IGNORED

Putter Chatter Cleanup?

PooN
Note: This thread is 4094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I lost my putter cover during a round towards the end of last season, and didn't replace it until it was too late... now my beautiful Bettinardi has some little ding marks on the top edge that my eyes actually focus on when I am aligning my putts.

Anyone have any ideas how to clean it up or who to send it to and how much it may cost?

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

PooN,

You have a couple of options.

1. Send the putter to a restoration company, there are several to choose from.

Google - refinishing Bettinardi putters.

They would certainly offer a guarantee on their service and it would look like new again.

Probably a pricey option.

Check out - dreamputters.com www. golfwrx.com /forums/topic/4332- bettinardi -refinish

www. slightergolf.com /products/ refinish.php

2. There are methods of restoring small blemishes on metals.

You can find a lot of information search " gun bluing"

An inexpensive procedure would be to first try applying a touch up finish such as either of the following products.

The Birchwood Casey Presto Gun Blue Pen is a fast and easy way to apply a blue black finish to your carbon steel firearm. The non-drip, no mess felt tip applicator quickly fixes bluing nicks and wear. Will not work on stainless, aluminum or other non-ferrous metals.

or

The Birchwood Casey Perma Blue Finish is a room temperature chemical that is used to touch-up worn areas on carbon steel. The final color is a blue - black and will darken with additional applications. As with all chemicals, care should be taken and protective gloves and eye wear should be used. 3 oz.

If the chatter has deep impressions, you could try using a very fine mill file to remove the raised dings.

Finish off with a scouring pad using it lightly on the damaged surface.

I would suggest practicing first on an old forged club, to see your results.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!