IGNORED

I would like get some thoughts on buying irons online....

rcarat
Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've always had good results from these guys - you can order custom specs...

Hello,

Our $50.00 OFF custom iron set sale ends in 2 days! Order now and get $50.00 OFF any set of 7 or more custom irons*. Any make, model, shaft, grip, or custom spec. Now is your chance to get your perfect iron set custom made just for you to start the new golf season! Just call us at 1-877-738-5248 or e-mail us at sales@discountdansgolf.com for order information!

Also, check out some of the hot new products available to order for 2013 and our January coupon below:

2013 HOT NEW PRODUCTS

TITLEIST 913F AND 913Fd, AND 913H HYBRIDS

TITLEIST 913 SURE FIT DRIVER, FAIRWAY, AND HYBRID REPLACEMENT SHAFTS COMPLETE WITH SURE FIT ADAPTER AND GRIP

COBRA AMP CELL DRIVERS, FAIRWAYS, AND HYBRIDS

COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

COBRA AMP CELL PRO FORGED IRONS

COBRA 2013 BAFFLER IRONS/HYBRID COMBO SET

TAYLORMADE R1, R1 TP, AND R1 SUPER TP DRIVERS

TAYLORMADE ROCKETBALLZ STAGE 2 AND STAGE 2 TOUR DRIVERS, FAIRWAYS, AND HYBRIDS (TP ALSO AVAILABLE!)

TAYLORMADE ROCKETBLADEZ AND ROCKETBLADEZ TOUR IRONS

CALLAWAY XHOT DRIVERS, FAIRWAYS, HYBRIDS, AND IRONS

CALLAWAY 2013 X FORGED IRONS

CALLAWAY RAZR FIT XTREME DRIVERS

NIKE VRS COVERT AND COVERT TOUR DRIVERS (RORY'S NEW DRIVER!!)

NIKE VRS COVERT FAIRWAY WOODS, HYBRIDS, AND IRONS

ADAMS SUPER S DRIVERS, FAIRWAYS, HYBRIDS, AND IRONS

ADAMS SUPER LS DRIVERS, FAIRWAYS, AND HYBRIDS

COUPON CODE: JANUARY-2013 (MENTION THIS CODE)*

$50.00 OFF ANY SET OF 7 OR MORE CUSTOM IRONS*
TITLEIST 913 D2 AND D3 DRIVERS SHIPPING NOW!

TAYLORMADE ROCKETBLADEZ IRONS NOW SHIPPING!! ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ORDER!!

$10.00 OFF TITLEIST CUSTOM TVD WEDGES!

COBRA AMP DRIVERS ONLY $159.00!!

$10.00 ANY GOLF BAG IN STOCK!
PURCHASE ANY NAME BRAND DRIVER AND GET $20.00 OFF ANY FAIRWAY WOOD!

*NOT VALID WITH OTHER PROMOTIONAL OFFERS OR PREVIOUS PURCHASES. COUPON EXPIRES 1/31/2013, SOME MANUFACTURER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.

To redeem your coupon just give us a call toll free at 1-877-738-5248 and one of our golf professionals will be happy to take your order!

Don't forget to check out the latest iPhone app from DiscountDansGolf.com ; "Your Golf Pro" is now available on iTunes ! Click here to take your game to the next level!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The three largest online dealers are:

TGW.com

Rockbottomgolf.com

Budgetgolf.com

They are all reputable.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If you are getting new irons for the first time in 20 years, you might want to test them out first. You probably want something in the Game Improvement / Super Game Improvement band (see Golf Digest HotList for ratings).

If you buy some irons online and don't like them, you could be out more than $200 "saved" if  you have to re-fit twice in the same year.

I got my irons through Callaway Pre-Owned, but I had already hit that model with those specs a couple of years before. I went with a more SGI model at first, but then switched to my currrent irons.

Bottom line: If  you get lucky on your online buy, you save money. If you get unlucky and need re-fit #2, it costs you more than just going to a store and getting fitted in the first place. After all, this an event that happens only once every 20 years!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I would definitely test out as many clubs as you can. Maybe test them out at a golf store, or if there is a demo day near you somewhere that would be good.  I bought new SGI irons about a year and a half ago because I was playing with 20 year old knock off clubs. Just having the new technology or in my case just having technology helped immensely.  Just like WUTiger I also bought some of my clubs through Callaway pre-owned and they were just like new for 20-30% off of the brand new price and they play just fine.  I think when my game gets better I might look to get some new irons, but that might not be for 5-10 years.  I would stay away from online shopping unless its from a golf store or manufacturer because sometimes you are not buying real clubs.  Good Luck.

Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!