IGNORED

fitting advice needed!

dug160
Note: This thread is 4098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have ben playing a set of Ping ISI white dots since the 90's.  I absolutely love them and hit them incredibly well.  I do however want to keep up to date with technology (which I obviously have not done).  My question is simple.  According to ping, I should be hitting a black dot, which is standard (0 degrees upright).  Is it possible that I have tailored my game to fit the wrong clubs?  The white dots are 3 degrees upright.

I never got fitted for my set as I bought them used.  Should I get fitted again or just get another set of white dots?

I'm no expert on club fitting but if you like the white dot AND hit them WELL, I saw get another set of white dots. You may switch to black dots and start to see your shots leak right.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you say according to PING, do you mean by measuring your wrist to floor, etc?

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

That is a static fitting, it is based on averages. The dynamic is when you hit off the lie board and that is much more personalized to your swing. If it is possible, this is the preferred method for fitting since it would be with the clubs you are going to get and you are actually hitting balls.

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

I'm surprised a Ping authorized fitter would tell you you need a particular lie without having you hit the strike board, that is what it is for. I would find a dealer that will do a proper fitting. I would not recommend just buying white dot clubs without first getting a fitting.

A Ping dealer didn't do the static fitting.  I did the measurements with the help of my gf and plugged them into the site.  Like Ive said before, I hit my current white dots as purely as possible, but I just want to make sure that I couldn't be getting more out of my clubs with new technology!

A Ping dealer didn't do the static fitting.  I did the measurements with the help of my gf and plugged them into the site.  Like Ive said before, I hit my current white dots as purely as possible, but I just want to make sure that I couldn't be getting more out of my clubs with new technology!

Ping has changed their color code chart in the last few years. I was fit for green dot in the 90`s and now I'm a white dot. Go get fit for the proper shaft. IMO clubheads are just a preference. On Pings website they only push "their" shafts. They may not be for you.

Driver      -  K15 10.5 w/ Ping TFC149D Shaft in stiff

4 Wood   -  Rapture V2 17.5* Aldila S-75

Hybrid    -   Super Hybrid SS 19* w/ Matrix Program

Irons      -   i20's 3-W, UW, SW & LW w/ KBS Tour Stiff +1/2" White Dot

Putter    -   White Ice #9 33"

Ball       -   B330-S & B330-RXS

D2 Feel

Bragging about a 200 yard 7 iron is not golf.

Yeah, everyone is getting at what I was getting at. If you are able to, a full and proper fitting would be best. If you're not able to, go with results. If you hit your white dot irons great, don't change. Do check out if the color code has changed though and go with whatever the new equivalent to the old white code is. I would not recommend simply going off of your static fitting (I.e. black dot). While that is helpful knowledge for a fitter, like PGA said, those are very rough averages. Better than nothing, but not better than a dynamic fitting or actual results. Hope this helps.

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

Get fit if your swing has changed than you get fit for what it is now there is no worries and you can swing with a new confidence. That way you know your clubs are just for your swing now. Getting fit wont hurt a thing.

If you want to go with Ping get fitted. I am a black dot until I hit the irons then I went to yellow. This is because i stand a bit upright and have a issue once in a while hitting the toe.

I have been fit for 2* up with other clubs but i wanted to keep it a bit lower i am only 5'8". Also I have some issue with my hands and fingures getting really sore and had a plus 1 wrap done to help.

Static starts it off from there you start to hit different heads and finally hit off the board. If you are not going to get fit the above advice see what your white was and what the new color is. If you have at least the opportunity to hit off the board then do that. If you find out your swing changes after 3 to 6 months plus you can send them pack to Ping they will readjust and put a new color dot on as well as register the new postision lie in there system to keep track. If not mistaken you can adjust the lie on the new G25 4* +/-.

If you are not going with Ping hit off the board to get the correct lie most clubs can get adjusted at the shop you buy them at only Callaway and Ping from what i understand have to be sent out.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 4098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!