Sign in to follow this  
Arsenal Forever

Brand Loyalty

228 posts / 42403 viewsLast Reply

I am not to loyal since I have played Titleist, Cobra, Callaway, Ping and Orlimar. I am a Huge fan of the Cobra and Ping woods, Titlesit Irons and wedges, Ping wedges and their putters and Callaway is kinda ehh. If I was given a sponsorship by any company I dont think my bag would be all one company since I like a little of everything.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

My only real brand loyalty is to Callaway drivers and fairway woods. Perhaps I'll try a Cobra driver the next time a demo days comes around. I am starting to become more loyal to MacGregor. I have some MacGregor wedges and absolutely love them. I'd like to try their irons sometime.

I'm not brand loyal, but I do have my favorite company.

I've got my favorite brands though. Drivers/Woods - Cobra, Wedges/Balls - Titleist.

I'm not much of a brand follower...well yes I am. However my bag is filled with custom clubs that are similar to PING. Haven't hit a better club than these although I'm looking forward to upgrading to the Taylormade burners 09 soon. I too am a fan of all NIKE products.

Those that are sticklers for a certain brand (myself included) have found the feel or look or playability they are happy with. And they tend to stay with what works for them. The only club in my bag that is not a Ping is my Inza putter. But I have been eyeballing the new im putters :)

My sister is a Division 1 college basketball coach and her team is sponsored by Nike. She gets a stipend of a couple thousand every year from Nike which can be used to purchased anything from a special website ... including Nike Golf. Thus I began with a lot of my clothes and clubs being Nike. At this point, I'd switch if something were to *really* fit me better but I'm used to most of the stuff now anyway. When (if) I improve enough to get out of the super game improvement set, I'll consider everything.

I'm not really brand loyal, although my bag seems to be getting more brand biased as we go along. If it hits great, I'll buy it. Somehow, the Cleveland Irons and Wedges have just felt really good to me lately. My driver is getting a bit beat up, so I'll go hit about everything before I buy whichever one hits the best for me.

The Cleveland golf logo has my initials, so I've used there equipment for the most part. I recently picked up a Nike driver at great price that is making it's way to the bag. I prefer Cleveland, but I'll play anything that works.

I have some friends who want all their gear to be from the same company, or they will take pride in saying that they play Taylormade/Nike/etc.

Do you try to keep your bag filled with the same brand, or does it not matter to you? I suppose it would be nice to have all the same brand, but you are kind of limiting yourself.

I have some friends who want all their gear to be from the same company, or they will take pride in saying that they play Taylormade/Nike/etc.

Why would that be "kind of nice"? I personally think that's "kind of lame", but mostly when it's accompanied by matching logo bag and clothing. To each their own.

My irons and wedges are the same, my driver is different. I never really gave it much thought since I liked Callaway when I hit them and got fitted, so I went to the Callaway wedges by default I guess. The driver I bought really based on price, it was on sale and I hit it well at the store and got lucky it has been a good driver, but still acts up on occasion as they all do. I have a buddy that wouldn't wear a titleist hat that he won, a real nice one, rubber patch, flex fit mesh just because it had the Footjoy logo on it and he wear adidas. You just gotta laugh. I try and play the same ball but have been known to use a "found" ball of any brand as long as its still in decent shape (and I am generous with that qualification) to tee off with if there is a high chance of it not being found again.

i think theres a fine line between having brand loyalty and being a mindless fan boy...
nothign wrong with liking one brand over another, but if you're the kinda guy to go out and drop $2000 on brand new Nike gear because its "cool", then you're just stupid.

i tend to like a lot of products from Callaway so I'm more inclined to try out products from Callaway than...Taylormade which I've never really loved for some reason.

With that said, my bag is a mish mash of random brands.

Why would that be "kind of nice"? I personally think that's "kind of lame", but mostly when it's accompanied by matching logo bag and clothing. To each their own.

Because I would get some satisfaction out of finding a brand that I really liked. There is something to be said for really liking a certain company, and you can make it your "trademark" that you play a certain brand.

Because I would get some satisfaction out of finding a brand that I really liked. There is something to be said for really liking a certain company, and you can make it your "trademark" that you play a certain brand.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Because I would get some satisfaction out of finding a brand that I really liked. There is something to be said for really liking a certain company,

and thats what sean is saying is lame...

trademark lol. i'd like my trademark to be that i can play a damn good game of golf. who gives a crap what brand your trademark is if you're shooting 100+.