seems to be getting more brand biased as we go along. If it hits great, I'll buy it. Somehow, the Cleveland Irons and Wedges have just felt really good to me lately. My driver is getting a bit beat up, so I'll go hit about everything before I buy whichever one hits the best for me.

The Cleveland golf logo has my initials, so I've used there equipment for the most part. I recently picked up a Nike driver at great price that is making it's way to the bag. I prefer Cleveland, but I'll play anything that works.
Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

• 4 months later...
I have some friends who want all their gear to be from the same company, or they will take pride in saying that they play Taylormade/Nike/etc.

Do you try to keep your bag filled with the same brand, or does it not matter to you? I suppose it would be nice to have all the same brand, but you are kind of limiting yourself.

I have some friends who want all their gear to be from the same company, or they will take pride in saying that they play Taylormade/Nike/etc.

Why would that be "kind of nice"? I personally think that's "kind of lame", but mostly when it's accompanied by matching logo bag and clothing. To each their own.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My irons and wedges are the same, my driver is different. I never really gave it much thought since I liked Callaway when I hit them and got fitted, so I went to the Callaway wedges by default I guess. The driver I bought really based on price, it was on sale and I hit it well at the store and got lucky it has been a good driver, but still acts up on occasion as they all do. I have a buddy that wouldn't wear a titleist hat that he won, a real nice one, rubber patch, flex fit mesh just because it had the Footjoy logo on it and he wear adidas. You just gotta laugh. I try and play the same ball but have been known to use a "found" ball of any brand as long as its still in decent shape (and I am generous with that qualification) to tee off with if there is a high chance of it not being found again.

Home Course Fairfield Greens
In my Bag Boy Revolver bag...
Driver: Tour Burner 43" REAX 60 gram shaft 13 degree
Fairway: X Tour 3 metal 15 degree
Hybrid: 5H 26 degreeIrons: X-22 5 thru PWWedges: Jaws 60, 52Putter: Tour White Hot #2 Center Shaft 33 inchesBall: ProV1

i think theres a fine line between having brand loyalty and being a mindless fan boy...
nothign wrong with liking one brand over another, but if you're the kinda guy to go out and drop $2000 on brand new Nike gear because its "cool", then you're just stupid.

i tend to like a lot of products from Callaway so I'm more inclined to try out products from Callaway than...Taylormade which I've never really loved for some reason.

With that said, my bag is a mish mash of random brands.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Why would that be "kind of nice"? I personally think that's "kind of lame", but mostly when it's accompanied by matching logo bag and clothing. To each their own.

Because I would get some satisfaction out of finding a brand that I really liked. There is something to be said for really liking a certain company, and you can make it your "trademark" that you play a certain brand.

Because I would get some satisfaction out of finding a brand that I really liked. There is something to be said for really liking a certain company, and you can make it your "trademark" that you play a certain brand.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Because I would get some satisfaction out of finding a brand that I really liked. There is something to be said for really liking a certain company,

and thats what sean is saying is lame...

trademark lol. i'd like my trademark to be that i can play a damn good game of golf. who gives a crap what brand your trademark is if you're shooting 100+.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!