IGNORED

off days- you know youve been there

shortgame25
Note: This thread is 6141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright, does anybody else have those days where you just cant solidly strike the ball? No matter what you do you cannot do it right, and it just feels like your swinging good, yet u have no control over it? This period may last a day, or even a week or 2, in some guys cases a lifetime haha. Well the last few days ive been in a funk. I usually shoots mid to high 30's somewhat consistently, and today i went out and shot a 49 and took a 11 on a par 5. Its almost like ive over golfed, if thats possible. So I know other people have this wierd things happen to them, and i think its a good topic to talk about! So what do u do when you get there?

I have those days seemingly too often, that's one thing I really need to work on-my consistency.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Alright, does anybody else have those days where you just cant solidly strike the ball? No matter what you do you cannot do it right, and it just feels like your swinging good, yet u have no control over it? This period may last a day, or even a week or 2, in some guys cases a lifetime

Oh, there's days the wheels just completely fall off. Don't panic about it - it happens to everyone sooner or later. When the wheels fall off my game, I can't break 100. That's when I stop keeping score and just start hitting balls around.

Usually, one part of my game is dead, one is on fire, and the others are so-so. Right now, driving is dead (1 fairway today) but iron play and my ballstriking is great (9 greens despite only 1 fairway). Chipping and putting are so-so right now. It changes from day to day. Some days it's just all off - when that happens I take at least three days off, and then go hit a bucket of balls at the range. Usually, I'll hit the best shots ever at the range after a week off (and fail to bring it onto the course).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I had a day like this yesterday. I was slicing all my clubs. I never slice irons so i had no clue what was going on.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

On my offdays, my irons don't work.

But luckily for me, my short game ain't too shabby, so I'll get up and down. Most of the time.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Heck, not only have I had off days, but i've had off weeks, months etc.. I tell ya what... those times can be really frustrating! and sometimes are really hard to snap out of because you start to mess with your swing etc...

When this happens to me, I just chalk it up as a bad day and wait for tomorrow. You've just got to remember that you do know how to swing. Funny thing is, I have a tendency to score the best when I hit the ball the worst.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

When the wheels fall off my game, I can't break 100. That's when I stop keeping score and just start hitting balls around.

I do the same exact thing, i'm out there to have a good time & if the shots aren't happening...oh well. Make the most of it & try to get just 1 good hole or even just 1 good shot.

I was like that last night. I just started hooking everything massively with my irons. 100 yards out and I was hooking the ball to a different fairway.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

Have a few of these alright, Putts wont drop and the driver wont stay straight.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Yep had one today. Driver and putting was good but I struggled with the iron play, afterward I hit the driving range and the irons hits went really well. For me seems like it really becomes a mental thing once on the course. But after all, for me, it's just a game whether good or bad I had fun.

Irons Racs 3 thru 9
Woods R5 3 and 5
Driver R5 460 CC

If I am having an off day and not shaping the ball very well I just play through it. I don't try to correct anything because I will be over thinking and it will just get worse.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

Note: This thread is 6141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!